What's more weird - Alienism or Creationism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2013, 05:20 PM
RE: What's more weird - Alienism or Creationism
At least "Aliens did it" is more plausible.
I'm not saying they did, but it's more likely then any God.

But it's only more plausible in the sense that those Aliens had to come from somewhere which would mean to believe in Alienism you still have to sort of believe life originated from extremely basic forms OR still have a belief that God did it. But at least with Alienism there is that opportunity to believe more sensibly.

Also with Alienism, it's easy to argue that they could be so far more advanced then us, that however they did it would seem alien to us in the same way that watching a TV would seem completely Alien to someone born in say the 100 AD.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2013, 06:36 PM
(26-06-2013 05:20 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  At least "Aliens did it" is more plausible.
I'm not saying they did, but it's more likely then any God.

But it's only more plausible in the sense that those Aliens had to come from somewhere which would mean to believe in Alienism you still have to sort of believe life originated from extremely basic forms OR still have a belief that God did it. But at least with Alienism there is that opportunity to believe more sensibly.

Also with Alienism, it's easy to argue that they could be so far more advanced then us, that however they did it would seem alien to us in the same way that watching a TV would seem completely Alien to someone born in say the 100 AD.

Your new sig is fucking awesome!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
26-06-2013, 06:49 PM
I don't see what the big deal is whether aliens seeded us here, or if life came here hitching a ride on a piece of Mars, or whatever. THAT life had to spontaneously generate somewhere, and I still don't think it was a deity that did the creating. Don't believe aliens have traveled here, either, for that matter. But WE have traveled space, so if there is inteligent life elsewhere they may have, too. So, as far as which is more weird, the invisible man in the sky till takes the cake for me!

27-06-2013, 06:22 AM
Alienism is weird because :

1.The intelligent design with aliens is scientifically ridiculous like the intelligent design with God. Therefore this is a pseudo-science like some processes like the natural selection explain that there is(are) no master(s) who control the evolution.

2.What is the planet of these aliens ?

3.What was the goal of these E.T ?

4.How they came on earth ?

5.Where are they ?

Creationism is weird because :

1.We know that humans were not made with clay.

2.The evolution theory explain that the first human never existed.

3.How with two people we can have around 100 billion of humans who lived on earth ?

4.Can you explain to me similar things between the Genesis , the Quranic version and the Babylonian myth ?

5.God really created the world in six days or this is only an allegory ?

Conclusion : The two are weird. What's more weird ? I think that alienism and creationism are equal.
If God does exist really (I'm sure to 90% that God is a myth) the Genesis is an allegory.
[+] 1 user Likes viocjit's post
27-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Many eminent scientists believe that alien life exists; SETI is classic evidence of that belief. I too believe in extra-terrestrial intelligent life - BUT I am extremely sceptical that they have visited our planet, or solar system. Interstellar travel for any beings that are not immortal is too improbable for me to believe. As Star Trek's Scottie would say, "You canna break the laws of Physics, Jim". The energy required for a spaceship to travel at even 10% of the speed of light, and then brake to planet-orbital speed would require stellar-scale quantities, and who wants to be in open space for a few thousand years on the off-chance that a habitable-zone planet is capable of supporting life. And another thing, I don't believe in space-travel via wormholes either, not for complex life-forms anyway.

Creationism is a load of bull; it's not scientific, it breaks the laws of physics. It requires belief in an invisible, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent being - for which there is NO evidence. Creationism is pure religious dogma; I mean that in a derogatory sense. I'd rather believe in Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy.

My votes:
Creationism is Weird ; Aliens visiting Earth is weird.
29-06-2013, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2013 12:25 AM by DeepThought.)
Numerous sci-fi novels have been created that have some a kind of 'alienism' concept.

I'd say that it's plausible despite there being no evidence for it. Creationism contradicts science, and the mountains of evidence we have.

Alienism mostly falls into the baseless speculation category. Creationism falls into the ridiculous bullshit category unless you believe that a god created everything to fool us into thinking it evolved over massive time scales. So the fossils and all the other evidence was magically created to fool us. Including the bacteria which rapidly evolve in front of our eyes.

One of the novels I read had an advanced civilisation that turned their planet into a kind of spaceship. Instead of traveling through space they traveled to alternate universes. So this "earth" visited alternate earths as a kind of planet sized ark. When it got there it opened a portal where life, various species and bacteria were sent through the portal.
So in that story our planet was seeded with life from a biologically similar species.

Obviously if something like that really happened there wouldn't be evidence in the fossil record, etc. Unless earth was only seeded with primitive life way way back.

What about panspermia? There are plenty of bacteria that can survive space and high radiation. Deep inside a rock there would be almost no radiation.

If it's plausible then it's not like creationism.

Edit: When I say creationism I'm referring to young earth creationism. Old earth creationism incorporates known science and accepts evolution as part of the creation process.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
30-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Alienism is more plausible because we already know that life forms can come about on other planets, intelligent ones too.

However, we don't know that a god exists, which would be an entity completely out of our understanding as we have it right now. What I'm saying is that a god would be an entity and an alien would be a physical being, I'm going with physical being.
30-06-2013, 10:31 AM
(30-06-2013 10:14 AM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  Alienism is more plausible because we already know that life forms can come about on other planets, intelligent ones too.

However, we don't know that a god exists, which would be an entity completely out of our understanding as we have it right now. What I'm saying is that a god would be an entity and an alien would be a physical being, I'm going with physical being.

Time out... we don't know that we can infer that based on speculation but we don't know that intelligent life exists elsewhere. It is possible that Earth was the only place in the Universe that life could arise (though given the sheer numbers that is becoming less and less likely) and a good bet is that yes there is other intelligent life out there, but we have 0 proof of such and given the vastness of space we probably never will.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Creationism is just hogwash.

Alienism? Well, we don't keep in touch. In fact, we stay the hell away from each other. We're better off that way. Or, at least, I like to tell myself that.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
30-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Does it really change the character of of the belief system to call the aliens "God"? Unsure

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user