What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
08-07-2017, 01:12 PM
RE: What's happening in your neck of the woods?
evenheathen: That's gotta be unnerving. I get it. Next-door-neighbor recently had a car break-in. All they took was his machete. yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhh. I get it.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
08-07-2017, 09:51 PM
(08-07-2017 01:12 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  evenheathen: That's gotta be unnerving. I get it. Next-door-neighbor recently had a car break-in. All they took was his machete. yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhh. I get it.

Been trying to figure it out all day. Best explanation I can come up with is that somebody keeping chickens had one get loose, and a fox or coyote got ahold of it. Only problem is that yeah, the head is gone, but there doesn't seem to be any other damage to the carcass. There was a spot of some feathers about twenty feet away from the body though. My cat used to leave headless mouse carcasses on our porch.

It's just weird.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
08-07-2017, 09:59 PM
(08-07-2017 09:51 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 01:12 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  evenheathen: That's gotta be unnerving. I get it. Next-door-neighbor recently had a car break-in. All they took was his machete. yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhh. I get it.

Been trying to figure it out all day. Best explanation I can come up with is that somebody keeping chickens had one get loose, and a fox or coyote got ahold of it. Only problem is that yeah, the head is gone, but there doesn't seem to be any other damage to the carcass. There was a spot of some feathers about twenty feet away from the body though. My cat used to leave headless mouse carcasses on our porch.

It's just weird.

It's aliens.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-07-2017, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2017 10:19 PM by Fireball.)
(08-07-2017 12:43 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Doing some yard work this morning, glanced over and noticed a headless chicken laying in the neighbor's front yard.

Huh.

It's still there now, I'm assuming they haven't seen it. I really want to go over and tell them about it, also assuming they didn't put it there, but we've been here for over two years and have only spoken when I first introduced myself after moving in. So I'm just sitting here on my porch looking at it and wondering why the fuck there is a headless chicken laying in their yard.

Drinking Beverage

Ohmy Were you the first to see it? That's a Vodun thing, meant to drive away demons. Well, maybe it was aliens, like moms says. Facepalm

OK, it's finally dropped to 85º outside, and its time to go to bed. Time to open a couple windows and the attic vent to cool the house down. I'll go down a quart of water and run the ceiling fan in the bedroom. My wife likes to burrow in the blankets in the winter, so the heating/cooling get shut off at 8PM. Ima do a little programming, here, in the next couple of days. Dodgy It was 106º F in the shade, today.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
08-07-2017, 10:17 PM
[Image: 20a3fc10db9a386295914af8a8045b99.jpg]

Seriously, are you 100% sure it's real and not someone just screwing with you?

"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
08-07-2017, 10:26 PM
Really, I think the scientific method is called for.

[Image: 8a4bfdbe2358e6ae0925d36cae69e96e.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
09-07-2017, 07:03 AM
(08-07-2017 09:51 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  

It's just weird.

Obviously a voodoo ritual gone wrong

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
09-07-2017, 07:08 AM
I just fed my crows. The older ones swoop in as soon as they see me walking out of the house. Today's food was bits of stale bread, fragments of tortilla wrap, and a few apple cores. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
11-07-2017, 09:42 PM
The beginning of a trial I've been waiting impatiently for.

Ottawa's accused Facebook predator held victim in dog cage for ransom: Crown

'Murican Canadian
17-07-2017, 07:28 AM
The usual circle-jerks.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.