What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
31-08-2017, 10:23 AM
RE: What's happening in your neck of the woods?
Shocking Facepalm

Heading north on US1, makes perfect sense.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
31-08-2017, 10:58 AM
Woohoo! First morning is weeks that the smoke has temporarily lifted - and I spent a bunch of time fooling around outside. Yeah! Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-09-2017, 06:14 AM
A kangaroo escaped from a local farm and hopped its way around part of Wisconsin.

Quote:“I saw something brown coming out of a cornfield, and I thought at first that it was a deer, so I slowed down,” Wilkinson said, saying it was about 6:30 a.m. on a foggy morning. “Then it came out in the road. It stopped right in front of me and looked at me, and it was a kangaroo. I was almost scared to call it in.”

The kangaroo — an escapee from the petting zoo at Jerry Smith’s Farm, 7150 18th St. — spent his brief time on the lam spreading confusion and self-doubt early Thursday morning among local residents that included a high school student, commuters, deputies, firefighters and even a frightened dog.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
15-09-2017, 10:39 AM
I'm opening a brewery.
I'm planning to staff it with huge breasted exotic dancers.
We will sideline in hand rolled cigars and bourbon.
Step one is to hit the lottery.
After that it's all gravy.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
15-09-2017, 12:50 PM
Not much happening here except.. My lady has gone out with her friends Smile Smile Smile I have the house to myself, big fat pizza in the oven and a few beers chilling in the fridge.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 2 users Like Thedemonbarber's post
15-09-2017, 03:11 PM
I'm off to see the Andrew Wyeth retrospect at the Brandywine River Museum for the fourth time tomorrow, before it closes on Sunday. It's one of the best Wyeth shows I've seen.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
18-09-2017, 08:19 PM
What's happening in your neck of the woods?
In the western half of my state, but I go to Charlotte once a year. That and I have a friend out there.

Charlotte, NC City Council will no longer have prayers before meetings. From WSOC, their television station:

WSOC Wrote:Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts made the announcement about the decision at the start of Monday night’s meeting, saying it was at the advice of the city’s attorney.

“We are not going to have an invocation this evening. We are going to change the way we conduct it on the expert advice of our attorney with concern over freedom of religion and separation of church and state and other recent court rulings,” Roberts said during the meeting.

An email sent by city attorney Bob Hagemann to the council in July mentions a recent federal court ruling that Rowan County's commissioner-led prayer violates the establishment clause of the First Amendment.

It's a start.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
18-09-2017, 09:21 PM
(15-09-2017 06:14 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  A kangaroo escaped from a local farm and hopped its way around part of Wisconsin.

Quote:“I saw something brown coming out of a cornfield, and I thought at first that it was a deer, so I slowed down,” Wilkinson said, saying it was about 6:30 a.m. on a foggy morning. “Then it came out in the road. It stopped right in front of me and looked at me, and it was a kangaroo. I was almost scared to call it in.”

The kangaroo — an escapee from the petting zoo at Jerry Smith’s Farm, 7150 18th St. — spent his brief time on the lam spreading confusion and self-doubt early Thursday morning among local residents that included a high school student, commuters, deputies, firefighters and even a frightened dog.

A mate of mine was in this band, Men at work. They were on tour in Japan and he was asked if Aussies keep roos as pets. He answered "We used to, but they kept jumping the fence." Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
18-09-2017, 09:38 PM
My (autistic) little bro has a girl-friend.
Wooo-hooo !
My dog is moping, and now come back to me. Rolleyes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-09-2017, 09:45 PM
(18-09-2017 09:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My (artistic) little bro has a girl-friend.

Wooo-hooo !

My dog is mopping,

and now,

come back to me. Rolleyes

Now it's surreal.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post