What's the craziest thing you have ever done is a religious environment eg. church?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2013, 09:07 PM
hat's the craziest thing you have ever done is a religious environment eg. church?
I walked around drinking a coffee, taking pictures and video while everyone else was doing the zombie thing where they sit or stand at various times in some choreographed mas...sive waste of time. Some nice windows and architecture at the Notre dame cathedral in Ottawa.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 09:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 11:03 PM by Bucky Ball.)
What's the craziest thing you have ever done is a religious environment eg. church?
Munched on consecrated bread, (does that make me a cannibal ?).
Played catch with a super-ball/bouncy ball, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Ball) with my brother from WAY up in the gallery of Cologne Cathedral, with him standing way down on top of the altar .. the ball bouncing all the way up and down the nave. The goal was to hit the tabernacle. I lost. Weeping It was after-hours and my dad was gabbing with some bishop about something, in the building next door.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
02-03-2013, 10:37 PM
RE: What's the craziest thing ...?
One time I blew when I was supposed to suck.

Ever the rebel!

I wanted to see if the priest inflated like my new football.

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-03-2013, 12:59 AM
Big Grin RE: What's the craziest thing ...?
(02-03-2013 10:37 PM)DLJ Wrote:  One time I blew when I was supposed to suck.

Ever the rebel!

Dodgy

psssst ...correct me if I'm wrong, in this one instance the verbs have the same meaning

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
03-03-2013, 01:08 AM
RE: What's the craziest thing ...?
(03-03-2013 12:59 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 10:37 PM)DLJ Wrote:  One time I blew when I was supposed to suck.

Ever the rebel!

Dodgy

psssst ...correct me if I'm wrong, in this one instance the verbs have the same meaning

yeah... a single entendre

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-03-2013, 01:54 AM
RE: What's the craziest thing .....
I have been told that once, when I was very young, my family had been taken to a religious event by my Nan (I think it was a baptism).

Once getting bored, whilest the church was still milling about getting all set up or something. I picked up a bible.

Subsequently, I screamed "It burns!" and threw the book on the ground.

Suffice it to say, I apparently caused quite the embarrassment to my Nan.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
03-03-2013, 01:59 AM
RE: What's the crazie is a religious environment eg. church?
I flat out refused to do a talk.. Each sunday school class was assigned a few Sundays in a row where each child would get the topic of the days "lessons" and have to go in front the church during sacrament... I told them I had some doubts about things and I didn't want to get in front of a group of people and proclaim a false testimony..in which they offered to write my speech for me..then sent the missionaries to my house, then the bishop.. they did not like getting told no by a 11 year old girl.. I ended up showing them about a dozen contradictions between the book of mormon and the bible to which they had no answer except that as a girl... this is good.. "I thought too much"

other than that.. I brought crossword puzzles and other games to church and played them during sacrament.. every sunday..

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 5 users Like k37713's post
03-03-2013, 09:25 AM
RE: What's the craziest thing you have ever done is a religious environment..
(02-03-2013 08:29 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  Well this was at my home but still may relate. I once did the mormon "laying on of hands" thing to bless an ailing cat. Apparently my wife had overdone it with some flea medication and it was convulsing badly every time it tried to walk. I gave the cat a good scrubbing with soap & water and figured it would be fine but she insisted that it should be BLESSED! I told her that was silly and refused the task and she called my brother over to do the good deed. He rushed right over so, feeling a bit guilty by then I chipped in and helped administer the blessing. It still felt pretty goofy to me. The cat recovered quite well although I'm sure it was from just the bath.

I bet the cat was loving it! Smile

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
03-03-2013, 10:29 AM
RE:
I really don't know that it gets much crazier than closing your eyes and talking to a man who isn't there. Undecided

Except maybe taking out a knife and offering up your firstborn to the man who isn't there; but I'd not been asked to indulge in that particular brand of crazy.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2013, 10:55 AM
RE:
(03-03-2013 10:29 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I really don't know that it gets much crazier than closing your eyes and talking to a man who isn't there. Undecided
This. Nothing I've ever done can really compare.

Though once when I was in girl scouts another girl and I went into the men's room of the church where meetings were held and smoked a joint instead of attending the scout meeting.

And then one time a roommate talked me into going to a Korean church (by telling me the food served afterward was good; she knew I wasn't Christian and that I don't know any Korean). I walked in the door, looked up, and said "I'm here!" and stood there like I was waiting for lightning to strike me. Alas, it didn't happen.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user