What's up with mozzy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2017, 05:46 PM
What's up with mozzy?
Why the fuck is mozzarella the best cheese when like all melted and gooey and hot and shit, but have it normal by itself just in block or shredded form and it's fucking foul. What's up with that?

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
20-08-2017, 05:49 PM
RE: What's up with mozzy?
(20-08-2017 05:46 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why the fuck is mozzarella the best cheese when like all melted and gooey and hot and shit, but have it normal by itself just in block or shredded form and it's fucking foul. What's up with that?

Jesus Christ muffs! Mozzy if part of my husband's email address...I read the title and thought...now how in the fuck does muffs know my husband?

Anyway...mozzarella is great when cooked...not a big fan of it cold though.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
20-08-2017, 05:58 PM
It's good cold if it's left to sit in good quality olive oil.

That being said, there's a scientifical culinarious reason why most foods taste better when heated. I can look it up for you if you're honestly curious.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
20-08-2017, 06:16 PM
(20-08-2017 05:58 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  It's good cold if it's left to sit in good quality olive oil.

That being said, there's a scientifical culinarious reason why most foods taste better when heated. I can look it up for you if you're honestly curious.

Soft mozzarella has different taste than the harder varieties. I love the ones made from buffalo milk. That shit is awesome.

Cold with some good olive oil, garlic, basil and tomato...YUM...

The flavor becomes more subtle when it's heated, so it blends well with anything it's pared with (but again with the fresher, softer versions it can become almost non-existent flavor wise, and after being melted becomes rather thick, almost like a curd).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-08-2017, 06:20 PM
To me, it's relatively flavorless when cold.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
20-08-2017, 06:36 PM
I love string cheese as a quick snack. I never peel strings, just chomp on the motherfucker.

Pretty sure the only reason for shredded mozzy is to put on shit you're going to cook.

Never tried it in block form. Dunno what to tell you there.

Anybody tried Port Salut? I like to get a small block of it and some tasty crackers, maybe some grapes if I'm feeling all hoity toity, and I'll have an evening out of that stuff.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
20-08-2017, 07:02 PM
(20-08-2017 06:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Soft mozzarella has different taste than the harder varieties. I love the ones made from buffalo milk. That shit is awesome.
I've never had Buffalo cheese. I'll have to look. I do prefer goat and sheep cheeses. I had a Dutch goat gouda that was fantastic.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
23-08-2017, 10:30 PM
Since I am supposedly on a diet, I eat a lot of salads now. So I also eat a lot of blue cheese. Opposite of Mozzarella, lots of flavor when cold. Blue cheese for salads, mozzarella for pizza, cheddar on a baked potato. The right cheese for the right job.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
23-08-2017, 10:56 PM
Quote:The right cheese for the right job.

Words to live by.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-08-2017, 05:05 PM
(20-08-2017 06:36 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  ... Anybody tried Port Salut ...

Port Salut is terrific. Hard to find, though, even here in one of the world's richest culinary cornucopias (SFO CA). Even specialty grocery stores don't always have it. You'll probably say you can pick it up at the corner 7-11 where you are. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post