What's in my mouth?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-12-2012, 08:37 AM
RE: What's in my mouth?
LOLLIPOPS!?!?

Some of these are pretty funny. Also, these people look so young. I got my teeth out last year Tongue

My dentist asked me if I wanted to be drugged like when I got my wisdom teeth removed. The problem was I needed someone to pick me up and take me home afterwards, and I had nobody to do it. Also, it was going to cost me twice as much to get the full anesthetic. So, being the badass that I am, I just had them pulled with some local anesthetic. Ok, I won't pretend to be a badass, since it didn't hurt anyway. I don't understand why they drug people like that. Methinks they just want an excuse to take my money.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2012, 08:41 AM
(06-12-2012 08:37 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  LOLLIPOPS!?!?

Some of these are pretty funny. Also, these people look so young. I got my teeth out last year Tongue

My dentist asked me if I wanted to be drugged like when I got my wisdom teeth removed. The problem was I needed someone to pick me up and take me home afterwards, and I had nobody to do it. Also, it was going to cost me twice as much to get the full anesthetic. So, being the badass that I am, I just had them pulled with some local anesthetic. Ok, I won't pretend to be a badass, since it didn't hurt anyway. I don't understand why they drug people like that. Methinks they just want an excuse to take my money.
Because some of us had to have the roots broken to get them lose enough to be pulled out. Dodgy

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
06-12-2012, 08:44 AM
(06-12-2012 08:41 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 08:37 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  LOLLIPOPS!?!?

Because some of us had to have the roots broken to get them lose enough to be pulled out. Dodgy
But that kills people Sadcryface2

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
06-12-2012, 08:53 AM
(06-12-2012 08:44 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 08:41 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Because some of us had to have the roots broken to get them lose enough to be pulled out. Dodgy
But that kills people Sadcryface2
No, Smooshy, it's okay. It kills plants and trees. It only hurts people which is why they get knocked out first. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
06-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Hahaha.. My dad got me good. He prides himself on stupid pun jokes, and when I was in the car being driven home, I told him I was sorry for his cat being sick. He was confused for a bit, then remembered the joke. "No, I said I stroked his fur, not that he had a stroke." I stopped falling for his puns years ago. That was the last time he got me with that style of joke.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
06-12-2012, 02:48 PM
I've got all 4 wisdom teeth, they grew just fine, I heard it works only with about 5-10% of people. It must be my primitive genes and long jawbone to give me a lot of room for them. Looks like wisdom teeth are a valuable stuff. They are a source of stem cells or they can be transplanted to replace a lost molar. Which is an interesting choice for me, because my sixth molars are in pretty bad shape, repaired multiple times and hardly a year passes without a piece falling off.
I'm pretty sure stress plays a role, because I take care cleaning them... So it's nice to see there's a hope of replacement, just as a guarantee...

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
06-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Filox I used to be like that. I always refused injections since I was a kid. It was so scary to get a needle in my mouth. Only when I was a grown up I learnt that the injection is a good thing.
But there was one case (twice) when I asked for the injection but didn't get one > root canal treatment. Had it twice, no anasthesia for both. Explanation was, that if only hurts if there is still an inflamation. He was right with that, but this was the first time that something hurt me bad enough for me to get loud. I always say "I sang". Like, when it is about pain, I can be pretty badass. But root canal treatment without injection.... I don't wish that upon my enemy.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2012, 11:53 PM
(06-12-2012 05:18 PM)Leela Wrote:  Filox I used to be like that. I always refused injections since I was a kid. It was so scary to get a needle in my mouth. Only when I was a grown up I learnt that the injection is a good thing.
But there was one case (twice) when I asked for the injection but didn't get one > root canal treatment. Had it twice, no anasthesia for both. Explanation was, that if only hurts if there is still an inflamation. He was right with that, but this was the first time that something hurt me bad enough for me to get loud. I always say "I sang". Like, when it is about pain, I can be pretty badass. But root canal treatment without injection.... I don't wish that upon my enemy.

Yeah, root canal treatment is something different, I wasn't doing that, or else I would need an injection. That shit has to do with your nerve endings, so it becomes a whole new category of pain. Great for torturing enemies though...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
07-12-2012, 02:11 AM
(06-12-2012 11:53 PM)Filox Wrote:  Yeah, root canal treatment is something different, I wasn't doing that, or else I would need an injection. That shit has to do with your nerve endings, so it becomes a whole new category of pain. Great for torturing enemies though...
Yeah, root canal... I had it done on two teeth (8 canals) a few months ago. My old dentist fucked up the fillings, so it got all rotten beneath and had to be all taken out. My new dentist was so nice to give me injections on almost all the dental marathon I had to go through before moving out to the city. Still not done yet, way to go after the New Year before the exams.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
07-12-2012, 07:55 PM
At first I thought she was saying God not "gauze". Now that would have been really creepy.
Poor pet. Ohmy