What's up Sodomites?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2016, 08:48 AM
RE: What's up Sodomites?
(10-08-2016 08:46 PM)Grimm Wrote:  Welcome. At first I thought maybe it was a crazy drive by preaching lol

Do you like the Drunken Peasants as well?

I listen to them sometimes, and I watch a lot of TJ's (Amazing Atheist) videos. He's rough around the edges but he generally entertains me at least.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
11-08-2016, 10:11 AM
(11-08-2016 08:48 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 08:46 PM)Grimm Wrote:  Welcome. At first I thought maybe it was a crazy drive by preaching lol

Do you like the Drunken Peasants as well?

I listen to them sometimes, and I watch a lot of TJ's (Amazing Atheist) videos. He's rough around the edges but he generally entertains me at least.

I do love hearing TJ and the gang go off on stupid people such as G man, the Vigilant Christian, Steve Shives, VenomFangX, etc.
11-08-2016, 11:15 AM
(11-08-2016 10:11 AM)Grimm Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 08:48 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  I listen to them sometimes, and I watch a lot of TJ's (Amazing Atheist) videos. He's rough around the edges but he generally entertains me at least.

I do love hearing TJ and the gang go off on stupid people such as G man, the Vigilant Christian, Steve Shives, VenomFangX, etc.

Lol, Gman. The thing about Gman is as dumb as I think his beliefs and arguments are, he seems like a genuinely nice guy so I actually pretty much like him otherwise.

VenomFangX seems like a genuine douche. And Shives.....smh. I still like Shives' An Atheist Reads series but otherwise I have no use for him.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
11-08-2016, 11:15 AM
Great thread title!

You'll fit right in. Lots of recovering fundamentalists, here, myself included (Southern Baptist).

So, welcome! Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
11-08-2016, 11:28 AM
(11-08-2016 08:46 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Eish. Church of Christ. Aren't you glad to be free from that bullshit?

When I was in high school I dated several different CoC boys (ha - one of my AIM screen names was CoCMafia). I taught one of them how to dance - the horrors!!!

I went to church with another one of them on a Wednesday night once - this was the most "liberal" CoC in town - they had a gym with a kitchen, so all the other CoCs considered them heathens going to hell just like the Southern Baptists and United Methodists. Anyway, he got mad at me because I started laughing when the song director took out a tuning pipe. 'Cause musical instruments with Christian music is sinful... Such a fucked, oppressive religion.

One of my high school CoC best friends told me I was going to hell. She had to wear a head covering and was not allowed to speak in church, unless up at the front to confess sins publicly to the entire congregation. Her parents caught her with weed - she got sent to the bible school and lost any and all ability to think for herself from that point forward. Needless to say, we're not friends anymore.

I'm in a similar situation with my family. You're not alone. It's difficult to lie to my family and keep up a charade, but I love them, would cause them incredible pain and heartbreak in the best scenario, and lose them in the worst. It gets easier. It's a bit like the stages of grief going through deconversion. I don't get my feathers ruffled too easily anymore, most of the hurt and anger has worn off (it's taken me two years to reach this point$. I use this place to vent - especially when I first lost my faith and my world was turned upside down. The pics for a laugh at religion thread - that helps with the anger and frustration. Especially coming from such a conservative religion where blasphemy is sooooo taboo. It was incredibly shocking to me initially and it was so very helpful.

The people here are great. I've made some wonderful friends that I talk to outside of this forum on a regular basis. When you find yourself having to hide so much, it's imperative to have an outlet and a support system. I found that here. Maybe take some time and read through the Recovering from Religion section.

Anyway, Welcome! Smile

Ha, I wish I were totally free from it. The funny thing is part of me thinks that my family deep down believes at the least that I'm not "all in" on the church stuff. Even when I was part of the herd and going to church, I never really liked the actual church part. I never got involved that much in the services. I HATED singing. And it's not because I hate music, I've just always hated any kind of Christian music, from hymns to the absolutely awful Christian music scene. Out of the hundreds of hymns I sat through all my life only a small handful would I even consider ok. The rest are just cheesy, brainwashing garbage that aren't even very good songs period, much less the subject matter. And the sermons....it's like Bill Burr says, we're just churning over the same shit, so why do I have to keep coming back? And that isn't when the sermons are all about how terrible you are because God gave you so much and you don't give 100%, so every waking minute you should be thanking God for him allowing you to do everything you can do.

It's funny, nobody in their right mind would ever respect a person who acted like God does according to his "holy word". They'd say he is a narcissistic, petty, jealous asshole who always wants all the attention and credit but none of the blame.
[+] 4 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
11-08-2016, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2016 12:21 PM by The Dark One.)
Quote:it's like Bill Burr says, we're just churning over the same shit, so why do I have to keep coming back?

Very true- I used to tell people church was like going to a book club meeting every week for the rest of your life, and only reading and discussing one book.

Who would do that if you didn't threaten them with eternal fire??

You know, it just hit me...the Church must have known it's message was weak and easily dissected and disregarded from the very first. Why would a true message of peace and love and everlasting life in nirvana (the place, not the untalented grunge band) need such a powerful threat as eternal damnation and roasting in hellfire to get people to listen? Hmm...funny I've never considered that before. Must be all the drugs I did back in the 60's.
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
11-08-2016, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the internet version of Sodom and Gamorrah where people only care for your sanity and not your profanity.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
11-08-2016, 02:11 PM
(11-08-2016 01:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Welcome to the internet version of Sodom and Gamorrah where people only care for your sanity and not your profanity.

Well that all depends, eh?

Profanity can be used well... or poorly.

Well-delivered profanity is a thing of beauty, but there's not much worse than poorly-employed profanity. I will judge you for that!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
11-08-2016, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2016 04:17 PM by The Dark One.)
Quote:Well-delivered profanity is a thing of beauty, but there's not much worse than poorly-employed profanity. I will judge you for that!

Ok, I really need a guideline here...so tell me, beauty or profane garbage?

You miserable longeared slack assed motherfucker with a cunt for a mouth, if only you could suck my ass while licking my balls then you would be considered to be half fucking human, but then again you are only the biggest cock sucker in the world with shit for brains and your fat ass is so open from being corned holed that you cannot even see your nose that is so far up the bosses ass that you need to be ejected before he takes a shit you lying no good cheating bastard with shit for brains take a long flying fuck off your ugly bitches pockmarked face while you suck eggs through a straw.

This beauty is not my own, but the product of an online competition.
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
11-08-2016, 04:32 PM
(11-08-2016 08:46 AM)Nurse Wrote:  When I was in high school I dated several different CoC boys.

Too much information!!!! Ohmy

And welcome CoC boy.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post