What's the Crime Like in Your Neighborhood?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2016, 11:07 AM
RE: What's the Crime Like in Your Neighborhood?
I live in the poorer neighborhood of a fairly affluent suburb. We mostly get people being unruly with firecrackers, outdoor parties and arguments late at night, and general disturbing the peace type stuff. But in a sense that's good for me because I have a trio that jams in my basement so I don't have to feel guilty when we get a little loud on a Sunday afternoon if I know some yahoo was blasting off M80s the night before.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's the usual American suburb amount of drug dealing going on in my town, but there aren't gangs walking around shooting people up over it. I feel safe walking at night with my family.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2016, 12:25 PM
Some fucker stole my ladder. Angry

Ok, it was a couple of years ago but ... goddamnit!

fucker. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
14-05-2016, 06:53 AM
It's a small town in Louisiana. Meth, pills, and local political corruption.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
14-05-2016, 07:00 AM
I live in the rough part of town.
So crimes low because all the thieves that live around me fuck off to the other suburbs to steal shit.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
14-05-2016, 05:01 PM
(14-05-2016 07:00 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I live in the rough part of town.
So crimes low because all the thieves that live around me fuck off to the other suburbs to steal shit.

Even dogs know enough to not shit in their own crate.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Not much crime in the little town where I live. It's worse in the town where I work. And I am damn sure not heading to south Dallas any time soon...I used to have to go to the hospital/doctors around there and would drive through areas where all the windows had burglar bars. Usually when I hear about murders and such on the local radio it happened in south Dallas.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-05-2016, 05:34 PM
I live about five miles outside a tiny town, and perhaps 30 miles from Austin. The crime we have here is basically methheads and their doings, but it's pretty low, especially compared to SoCal where I used to live and was repeatedly victimized by burglars.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
14-05-2016, 07:14 PM
Nonexistent.

My garden hose went missing two years ago, I looked for it everywhere. Fairly new 50' green/grey hose, $25. I was pissed. Bought a new hose, used it all spring/summer/fall. When cold weather set in I took it out back to stretch it out along the fence by the irises, it's down hill a bit there and a good spot to drain a hose before putting it up for winter. There was my missing hose.
Facepalm

Holy guacamole I felt stupid. Sadcryface

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 6 users Like Heatheness's post
14-05-2016, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2016 10:08 AM by Fireball.)
(14-05-2016 07:14 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Nonexistent.

My garden hose went missing two years ago, I looked for it everywhere. Fairly new 50' green/grey hose, $25. I was pissed. Bought a new hose, used it all spring/summer/fall. When cold weather set in I took it out back to stretch it out along the fence by the irises, it's down hill a bit there and a good spot to drain a hose before putting it up for winter. There was my missing hose.
Facepalm

Holy guacamole I felt stupid. Sadcryface

Hmm. I've never, ever, misplaced anything. Gasp Lightning strike! Hobo

I live in a city of ~100k people that drifts around from #1 to #4 as the safest city of its size in the US. The particular area I live in has a maze of streets that do not include a major thoroughfare, so police pursuits don't happen here. Lots of people are home during the day, so burglars would have a hard time being "discreet". I have security cameras with big LED lights on them. Interestingly enough, I put those up because one of our female neighbors had a falling out with my wife and was vandalizing our stuff. That shit stopped tout-suite when the cameras went up.
[+] 4 users Like Fireball's post
15-05-2016, 12:41 AM
I live in a city of 4.4 Million, crime is ridiculous depending on where you go. Breaking and Entering barely even registers on the local news here.

Murder is kinda high in the city, suburbs are less so. More likely to be in an armed robbery than in a break in.

Also you are probably better off not carrying cash if you can help it.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user