What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
19-08-2017, 05:50 PM
RE: What's happening in your neck of the woods?
(19-08-2017 05:53 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I had a shit earlier today.

Funny, I had a shit fit earlier today.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
20-08-2017, 07:59 PM
Apparently the Mythinformation conference is next month about 30 minutes north of me. Trying to tell myself I don't need to spend the money to go to a thing where the theme is "skepticism in the age of social media" and includes special guests like Seth, AronRa, Dr. Richard Carrier, etc. And a VIP After Party where Ron Miscavige, father of the head of the Church of Scientology will be speaking. And the debate will feature a Muslim feminist author whom I first heard speak 13 years ago when I was a Freshman in college, who is from my home state.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-08-2017, 08:30 PM
(20-08-2017 07:59 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Apparently the Mythinformation conference is next month about 30 minutes north of me. Trying to tell myself I don't need to spend the money to go to a thing where the theme is "skepticism in the age of social media" and includes special guests like Seth, AronRa, Dr. Richard Carrier, etc. And a VIP After Party where Ron Miscavige, father of the head of the Church of Scientology will be speaking. And the debate will feature a Muslim feminist author whom I first heard speak 13 years ago when I was a Freshman in college, who is from my home state.

Go, go, go, and I expect a report and pics, yes I do!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-08-2017, 08:31 PM
It is so smoky from wildfires here today that going outside for 5 minutes gave me a blooming asthma attack I have been fighting for hours now. Using all inhalers. Confused

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-08-2017, 12:19 AM
(20-08-2017 07:59 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Apparently the Mythinformation conference is next month about 30 minutes north of me. Trying to tell myself I don't need to spend the money to go to a thing where the theme is "skepticism in the age of social media" and includes special guests like Seth, AronRa, Dr. Richard Carrier, etc. And a VIP After Party where Ron Miscavige, father of the head of the Church of Scientology will be speaking. And the debate will feature a Muslim feminist author whom I first heard speak 13 years ago when I was a Freshman in college, who is from my home state.

Go you silly sod. Otherwise you'll have regrets... Evil_monster

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
22-08-2017, 11:55 AM
(20-08-2017 08:30 PM)Dom Wrote:  

Go, go, go, and I expect a report and pics, yes I do!

(21-08-2017 12:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Go you silly sod. Otherwise you'll have regrets... Evil_monster

I'll book a ticket when my credit card processes the last payment I guess. Sad But true; Nomani was an eloquent speaker the last time I heard her in person, even if we theologically disagree, and the rest would be interesting too. Smile

Also I apparently missed all the fun, being unable to get a ticket to Paul Ryan's town hall last night. Rabbi Feingold (sister to former US Senator Feingold) asked him about Trump stirring anti-Semitism, and how it's caused her synagogue to have to hire extra security due to threats. (He refused to say anything about the President, multiple times when asked this sort of thing, because it wouldn't 'be good for the country, so why do it'.) People asked him about the Foxxcon deal where it's probably going to ruin the local environment, etc.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-08-2017, 08:56 PM
Man drives down Arkansas interstate with casket on roof, leads police on chase

It's slightly bizarre, but still oddly boring, until the end:

Quote:At this point, police do not know what Cholousky was doing with a casket - or if anyone was inside it.

Shocking Sadcryface

Because .. um .. no one bothered to look? Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
24-08-2017, 09:02 PM
We're just waiting for our checks from Mexico they sent to pay for the wall.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-08-2017, 05:30 PM
Anti-vax supporters have raised thousands of dollars for embattled Melbourne doctor John Piesse, who's facing deregistration for helping parents "legally" side-step the "no jab, no play" laws.

Under our no jab, no play legislation introduced last year, child-care services and kindergartens must first obtain evidence that a child is fully immunised for their age, is on a catch-up vaccination program, or is unable to be fully immunised for medical reasons before enrollment can take place.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
26-08-2017, 05:38 PM
(26-08-2017 05:30 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Anti-vax supporters have raised thousands of dollars for embattled Melbourne doctor John Piesse, who's facing deregistration for helping parents "legally" side-step the "no jab, no play" laws.

Facepalm Christ people are dumb.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post