What's the problem with cussing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2012, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 10:05 PM by ClydeLee.)
RE: What's the problem with cussing?
(30-03-2012 09:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't continue to talk to someone in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable...I am not lowering myself to their level, I am meeting them halfway. You are lucky to only encounter people on your intellectual level that way no one must compromise or make any concessions, especially you.

I give, you win.
If you think I'm disagreeing fine. I'm trying to actually understand where you are coming from. I don't get why you repeat the talk like I have some attitude of only talking to people on the same intellectual level when I specifically said multiple times it isn't what I'm talking about.

I talk with people on all types of various levels in different low level overnight jobs from college campus's. I suppose since I've never had someone tell me their uncomfortable with how I talk to them, that I don't know how it would be to want to lower oneself.

To assert someone makes no comprise because they don't chose to speak differently sounds absurd. I've had people call me weird or different in these situations but it hasn't stalled plenty of further conversations with people I worked with. I have been told one time to my recollection that I come across as someone elite, but that was a person who eventually became my best friend. Far from perfect, but I don't enjoy people changing themselves for others.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2012, 10:06 PM
(30-03-2012 09:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I give, you win.

Wait ... what were we playing for again?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
30-03-2012, 10:12 PM
(30-03-2012 10:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Goddamn it, how the FUCK should I know?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-03-2012, 10:13 PM
(30-03-2012 10:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Who fucking knows? Laughat

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
30-03-2012, 10:20 PM
If it's marbles I'll claim my marbles and let the discussion of that point die..

Yet I would like to add, no kicks in the marbles please! Angry
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
31-03-2012, 08:54 AM
(30-03-2012 03:42 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 03:33 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  You do not see my point, though perhaps I should have rephrased the questions. For what reasons do you not run around in public naked or insult people regularly?
Well you see, running around in public will get you arrested. Another reason would be because Sunlight on the skin is how the body produces Vitamin D. An excessive amount of vitamin D can be toxic.
Toxicities include:
Kidney stones, Irreversible kidney damage, Muscle and bone weakness, Excessive bleeding, Loss of appetite, Headache, Excessive thirst, Calcification of soft tissues (blood vessels, kidneys, heart, lungs), Death.
Now these are just some of the medical reasons for not running around naked (sorry I'm a nursing student). As for insulting, I could go into funny medical reasons for not doing this but I'm sure you know where i'm going with this. Again I'm probably not getting your point. I was asking for logical reasons, maybe I should have worded it a little differently in the original post. Smile
My point is logical. I will tell you why you don't run around naked. Because society teaches you not to. Society has standards, break them and you pay for it. Cursing is slowly becoming more and more accepted within society, whether or not One Million Moms likes it or not, so you don't have much to worry about.

Societah! Sociology is so fun to take.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
31-03-2012, 11:10 AM
(31-03-2012 08:54 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 03:42 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  Well you see, running around in public will get you arrested. Another reason would be because Sunlight on the skin is how the body produces Vitamin D. An excessive amount of vitamin D can be toxic.
Toxicities include:
Kidney stones, Irreversible kidney damage, Muscle and bone weakness, Excessive bleeding, Loss of appetite, Headache, Excessive thirst, Calcification of soft tissues (blood vessels, kidneys, heart, lungs), Death.
Now these are just some of the medical reasons for not running around naked (sorry I'm a nursing student). As for insulting, I could go into funny medical reasons for not doing this but I'm sure you know where i'm going with this. Again I'm probably not getting your point. I was asking for logical reasons, maybe I should have worded it a little differently in the original post. Smile
My point is logical. I will tell you why you don't run around naked. Because society teaches you not to. Society has standards, break them and you pay for it. Cursing is slowly becoming more and more accepted within society, whether or not One Million Moms likes it or not, so you don't have much to worry about.

Ah well you see, that isn't really a logical reason, most of American society teaches us to believe in an imaginary being and worship this thing. I'm sure you may agree what they teach isn't very logical. The real reason a rule/law was made against nakedness in public was simply illogical biased reasons and not for the true medical reasons. It is a very odd thing with the whole nakedness issue. We can see other animals having a great time on the side of the road, but low and behold you see a man's penis it's all over with! Quite an illogical reaction based on "anal" American values.

While living in Germany for 3 years I truly learned how mentally warped or "Bass ackwards" our American minds really were. I'll give you example of how badly we over-protect our kids/teens. When I went into the Army I was completely clueless of the world around me. While bullshittin in the barracks with the guys. Someone mentioned I was anal. I had never heard the word anal before. I was quite embarrassed I didn't know such a word. This was in 1994. Now how pathetic was that. There is more logical reasons to expose ourselves to more illogical taboos than not.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-03-2012, 12:18 PM
(31-03-2012 11:10 AM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  
(31-03-2012 08:54 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  My point is logical. I will tell you why you don't run around naked. Because society teaches you not to. Society has standards, break them and you pay for it. Cursing is slowly becoming more and more accepted within society, whether or not One Million Moms likes it or not, so you don't have much to worry about.

Ah well you see, that isn't really a logical reason, most of American society teaches us to believe in an imaginary being and worship this thing. I'm sure you may agree what they teach isn't very logical. The real reason a rule/law was made against nakedness in public was simply illogical biased reasons and not for the true medical reasons. It is a very odd thing with the whole nakedness issue. We can see other animals having a great time on the side of the road, but low and behold you see a man's penis it's all over with! Quite an illogical reaction based on "anal" American values.

While living in Germany for 3 years I truly learned how mentally warped or "Bass ackwards" our American minds really were. I'll give you example of how badly we over-protect our kids/teens. When I went into the Army I was completely clueless of the world around me. While bullshittin in the barracks with the guys. Someone mentioned I was anal. I had never heard the word anal before. I was quite embarrassed I didn't know such a word. This was in 1994. Now how pathetic was that. There is more logical reasons to expose ourselves to more illogical taboos than not.
Yes, but you notice that America's society is slowly changing. The U.S's atheism rates are climbing. The American schools that I have gone to, despite kids lying about their religion to simply hold on to their family, have enormous atheism rates. I have asked hundreds of kids, and there are far more "religion is stupid" mentalities than any other beliefs.

But, I digress, despite there being stupid things about society, there are also priceless benefits. The illegality of killing, stealing, and the like are great. Of course, in everything there are stupid aspects, for no system is perfect. Not even the universe's.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
31-03-2012, 01:08 PM
The reason it's a problem is it's verbal bullying.

Take the following two statements:
"I have to disagree with your opinion."
"Your opinion is fucking bullshit."

People use the second phrase when they are not able to truly defend their position. I once worked with a guy who I measured the level of his mistruths by the frequency of his use of the word "Fuck". When he was really defensive it was every third word and he was always lying.

So it is bad form because it shows the weakness of your ability to defend your positions.

Other than that, Fuck it! I don't give a shit.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
01-04-2012, 09:45 AM
(31-03-2012 01:08 PM)Thomas Wrote:  The reason it's a problem is it's verbal bullying.

Take the following two statements:
"I have to disagree with your opinion."
"Your opinion is fucking bullshit."
So it is bad form because it shows the weakness of your ability to defend your positions.

That's not a proper use of swearing, Thomas, it's just a blatant ad hominem. A more appropriate use (to me at least), is "The promise of a postmortem preservation of identity is completely indefensible, untenable bullshit." The addition of "bullshit" indicates to others the strength of my conviction so unless you have some new arguments which I haven't previously considered, don't bother trying to engage me on it. That's also what I lead off with whenever someone tries to proselytize to me. Usually, but not always, the dialog ends there and neither one of us wasted much time.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post