What's my style?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2013, 06:35 PM
What's my style?
My wife said something in passing that got me thinking.....she mentioned my "writing style."

It never even occurred to me that I have a writing style to be honest. I know that I often have trouble clearly expressing my ideas, and often need to explain myself. So I wonder, is it because of my writing style? A recent comment indicated that some people on the forum may view me as an authoritative figure (pretty sure it was intended in a positive way), yet I never would have imagined anyone felt that way about me. Again, is it how I write that conveys this?
So tell me, what's my style? What do you picture as my personality? Cold? Funny? Sullen? Jovial?

And don't be shy. You can't hurt my feelings. I don't have any.

Oh, and after you do me, you gotta do someone else to keep the ball rolling. Laughat

Shit. Did I just start a forum game type thingy?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2013, 06:36 PM
RE: What's my style?
(21-11-2013 06:35 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  My wife said something in passing that got me thinking.....she mentioned my "writing style."

It never even occurred to me that I have a writing style to be honest. I know that I often have trouble clearly expressing my ideas, and often need to explain myself. So I wonder, is it because of my writing style? A recent comment indicated that some people on the forum may view me as an authoritative figure (pretty sure it was intended in a positive way), yet I never would have imagined anyone felt that way about me. Again, is it how I write that conveys this?
So tell me, what's my style? What do you picture as my personality? Cold? Funny? Sullen? Jovial?

Oh, and after you do me, you gotta do someone else to keep the ball rolling. Laughat

You just told us "to do you"....Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
21-11-2013, 06:38 PM
(21-11-2013 06:36 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 06:35 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  My wife said something in passing that got me thinking.....she mentioned my "writing style."

You just told us "to do you"....Drinking Beverage

Inorite? Thumbsup

21-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Who are you?

21-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Damn...dad's here again, everyone behave. Angel

Yeah, you have that authority thing going on...but in a good way. Smile

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-11-2013, 06:40 PM
(21-11-2013 06:39 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Who are you?

Look to your left. Blink

21-11-2013, 06:41 PM
You've always intimidated me. Dodgy

You said to be honest. Your style is very reminiscent of my husband's, could be soemthing to do with it. I dont know. I also don't mean this in a bad way, like my husband is some sort of ogre.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

21-11-2013, 06:44 PM
(21-11-2013 06:40 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 06:39 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Who are you?

Look to your left. Blink

No!

I won't bow to your authority!

Angry

21-11-2013, 06:51 PM

You have a bit of the elder statesmen thing going on. A air of former authority that you could have again if you so choose. Mixed with your sense of humor you come off a bit like Bill Clinton (in a good way) The fact that you don't post as often anymore tends to lend some extra gravitas to your words when you do post now. Granted this might be more projection on our parts rather than tone on yours.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-11-2013, 06:54 PM
I've always found you to be funny but direct. You don't mince words. This is a trait I value highly in a person and even when we don't see eye to eye I respect you for clearly stating your point. I picture you as quite the wise ass in person.

DLJ, DLJ, DLJ - What can be said here? I always love reading your posts. You rarely, if ever, lose your sense of humor and that makes you putting somebody in the place even funnier. You wit and intellect shine through. Of course to you I'm a Colonial rube and easily impressed, so take this as you will. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume