What's the most dangerous thing you've ever done?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2014, 12:41 PM
What's the most dangerous thing you've ever done?
Being the quiet person that I am, danger in my life has been minimal. Probably being lifted by a dance partner is about as dangerous as it got for me. Yawn. I'm amazed at others who seem to seek out danger though.

How about you? And roller coasters don't count.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2014, 12:47 PM
RE: What's the most dangerous thing you've ever done?
I got married once. Does that count?

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 5 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
25-09-2014, 12:50 PM
When I was 12 a friend and I free climbed the side of a cliff. No ropes, no safety gear, no climbing equipment, no supervision. The whole rock face was this crumbling clay/slate material and I had a few times where huge chunks of it would crumble and fall when I grabbed it. Was not the brightest idea considering the 400 foot fall onto a busy road at the base that could have resulted.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
25-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Hang gliding

Para-sailing

SCUBA diving

Played ice hockey in high school, university, Junior A (U.S.)

Drove drunk

I might have taken some drugs Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-09-2014, 12:52 PM
(25-09-2014 12:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  When I was 12 a friend and I free climbed the side of a cliff. No ropes, no safety gear, no climbing equipment, no supervision. The whole rock face was this crumbling clay/slate material and I had a few times where huge chunks of it would crumble and fall when I grabbed it. Was not the brightest idea considering the 400 foot fall onto a busy road at the base that could have resulted.

OK, that beats my jumping off the tops of sand pit cliffs. But we did do it a lot.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-09-2014, 01:07 PM
I've sky dived a couple of times ... SO. FUCKING. FUN. The adrenaline rush is nearly nauseating but nothing came out of any of my orifices... which, I was told, is common. Shy

I don't think I would ever do it again at this point in my life... unless it was a necessity. I'm not planning to be pushed out of a plane anytime.
I did a lot of really great and stupid shit as a kid. Looking back, I'm actually kind of surprised I survived to get to adulthood.... Consider so I could take drugs and jump out of planes.

Adult stupid shit is different. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
25-09-2014, 01:10 PM
I was born. So far, so good but I figure it will kill me eventually.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
25-09-2014, 01:24 PM
SCUBA diving, Rugby in college, lots of motorcycle riding as a kid, worked a lot around heavy equipment, taken some drugs, drove drunk, worked under a 6000 ton lift, rode a zodiac in rough seas, you know the normal stuff.

here is a pic of me from 2003 on a job site.

[Image: file.php?id=9422]
25-09-2014, 01:24 PM
(25-09-2014 12:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  Drove drunk

Shocking

No

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
25-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Being Officer In Charge of a non compliant UN embargo search and seizure team and board ships that refuse to comply with UN embargo sanctions in the middle of the night by force, and fast rope down out of a helo or approach by RHIB boat at high speed from behind to board and take everyone down, ziptie, search the ship for contraband/intel and detain any wanted terrorists...

Did I mention I have acrophobia, severe fear of heights? I would hook up, cross my eyes, and force buckle my knees to drop out of the helo and fast rope down to the pitching deck of the ship below in the dead of the night.....that is how bad I wanted to be part of that team.

Three IA (Individual Augmentation)tours in Iraq was a bit tense, night OPS, building/village searches, vehicle check points, night marches, etc etc

yet you couldnt force me on a roller coaster with a gun to my head, while my 14 yo and 9 yo ride all the coasters at Busch Gardens like it is nothing lol....ah to be fearless.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post