What's with all the US Presidential Candidates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2015, 08:39 AM
So far we are up to 12 republican candidates already and the election isn't even until next year, from what i've read/seen on those 12 candidates they all quite frankly scare the shit out of me, either with their policies, fundie religious views, and global warming denial in all but I think 1 or 2 of those candidates.

On the Democrat side we have a more reasonable 4 candidates, and other than Hillary aren't getting much media coverage compared to the republicans. Out of those candidates I like Bernie Sanders the best, his policies and what he is wanting to do fit closely with what I would like to see.

Any thoughts on why we are seeing so many come out of the woodwork so to speak?

I don't remember any previous elections where so many candidates came up so early.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2015, 08:46 AM
RE: What's with all the US Presidential Candidates?
There's always a boatload of bozos until New Hampshire. Undecided

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-06-2015, 08:46 AM
They're going to need a bigger clown car. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
17-06-2015, 09:22 AM
Shotgun approach.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
17-06-2015, 09:31 AM
[Image: bernie500.jpg]

[Image: 1907698_676590719087799_2699998671229253374_n.jpg]

[Image: Bernieclass-full.jpg]

[Image: 1374981_10151922747207908_168873086_n.png]

[Image: BernieSanders-infrastructure.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
17-06-2015, 09:33 AM
Zaphod Beeblebrox for president (of the galaxy)!!

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
17-06-2015, 10:41 AM
I'm looking at all the candidates and so far it feels like I'm given the option of dog shit versus cat shit.
17-06-2015, 10:44 AM
(17-06-2015 10:41 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  I'm looking at all the candidates and so far it feels like I'm given the option of dog shit versus cat shit.

For the most part yes, Bernie sanders has grabbed my attention, as he seems to be the non shit option

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
17-06-2015, 11:56 AM
(17-06-2015 09:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: bernie500.jpg]

[Image: 1907698_676590719087799_2699998671229253374_n.jpg]

[Image: Bernieclass-full.jpg]

[Image: 1374981_10151922747207908_168873086_n.png]

[Image: BernieSanders-infrastructure.png]

No you got it all wrong.. he's just a joke who we find so cute to think he has an election campaign. Oh well see you later.

The media cycle and power is the sad truth here. It really does reflect everything wrong with the impact of coverage and money power. Bernie has already essentially been written off as a no hope candidate. It's the major problem even for young disenfranchised people who would be weary but actually like Bernie Sanders when their media tops like John Stewart laugh and say, oh don't think about Bernie, he's just a laugh who has no chance against Hilary. Well you're influencing thousands of minds to think, oh he has no chance so I have no reason to think about him. It just ends the race before it starts.

Instead they and most other media coverage focuses on the Republican lineup and just like in the ramp up to 2008 or 2012, they all get a 15 minutes of fame moment of high press until everyone sees how insanely unfitting they are. Sadly it seems though that case isn't going to happen all across to quality options though. This cycle is the same as it was in 2012 with tons of Candidates raising up then fizzling. Some were dropping based on the early straw polls like Pawlenty.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
17-06-2015, 12:13 PM
The voters are becoming more and more divided between two equally irrational extremes, and exemplifying one of those extremes is the only way to get the votes. This is the fault of the average voting citizen as much as it is the fault of the greedy minority or the politicians.. At least as far as being irrational can be defined as one's fault, which it arguably isn't.

Oh well, it is what it is. Just here to enjoy the ride.

'Murican Canadian