What's next after 21 December 2012?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Rainbow What's next after 21 December 2012?
What other apocalyptic "predictions" still left?

I know that Judaism are waiting for the Messiah to come in about 250 years or so (6,000 years after the creation of Adam) but I don't see
people scared of it (I think a few people knows about that).

Christians are waiting for the second coming of Jesus, but there is no specific date.

Do you think people will stop believing in such stupid things?
What about people who took this "prophecy" seriously? They'll be disappointed and I can't wait to see what they have to say.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2012, 01:02 PM
RE: What's next after 21 December 2012?
After 21 December 2012 will come... 22 December 2012.

Jews and Christians are waiting for mythological fantasies that aren't going to happen.

The world will end someday, just not this year or this decade or this century (though it may remain to be seen whether mankind wipes itself out, or tries to, via war or environmental catastrophe).

Will people stop believing in superstition? Of course not. There are people alive today who believe in really crazy, easily disproved crap, like that the Earth is flat. They have no invested interest in it, it doesn't comfort them to know that when they die the flat earth will take care of them and all their loved ones. They just ignore reality. If nut jobs can still believe in crap like that for no reason, then yeah, people will continue to believe in kindly sweet father figures in the sky who will take care of them and love them forever, especially after they die. (Yes, I know, he isn't very kindly or sweet, but the believers like to convince themselves that he is).

Did anyone take the Mayan calendar junk seriously? Anyone at all? I don't think that even the people who claim that they take it seriously really do - probably just a cry for attention. At least the flat earthers can say "Well, it looks flat, so it must be". The Mayan doomsday idiots can't even see anything to back up their doomsday prophecy - every calendar ends. The one on my wall ends exactly 10 days after the Mayan calendar, on 31-12-2012. I have never seen a calendar that has all of eternity on it, so until someone creates one, every calendar will have a last day, including the Mayan calendar. I think even the Mayan doomsday fans know this, at some level, except for maybe the really crazy ones - I feel too bad for them to gloat when they're confronted with reality on December 22.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
20-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Just that fact that there's a thread here where Earmuffs is giving relationship advice makes me think I should look at this end of the world stuff a little closer.
Surely that must be a sign of some apocolypse.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
20-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Wait, people take 21st of December seriously?
I thought it was just one big joke.

wow.
Another low point for humanity...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
20-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Quote: What's next after 21 December 2012?
Simple: A lot more than usual new people 9 months after

if your faith can move mountains it should be able to withstand criticism
20-11-2012, 10:52 PM
(20-11-2012 09:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wait, people take 21st of December seriously?

wow.
Oh yes. This article is from 2010 but the italian bunker is now finished:

http://gorbman.com/2010/11/01/doomsday-c...l-yucatan/

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-11-2012, 04:02 AM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2012 04:07 AM by Filox.)
(20-11-2012 09:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wait, people take 21st of December seriously?

wow.

What do you mean? I have it all figured out for that day. The 3 of us will be taking the Lada Niva 4x4 and we will go and visit one old nuclear shelter, that was made for the former president of Yugoslavia, Josip Broz Tito, but it is now turned into a museum. It has been preserved in it's original state, with everything operational and functional. So we figured that it doesn't hurt to pay a visit to that museum at that particular date, actually the day before and then we will camp in front until the 21st...

So, when the shit hits the fan, I will be in my huge nuclear bunker, with my 4x4 safely inside, where will you people be?

Big Grin

Cool

http://gulfnews.com/life-style/travel/ex...-1.1042780

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
21-11-2012, 06:12 AM
According to the various myths/legends from different times and places around the world we will experience 3 days of darkness.

Best stock up on some candles then Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
21-11-2012, 06:29 AM
Who needs candles in the old communist nuclear bunker with diesel generators?

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson