What's up with the Amish?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2014, 09:08 AM
RE: What's up with the Amish?
(03-09-2014 05:52 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Mennonites are more or less a community of degenerates who cannot wrap their mind around anything made after 1870.

There are a lot of Mennonites around here in the Portland OR area. They own quite a bit of land and have several construction companies from which they make loads of money. I see the women in fabric stores all the time buying fabric to make their silly flower print dresses and white caps. They look oddly boring and totally uninteresting. You'd have to point a gun to my head to strike up a conversation with one of them.

Haha. I just remembered that when I was in college this Mennonite guy wanted to go out on a date with me. I almost threw up, and I mean that literally, but I made up an excuse and ran the other way. What the hell was he thinking, he knew I was a ungodly theatre student. My stomach was churning for days afterwards. He's was probably thinking I was a whore and that he could get a little sexual experience before he had to get married.

Note: We need a better throw up icon but I'll use the only thing there is. I want one that shows more throw up......pleeeease!

Rainbow Vomit

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2014, 08:21 PM
What I want to know is why just the beard without a mustache? Where the fuck that come from?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-09-2014, 08:28 PM
(04-09-2014 08:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What I want to know is why just the beard without a mustache? Where the fuck that come from?

Their religion strictly prohibits mustache rides, so they're not allowed. Blink
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
05-09-2014, 06:25 AM
(04-09-2014 08:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What I want to know is why just the beard without a mustache? Where the fuck that come from?

They're pacifists, and it's a military thing. Back in the 1800's, officers (and soldiers?) frequently wore mustaches. Similarly, this is why they wear hooks instead of buttons. The uniforms were decorated in buttons.

Their fashion standards could probably now be modified to that you must have facial hair, no crew cuts or shaved heads, and no camouflage clothing. Tongue