What's more weird - Alienism or Creationism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2013, 12:26 PM
What's more weird - Alienism or Creationism
So Alienism is that Extraterrestrials created us, and Creationism is that God created everything.

What's more weird.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2013, 12:34 PM
RE: What's more weird - Alienism or Creationism
Christian god or deist god?

If the Christian god I would say my money is on the Aliens. Maybe the robotic servants of long dead and long distant aliens? Thats more likely than invisible bearded sky daddy.

If by god you simply mean that the universe is ordered and executing a pre-ordained mathematical equation that will ultimately lead to where we are now then I'd say the idea of a purposefully ordered universe is more likely than an alien race seeding our planet and then disappearing at sub light speed and that actually breaking the light barrier would be even more improbable. After all what aliens created those aliens?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
26-06-2013, 12:35 PM
(26-06-2013 12:26 PM)Korin Wrote:  So Alienism is that Extraterrestrials created us, and Creationism is that God created everything.

What's more weird.

Well as neither are supported any evidence both are therefore equally wrong. Weird is not a good word as the stupidest things can be considered normal if you have been exposed to them your entire life IE: Christianity. Normality is just how used to a concept your mind is so Particle physics are weird to most laymen however they are proven to be true (or are in the process thereof) so again weird is a subjective judgement.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
26-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Although, I think the universe just repeatedly creates and destroys itself, I think it's more plausible to think that this planet was seeded by extraterrestrials, rather than to think there's some magical god that makes shit happen in a poof. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
26-06-2013, 12:50 PM
At least extraterrestrials would have the potential to be a result of advanced technology that appears magic to us, vs real magic via a god.

But both are equally crazy.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
26-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Alienism is weird. Creationism is just plain evil.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Consider But the thing is, it would have to be the mere seeding of life components and then letting it go. Like Johnny Appleseed.

If extraterrestrials did seed this planet directly (had sex with our monkey forbearers)... wouldn't our Neanderthal and Australopithecus kind of be born expecting space flight? Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
26-06-2013, 12:59 PM
(26-06-2013 12:26 PM)Korin Wrote:  So Alienism is that Extraterrestrials created us, and Creationism is that God created everything.

What's more weird.

Actually all of the above are examples of Creationism.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
26-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Which is more absurd, sentient being x creating us or sentient being y creating us?

They are both completely absurd, I wouldn't label either as being weirder since neither have any credibility, and I wouldn't even grant relativistic credence to either one.

[Image: giphy.gif]
26-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Any creator that created this planet is by definition an alien.
No?

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.