What's the dumbest thing you've done?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2016, 11:44 AM
RE: What's the dumbest thing you've done?
I married a gal for her looks.

Haven't seen the hex-wife in years.

Luckily for her.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2016, 04:32 PM
I didn't exercise or eat right during grad school.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
14-05-2016, 04:35 PM
(14-05-2016 04:32 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I didn't exercise or eat right during grad school.
I second that. I'm paying the price for that right now because it's hard to get into shape when you never gathered the knowledge and built up the habits that are necessary to live a healthy lifestyle.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
14-05-2016, 05:39 PM
(14-05-2016 04:35 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(14-05-2016 04:32 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I didn't exercise or eat right during grad school.
I second that. I'm paying the price for that right now because it's hard to get into shape when you never gathered the knowledge and built up the habits that are necessary to live a healthy lifestyle.

Ditto here. Diabetic education classes and dietician stuff for the healthy eating, in addition to a friend acting as a free trainer to get things started out.

Need to think of a witty signature.
14-05-2016, 07:07 PM
When I was new to Ireland I kept answering "good" to "hiya". Received many wtf-looks until I found out. Big Grin

For those here who are not familiar with Irish greetings. "Hiya" is a greeting but to me it sounded like a very quickly said "how are you".

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
14-05-2016, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2016 07:19 PM by Marozz.)
(14-05-2016 07:07 PM)Leela Wrote:  When I was new to Ireland I kept answering "good" to "hiya". Received many wtf-looks until I found out. Big Grin

For those here who are not familiar with Irish greetings. "Hiya" is a greeting but to me it sounded like a very quickly said "how are you".

You weren't far off! Next time say "Hiya" back then say "What's the craic?" Big Grin

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
14-05-2016, 10:39 PM
Either unprotected sex with a crackwhore or breaking-and-entering.
15-05-2016, 01:00 AM
Stealing a Stop Sign, not just the sign the entire thing.

Many other things that were incredibly stupid in hindsight, lets just say I understand the concept of addiction intimately.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
[+] 2 users Like Blackhand293's post
15-05-2016, 06:32 AM
Probably the time I got drunked up in a bar in Monte Rio California - left at closing - got lost, riding a rigid frame 71 Triumph without my prescription glasses (dunno where they went) --- and ran out of road and experience (literally) at the same time...

The road teed - and I kept going straight - over a ditch into a municipal park. The bike end over ended - and I flew off and slid on my face and chest through the grass - and hit a tree..............No helmet of course.

Didn't break anything - I doubt I was going all that fast.

I picked the bike up - and continued riding... Then I ran into some cops at an accident scene -- and asked for directions..... They noted my scraped up face --- quick thinking -- I told them I'd gotten my ass kicked...... I begged off, and said I just wanted to get home... They gave me directions back to Highway 1.......

I woke up the next day on the porch of a friends house -- with my sleeping bag (always carried one) stuck to the side of my face - from the scrapes I'd gotten.... My buddy's wife had to get a warm picture of water - to pour on my face to loosen it up.......

Ahhhhh alcohol.............

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-05-2016, 06:49 AM
had affairs two seperate times. well, they were married and i was single. is that still considered an affair on my side? anyways, their husbands were both very large men, so im lucky i didnt get caught.