What's up with Ohio?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2011, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 02:51 PM by GirlyMan.)
What's up with Ohio?
So me and my colleagues were driving through Tylersville, OH on the way to Dayton Airport coming back from a meeting and churches were fucking everywhere. I saw 3 churches on the same block and 2 of them were Methodist. Huh The following conversation ensued.

Me: What's up with all these churches?
Driver: What else you gonna do out here?
Colleague 1: Drink.
Colleague 2: Screw.
Me: That's it! Drink, screw, and repent!

Ohioans are some serious fucking sinners. Gives Buckeyes an entirely different connotation.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-12-2011, 02:41 PM
RE: What's up with Ohio?
Now you know why I frequent this board. Every other building is a church. If you drive through a small town, you'll see about 3 churches and no schools. Probably 1/3 of the radio stations are religious stations.

Which is why I've hid myself away on campus.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
08-12-2011, 03:09 PM
It's a goal of mine to visin Xenia, OH before I die.

[Image: gummo.gif]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
08-12-2011, 04:11 PM

Some questions have no answer. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
08-12-2011, 06:21 PM
I've lived in various parts of the "Greater Cincinnati Area," which includes Cincinnati, Kentucky, and Indian, and I haven't really noticed an overabundance of churches before. It might have just been the area you were traveling through. The place with the most churches I have ever seen on one street was Washington, D.C. There were numerous churches, synagogues, Buddhist temples, Jain temples, and Hindu Temples.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2011, 06:57 PM
(08-12-2011 06:21 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  It might have just been the area you were traveling through.

Tylersville, OH.

(08-12-2011 06:21 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  The place with the most churches I have ever seen on one street was Washington, D.C. There were numerous churches, synagogues, Buddhist temples, Jain temples, and Hindu Temples.

Ever seen two of the same faith in the same block?

09-12-2011, 04:32 AM
SIR! Are you implying that the churches are multiplying faster than starbucks!?.........my god....we're all doomed.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 3 users Like Hamata k's post
09-12-2011, 05:02 AM
(09-12-2011 04:32 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  SIR! Are you implying that the churches are multiplying faster than starbucks!?.........my god....we're all doomed.

Here's your Grande. Would you like some eternal damnation with that?
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
09-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Kent State University in Ohio is were four university students were shot during an anti-war protest by the Ohio National Guard.

The Kent State shootings—also known as the May 4 massacre or the Kent State massacr occurred at Kent State University in the city of Kent, Ohio, and involved the shooting of unarmed college students by members of the Ohio National Guard on Monday, May 4, 1970. The guardsmen fired 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four students and wounding nine others, one of whom suffered permanent paralysis.

Some of the students who were shot had been protesting against the American invasion of Cambodia, which President Richard Nixon announced in a television address on April 30. Other students who were shot had been walking nearby or observing the protest from a distance.

Inspiring this song by Neil Young - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J70XLwE0ags

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
09-12-2011, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2011 05:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-12-2011 03:55 PM)No J. Wrote:  Inspiring this song by Neil Young - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J70XLwE0ags

Come on people, embed the damn videos. ... goddammit ... The sound quality on this one is very good No J. Thanks.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post