What's the most dangerous thing you've ever done?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2014, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2014 04:28 PM by Grasshopper.)
RE: What's the most dangerous thing you've ever done?
Well, I'm basically a wimp, so I rarely if ever deliberately do anything that I know is dangerous. However, when I was younger and less conscious of my mortality, I did drive in altered states a few times (alcohol and/or marijuana), and I smoked cigarettes for 30 years or so.

As far as immediately dangerous things, I used to do moderate rock-climbing (always with ropes and protection) pretty regularly. One time I was climbing on McGregor Slab (a 700-foot dome just east of Rocky Mountain National Park) with a guide, and I was on a hanging belay a few hundred feet up, and I looked up and noticed that the carabiner I was clipped into was sort of half-open, with the rope sort of half-in and half-out of it. Fortunately, I was able to fix it before anything bad happened. And then a thunderstorm rolled in just before we topped out, and we had to hustle to get off the mountain before it hit (top of a mountain not a good place to be in a thunderstorm).

Nowadays, I do a lot of bicycling. I have been known to go down hills at 50+ mph on my bike, which could be sort of disastrous if you hit a pothole or a squirrel or something. After a bad accident a few years ago (collarbone broken in 2 places, ribs broken in 11 places, concussion -- and I was only going 20-25 mph on that one), I now limit my speed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2014, 04:41 PM
I plead the fifth.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
25-09-2014, 04:51 PM
I jumped out of a plane once.
Had a parachute.... But still ...... Jumped out of a perfectly decent airplane.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
25-09-2014, 04:56 PM
I fucked with a snapping turtle and went close to a timber rattlesnake.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
25-09-2014, 04:57 PM
(25-09-2014 04:56 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I fucked with a snapping turtle and went close to a timber rattlesnake.

Dude
Are humans able to fuck turtles?????

I might not recover from this one.
LMAO

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 4 users Like WitchSabrina's post
25-09-2014, 05:02 PM
Weeping I can't think of anything dangerous I have done.

I have killed some snakes before... poisonous ones... with a hoe... does that count?

I also sneaked out of the house at night and walked to a friend's up the road - hey it was dangerous! I could've gotten caught! Hobo

And, um.... jesus, such a goody Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
25-09-2014, 05:05 PM
(25-09-2014 04:57 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(25-09-2014 04:56 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I fucked with a snapping turtle and went close to a timber rattlesnake.

Dude
Are humans able to fuck turtles?????

I might not recover from this one.
LMAO

God damnit your misunderstanding of black people speak has ruined what I meant. Oh yeah another dangerous thing I did, walk in camden at night.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
25-09-2014, 05:10 PM
(25-09-2014 02:54 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(25-09-2014 02:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  How are some of you even alive?

There have been many conversations with my best girlfriends wondering that exact thing. The short answer- I don't know, luck? Coincidence? I dunno

Quote:but the rest of you........the rest of you should be fuckin' ashamed of yourselves. Beat_stick

Now go in the corner and think about some of the bad stuff you've done. Dodgy

Dodgy fuck off

Hey! I resent that. I had an ingrown toenail once from stubbing my toe on a table leg. It hurt. It hurt real bad. I had to take aspirin and everything. Weeping

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
25-09-2014, 05:11 PM
(25-09-2014 05:10 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(25-09-2014 02:54 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  There have been many conversations with my best girlfriends wondering that exact thing. The short answer- I don't know, luck? Coincidence? I dunno

Dodgy fuck off

Hey! I resent that. I had an ingrown toenail once from stubbing my toe on a table leg. It hurt. It hurt real bad. I had to take aspirin and everything. Weeping

Good lord, the horror. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-09-2014, 05:14 PM
I'd like to think I'm more cautious these days, but all sorts of stuff as a young lad. Mainly driving insanely...like going 110 mph in a 35 mph zone on a mountain road. Climbing things that would make some of the weaker-stomached vomit, though Rev has me beat on that one. I deployed to Afghanistan once. Oh! And I once used the 'facilities' at a Taco Bell!

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post