What's the coolest thing you have seen in the sky?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2015, 10:19 AM
RE: What's the coolest thing you have seen in the sky?
I was driving by myself up through the mountains one night, rounded a corner, and BAM! There it was! No, I'm not talking about a head-on collision with another vehicle. It was a lunar eclipse!

I happened to be right next to a scenic overlook, so I pulled over, sat on the hood of my car and took in the gorgeous view of the valley with the blood-red moon overhead. It was a magical experience.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like cactus's post
25-10-2015, 10:38 AM
I happened to see the Space Shuttle coming in for a landing out at Andrews Air Force Base and experienced the double sonic boom. It was quite a ways up in the sky but I'd heard on my car radio that it was landing out there and I pulled over and looked for it. And there it was.

I also saw a lunar eclipse out in the desert once. It was crystal clear and nothing was in the way. No mountains or buildings or city lights. The moon was just on the horizon when the eclipse began. The moon was HUGE. Just ENORMOUS It looked like I could reach out and touch it. Amazing.

The desert is such an amazing place. It's no wonder that several religions began in the desert.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
25-10-2015, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2015 11:20 AM by Anjele.)
I love lightning...not being struck by it or anything...just the way it looks.

Many years ago I was traveling with two of my kids and we were in the mountains of West Virginia. There was the most amazing lightning show all around us. Unfortunately when I reached my destination I found out that the town where we stopped for gas had suffered severe storm damage.

There were so many lightning strikes at once that it almost like daylight though it was after 10 pm. The power of nature was amazing to witness.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
25-10-2015, 11:19 AM
(25-10-2015 10:55 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I love lightning...not being struck by it or anything...just the way it looks.

Many years ago I was traveling with two of my kids and we were in the mountains of West Virginia. There was the most amazing lighting show all around us. Unfortunately when I reached my destination I found out that the town where we stopped for gas had suffered severe storm damage.

There were so many lightning strikes at once that it almost like daylight though it was after 10 pm. The power of nature was amazing to witness.

You're nuts! Lighting scares the shit outta me......unless it's far, far away.

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
25-10-2015, 11:21 AM
(25-10-2015 11:19 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 10:55 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I love lightning...not being struck by it or anything...just the way it looks.

Many years ago I was traveling with two of my kids and we were in the mountains of West Virginia. There was the most amazing lighting show all around us. Unfortunately when I reached my destination I found out that the town where we stopped for gas had suffered severe storm damage.

You're nuts! Lighting scares the shit outta me......unless it's far, far away.

hmmm....not the first time I have heard this. Consider

I love thunderstorms.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
25-10-2015, 11:35 AM
I was riding my motorcycle into Otsego Michigan - on the back side of the ridge that forms Bittersweet Ski resort and just as I came up the hill I heard a thundering engine. I looked up and going in the other direction and across my path - was Sue Parish from the Kalamazoo Airzoo flying her pink P-40 Warhawk cheating a knife edge flight -- so I had a perfect view of the plane going by. It was close enough I could recognize the female pilot.

[Image: suzanne-parishwith-planes-7d4284ca9d6dd205_large.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiOz2kSXreSUFG6KwWzWk...APQoTW9T9H]

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
25-10-2015, 11:46 AM
[Image: pig1.jpg]
[Image: pig2.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 14 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-10-2015, 11:51 AM
(25-10-2015 11:46 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Image: pig1.jpg]
[Image: pig2.jpg]

Laugh out load Now THAT'S funny!..............^^^^^Laughat

Big GrinLaugh out loadBig GrinLaugh out load

25-10-2015, 01:48 PM
I heard that the pig got loose during the photo shot - and was seen by airliners at 20,000 feet going into Heathrow.....

Imagine calling THAT one in ---

"Uh, Traffic control - BAW 2023 - we have flying pigs at 080 at 20k....."

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
25-10-2015, 02:11 PM
I've seen a few large meteors but, even though I've seen it many times, I still get a buzz when I see the International Space Station pass over.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 5 users Like Marozz's post