What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
25-07-2017, 07:00 PM
RE: What's happening in your neck of the woods?
(25-07-2017 07:21 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 05:25 AM)julep Wrote:  Armed home invasion a mile away from my house! (although something sounds a little fishy in the story to me). Three guys with a knife forced their way into a house at 9:30 a.m., tied up the teenage babysitter, stole a gold chain, and left.

Fishy how? Maybe babysitter involved somehow ?

"Armed home invasion" Them's three scary words.

Babysitter involved somehow is my suspicion--although I hope not. Fortunately they didn't hurt her or the three kids she was watching. It seems like a lot of effort for the theft of a single gold chain. However, there was also recently a home invasion in the next town over, so it's possible it was the same guys.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2017, 08:59 AM
Not my neck of the woods, but visiting parents' right now, so their neck of the woods. Anyhow, local high school football coach just got arrested for soliciting a 14 year old girl with a computer, and sending her "obscene" videos.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-07-2017, 09:06 AM
(26-07-2017 08:59 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Not my neck of the woods, but visiting parents' right now, so their neck of the woods. Anyhow, local high school football coach just got arrested for soliciting a 14 year old girl with a computer, and sending her "obscene" videos.

That's pretty much everyone else's neck of the woods too.
28-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Perfect storm of sport and culture. Right now the Canada Games are getting started (with Justin Trudeau at the opening ceremonies), the Blue Bombers won a real squeaker 41-40 last night, Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival is winding up, the Royal Winnipeg Ballet performed in Assiniboine Park this evening, and tomorrow my daughter and I are going to the Art Gallery to take in a Picasso exhibit.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
02-08-2017, 09:37 AM
A giant cloud of toxic smoke, according to the radio. I have been advised to not leave my house and the birds outside are screaming louder than usual. Although that could have something to do with the helicopters.....

Suddenly the day is not so boring. Sadcryface

"Old men make old words holy. - A fool may scrawl on a slate and if no one has the wit to wipe it clean for a thousand years the scrawl becomes the wisdom of ages."

Honorous J. Ancrath
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
02-08-2017, 01:06 PM
This from Norway:

Quote:A man named Johan Slattavik posted the photo and posed a simple question: "What do people think of this?"
Hundreds of people commented, sparking a massive debate between Norwegians.

"It looks really scary, should be banned," one user commented. "You can never know who is under there. Could be terrorists with weapons."

"Should not be legal," another added.

Unlikely to be terrorists with weapons. More likely some dirt and candy wrappers.

Here's the photo:

[Image: empty-bus-seats-mistaken-burkas.jpg?w=400]

Scary terrorist women in burkas, or empty seats in a bus?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/anti-immigra...ng-burqas/
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
02-08-2017, 01:38 PM
It's hot.

That's all that's happening here.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-08-2017, 04:04 PM
105F in the shade, and we're out with no shade, putting in a hand rail for the steps going up to the front door. I went up and bought a canopy. We'll deploy that and finish it tomorrow.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
02-08-2017, 04:20 PM
(02-08-2017 04:04 PM)Fireball Wrote:  105F in the shade, and we're out with no shade, putting in a hand rail for the steps going up to the front door. I went up and bought a canopy. We'll deploy that and finish it tomorrow.

Just five more to go. At least you're not picking cotton...

[Image: too%20hot.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
02-08-2017, 05:40 PM
There's a bike show/get-together/rally/whateverT.F. thing going on in Grain Valley, Missouri, and there's twenty THOUSAND bikers stickin around & in my way.

I say bikers... 90% of them are not on their bikes, but rolling around in friggin ocean liner sized RV's, clogging up every back road from here to way over there, and gawdam these yahoos. Angry

"Bikers" my ass. Rolling mobile homers is more like it. Dodgy