What's the craziest thing you have ever done is a religious environment eg. church?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2013, 06:24 PM
What's the craziest thing you have ever done is a religious environment eg. church?
Hey, I'm relatively new here, but I just thought of a fun and interesting topic to talk about!
What is the craziest, wackiest, weirdest thing you have ever done in a religious setting, e.g. a Bible study group, church, prayer meeting etc.
Apart from praying to a non existent imaginary friend, here is the one which comes to mind for me:
I went to confirmation classes as a kid, maybe 12 years old, the classes were boring and we didn't learn much mainly just learning what the Bible said about getting into the Kingdom of Heaven and all that basic and carefully selected crap.
Anyway, I ended up drawing all over my worksheets, and ended up drawing a picture of Adolf Hitler being crucified, it didn't mean much, basically it was to show Hitler was a bad man so needed to be crucified like the thieves on either side of Jesus.
Anyway I went home with this worksheet and my mother wanted to know what I had learnt, I was more interested in telling her about my awesome drawings. She was disgusted at what she saw, even though it was done innocently, and I ended up having to write a letter of apology to the Vicar and speak to her face to face and tell her what I had done and that I was sorry for it.
The Vicar up to this point had no idea I had done it, and I told my mother this at the time, but my mother being low on intelligence thought it would be best it I wrote this letter and apologised face to face which would mean the Vicar would find out I had been drawing pictures of Hitler in her class.
It was quite an awkward experience, and in all honestly I don't think the Vicar cared, she looked awkward when I told her, maybe because my mother was with me at the time and she didn't know what to say.

So, now its your turn ... Big Grin

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheLogicalAthiest's post
02-03-2013, 06:32 PM
1. Sat cross-legged instead of kneeling in prayer
2. Took money from the collection plate instead of putting it in

I probably would've been about 8 or 9 years old. I was constantly being told off.

I suppose I realized quite early that it was all a load of complete and utter rubbish! Sleepy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
02-03-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: What's the craziest thing
(02-03-2013 06:32 PM)aurora Wrote:  1. Sat cross-legged instead of kneeling in prayer
2. Took money from the collection plate instead of putting it in

I probably would've been about 8 or 9 years old. I was constantly being told off.

I suppose I realized quite early that it was all a load of complete and utter rubbish! Sleepy
Taking money instead of giving is kind of funny, but also kind of bad at the same time. But that's what this thread is all about Smile

02-03-2013, 06:58 PM
It wasn't because I wanted the money (which was bugger all anyway), it was just a form of rebellion.
I didn't grow up to be a kleptomaniac Big Grin

02-03-2013, 07:03 PM
I lost my virginity on a church youth group ski trip. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
02-03-2013, 07:06 PM
RE: What's the craziest thing
(02-03-2013 07:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  I lost my virginity on a church youth group ski trip. Yes
Well I guess there's snow other way to do it Laughat

[+] 1 user Likes TheLogicalAthiest's post
02-03-2013, 07:13 PM
(02-03-2013 07:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  I lost my virginity on a church youth group ski trip. Yes
Wow! Didn't the poles get in the way?
Yeh, don't bother hanging shit 'cos I know it was bad Sleepy

02-03-2013, 08:08 PM
RE: What's the craziest thing...
I got as far as "what's the craziest thing," and I go...

My Gwynnies! Heart Banana_zorro

Banana_zorro

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
02-03-2013, 08:29 PM
RE: What's the craziest thing you have ever done is a religious environment..
Well this was at my home but still may relate. I once did the mormon "laying on of hands" thing to bless an ailing cat. Apparently my wife had overdone it with some flea medication and it was convulsing badly every time it tried to walk. I gave the cat a good scrubbing with soap & water and figured it would be fine but she insisted that it should be BLESSED! I told her that was silly and refused the task and she called my brother over to do the good deed. He rushed right over so, feeling a bit guilty by then I chipped in and helped administer the blessing. It still felt pretty goofy to me. The cat recovered quite well although I'm sure it was from just the bath.
02-03-2013, 09:01 PM
RE: The title of this thread is too damn long!
Getting baptized. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post