What's more weird - Alienism or Creationism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2013, 11:14 AM
RE: What's more weird - Alienism or Creationism
(30-06-2013 11:09 AM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  Does it really change the character of of the belief system to call the aliens "God"? Unsure

Sounds like a bad Star Trek episode.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
30-06-2013, 04:29 PM
(30-06-2013 11:14 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Sounds like a bad Star Trek episode.
What religion is. Wink

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Quote: Time out... we don't know that we can infer that based on speculation but we don't know that intelligent life exists elsewhere. It is possible that Earth was the only place in the Universe that life could arise (though given the sheer numbers that is becoming less and less likely) and a good bet is that yes there is other intelligent life out there, but we have 0 proof of such and given the vastness of space we probably never will.

What I meant by what I said is that the sheer numbers of the universe (billions and billions) is more evidence than there ever will be for a god.

The numbers make alienism more plausible.
30-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Both aren't equally crazy in my eyes. Far from it actually.

There is nothing more ludicrous than the idea of omniscience and omnipotence. As silly as it might sound, at least the alien theory doesn't include either of the above. It has its feet grounded in science. Aliens exist? Not proven, sure... but what's the likelihood of their existence? What's the likelihood of at least 1 of them being advanced beyond our imagination? Even if one of us were to travel back in time a 500 years ago with an iPhone in hand, we'd seem like a God... or a witch in which case we'd get burned.

If I had to pick one religion here, it would be Alienism hands down. In reality, both are 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% likely to be false. I do like to entertain the thought of Alienism though. It's not completely outlandish. But when I'm toying with the thought, I don't think of it as aliens planting us and watching us grow. I think of it as aliens shooting their DNA throughout space to preserve their species. Scientists have entertained that idea for us humans already.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson