What's next...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2014, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2014 02:35 PM by Bishoy.Adel.)
RE: What's next...
(28-10-2014 02:02 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I'd say a good next step would be to brush up on some common religious arguments, just in case you find yourself in an argument... Also, emoticons are never to be apologized for. Beat_stick

Oh, I'm afraid I'm not in a place where I can argue for atheism, the most courageous thing I did about that was about a couple of months ago as I said to some colleagues at college that I support atheists rights (You can't get married as an atheist here for example) and you can't imagine the uncomfortable looks people gave me for a good amount of time after that sentence, well I basically said that I support the rights of atheists and gays, and I said that in a very traditional, conservative country, but a real argument, I don't think that's even possible, but let's be optimistic and wait and see Big Grin and thanks for the emoticons thingy btw Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bishoy.Adel's post
28-10-2014, 02:17 PM
(28-10-2014 02:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  Bishoy, are you in a country where it is dangerous to be up-front about your religious (non) beliefs?

That's right my friend, I mean in my country only up to 20 atheists, literaly 20 out of millions, got out of the closet, most of them were persecuted/made to leave the country or simply left alone (disowned by family and left by friends) so yes, I'm not the only atheist in the country but we're a rare species Big Grin
28-10-2014, 02:20 PM
(28-10-2014 02:17 PM)Bishoy.Adel Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 02:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  Bishoy, are you in a country where it is dangerous to be up-front about your religious (non) beliefs?

That's right my friend, I mean in my country only up to 20 atheists, literaly 20 out of millions, got out of the closet, most of them were persecuted/made to leave the country or simply left alone (disowned by family and left by friends) so yes, I'm not the only atheist in the country but we're a rare species Big Grin

Please be careful amigo Wink

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-10-2014, 02:23 PM
(28-10-2014 02:20 PM)morondog Wrote:  Please be careful amigo Wink

Thanks for caring, but if you think about it, there's nothing I can do really, if it is 'meant' to happen it will, let's just wish that freedom of belief and speech be available in all places Smile