What's the Most Rewarding Thing You've Ever Done?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2013, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 08:13 PM by Peanut.)
What's the Most Rewarding Thing You've Ever Done?
I was thinking lately about how it hurts when people think that atheists don't have morals or are just grumpy, sad people.

I do LOTS to make my life fulfilling. I care more about people more than people might assume.

When I cashier at work, I put the bags into a little old lady's cart every time. Smile Of course, I gauge the situation, because not ALL old people are incapable. They wouldn't appreciate a young woman treating them like they can't do things for themselves. Just today, this sweet lady was moving very slowly and she was noticeably having a hard time breathing and simply writing her check. I caught on and asked if she needed any help and if she needed to sit down. She told me that she was just released from the hospital last night and she didn't feel like she was ready to leave yet. Sad OH, Granny! Don't make my heart hurt! (Jeez!) She ended up having her son with her and he helped her out.

This is just at WORK. I show respect to my fellow human beings on a daily basis. I'm polite and care about their well-being.

So...What kind of things do you do in your daily life to show you care? To show compassion? What do you like to do to make people think, "Man! I seriously misjudged that person!" ?

*When I greet guests, I say, "How are you today?" They respond, "I'm good," usually and ask me, "How are you?" I reply, "I'm well, thank you."

I've gotten two people stop and say "thanks" to me just because I answered that way.

Ok, GO!

EDIT: It's not about doing things for the sole purpose to "make people think better of you." I'm simply asking about instances in your life that made you feel good about yourself.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2013, 03:55 PM
RE: What's the Most Rewarding Thing You've Ever Done?
(04-03-2013 03:47 PM)Peanut Wrote:  So...What kind of things do you do in your daily life to show you care?
You see... I just don't care anymore. Wink

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 2 users Like frankiej's post
04-03-2013, 04:00 PM
(04-03-2013 03:55 PM)frankiej Wrote:  
(04-03-2013 03:47 PM)Peanut Wrote:  So...What kind of things do you do in your daily life to show you care?
You see... I just don't care anymore. Wink
[Image: Grumpy-Cat.jpg]

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
04-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Rewarding for whom? Consider

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2013, 05:11 PM
(04-03-2013 04:48 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Rewarding for whom? Consider

Ugh! You grumpy people. Rewarding for YOURSELF. What's something you've done to make someone's day and it made you proud of yourself?

04-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Emotionally?
Cerebrally?
Physically?
Financially?

erm...

Spiritually? Laughat

04-03-2013, 05:18 PM
(04-03-2013 05:11 PM)Peanut Wrote:  

Ugh! You grumpy people. Rewarding for YOURSELF. What's something you've done to make someone's day and it made you proud of yourself?
Hmm, so, sex counts, yeah?

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
04-03-2013, 05:23 PM
(04-03-2013 05:11 PM)Peanut Wrote:  

Ah, K.

There were those two lost truckers I drove to their destination. Then there was the car wreck that I stopped to help with. Then the two lost dogs I returned. Plus most of my clients.

With me, though, it's not really about a sense of reward. Because ultimately, I don't get off on making someone's day. I mean, it's cool if people are happy, but if those same people blow their brains out tomorrow, I'm not gonna wonder if there was anything I could've said or wish that I had been there. I just don't feel it. When I help people, I do so out of a sense of duty. Of decency. I don't care much for people, but the main reason I don't care for them is because they don't care for anyone else. People are selfish. I hate because there isn't as much love as I feel there should be. (How's that for irony?) So I resent them. But while I may not care for them, I act in accordance with my sense of kindness and decency by helping them if needed. It's what I'd want them to do for me.

Even if many of them never would.

[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
04-03-2013, 05:24 PM
(04-03-2013 05:18 PM)frankiej Wrote:  
(04-03-2013 05:11 PM)Peanut Wrote:  Ugh! You grumpy people. Rewarding for YOURSELF. What's something you've done to make someone's day and it made you proud of yourself?
Sure...

You all suck.

[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post
04-03-2013, 05:24 PM
(04-03-2013 05:18 PM)frankiej Wrote:  
(04-03-2013 05:11 PM)Peanut Wrote:  Ugh! You grumpy people. Rewarding for YOURSELF. What's something you've done to make someone's day and it made you proud of yourself?
Plus this.

.....In fact, mostly this. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post