What's with all of these believers?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2013, 09:00 AM
RE: What's with all of these believers?
You're actually supporting making my thought, Anjele. (Not trying to argue).
If you're not going to get ambushed by a cranky theist while watching a video or listening to a podcast, you're in a safe haven.

Anyway, I guess it's up to Seth to say what he was thinking.

As for me, I'm feeling pretty safe here. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2013, 09:04 AM
I'm glad you feel safe here, that's a good thing.
I'm out on this topic. Was just reflecting on what was said.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-03-2013, 09:24 AM
(15-03-2013 08:49 AM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  Anjele, maybe in calling this place a "safe haven," Seth was thinking of the site as a whole and not the forum.

KC, I'm sure your heart is in the right place as a mod or you wouldn't be here. You intrigue me, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

For what it's worth, my problem was never with "mean Christians." It was with "mean Christianity," which is to say, the more Christianity held to its Biblical roots, the meaner it is. The more it strays from its Biblical roots, the less defensible (apologetically speaking) it is. It's a Catch-22, from "your" standpoint. Embrace the Bible, and I "attack" the Bible. Reject the Bible, and why bother being a Christian?

Etc. I'm sure I'm not the first person to reply to you in this way. Appreciate your forthrightness and candor, always.
I appreciate that.

I'm back to answering questions in my thread so take a look if you get a chance.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
15-03-2013, 11:57 AM
(15-03-2013 07:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Hughsie,
I was just stating my surprise that Seth mentioned TTA being a safe haven for new Atheists because I don't get that vibe here. It made me wonder how much of that vision was passed on to the powers that be.
It is not a criticism, it was a comment on something Seth said to Matt Dillahunty, an observation, if you will.
And KC...You do a fine job though you are often outnumbered.

I know you weren't criticising in any way.

I was just filling any newbies in on the history of the forum. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
15-03-2013, 12:44 PM
(15-03-2013 09:24 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm back to answering questions in my thread so take a look if you get a chance.

Ah shit... I know I'm gonna be a pain in the ass suggesting this to you this Kingsy... but would it be possible for you to create a 2.0 thread? It's just that this thread is so freaking long... it's kind of boring to look through it.

You could start it with a brief statement concerning who you are and your theological view. Then a list of what's already been discussed; maybe like a contents list linking to the previous line of questioning in the first thread. In the long run, that might save you and others some time if they could just have that quick reference for their quesstion... then, if that doesn't quite do it for them, they can posit their new query in 2.0.

Does that sound like too much work? Undecided

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
15-03-2013, 12:54 PM
(15-03-2013 12:44 PM)kim Wrote:  Ah shit... I know I'm gonna be a pain in the ass suggesting this to you this Kingsy... but would it be possible for you to create a 2.0 thread? It's just that this thread is so freaking long... it's kind of boring to look through it.

You could start it with a brief statement concerning who you are and your theological view. Then a list of what's already been discussed; maybe like a contents list linking to the previous line of questioning in the first thread. In the long run, that might save you and others some time if they could just have that quick reference for their quesstion... then, if that doesn't quite do it for them, they can posit their new query in 2.0.

How about a commentary thread that lists all the regularly asked questions along with their answers? One that only KC can post in so it doesn't become a total cluster-fuck.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
15-03-2013, 01:05 PM
(15-03-2013 12:54 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 12:44 PM)kim Wrote:  Ah shit... I know I'm gonna be a pain in the ass suggesting this to you this Kingsy... but would it be possible for you to create a 2.0 thread? It's just that this thread is so freaking long... it's kind of boring to look through it.

How about a commentary thread that lists all the regularly asked questions along with their answers? One that only KC can post in so it doesn't become a total cluster-fuck.

Interesting... Consider any thoughts yet, Kingsy?

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
15-03-2013, 01:15 PM
Hmmm, sounds like a good plan.

It will take some time, though.

But, I'll get something together.

In the meantime, I'll just stick with the first one.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
15-03-2013, 01:26 PM
You could always continue to update the references if you run across one in the first thread that better addresses the topic - or even incclude several referrences under the general topic and list them as details or something like that.

It could take a bit to set up, but as I said, it might save you time in the long run. Thumbsup

15-03-2013, 01:30 PM
(15-03-2013 01:26 PM)kim Wrote:  You could always continue to update the references if you run across one in the first thread that better addresses the topic - or even incclude several referrences under the general topic and list them as details or something like that.

It could take a bit to set up, but as I said, it might save you time in the long run. Thumbsup

I already summarized it in the thread. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user