What's with all the creepy clowns?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2016, 05:28 PM
RE: What's with all the creepy clowns?
(18-10-2016 05:15 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  When did being a clown become illegal? The people afraid of this must have the emotional maturity of a three year-old. It says something frightening about the mindset of this country. Instead of asking the clowns what it's all about, we're trying to legislate the clowns out of existence.

... why?:

Quote:By definition, an irrational fear of clowns is known as coulrophobia, with the prefix "coulro" coming from the ancient Greek word for "one who goes on stilts." Symptoms of coulrophobia can include sweating, nausea, feelings of dread, fast heartbeat, crying or screaming, and anger at being placed in a situation where a clown is present.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2016, 05:36 PM
Think it has something to do with the 30th anniversary and upcoming remake of "It".

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-10-2016, 05:38 PM
(18-10-2016 05:15 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  When did being a clown become illegal?

Is it bad that I read that as "When did killing a clown become illegal?" and my first thought was "no shit..."?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
18-10-2016, 05:43 PM
I was listening to a podcast last night of a radio show out of Charlotte when they relayed a story that Ronald McDonald is going to have his public outings curtailed some until this whole clown craziness calms down.

I am guessing a clown is either going to be a really popular costume this Halloween or there won't be any.

My faith in humanity continues to dwindle. I must figure out how to never leave my house. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-10-2016, 05:55 PM
(18-10-2016 05:38 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 05:15 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  When did being a clown become illegal?

Is it bad that I read that as "When did killing a clown become illegal?" and my first thought was "no shit..."?

Kind of. That's a real person under there. They might even sell you some cereal.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
18-10-2016, 06:04 PM
(18-10-2016 05:55 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 05:38 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Is it bad that I read that as "When did killing a clown become illegal?" and my first thought was "no shit..."?

Kind of. That's a real person under there. They might even sell you some cereal.

Not according to this documentary about them...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
18-10-2016, 06:11 PM
Sounds hilarious lol. I might just join in.
18-10-2016, 06:28 PM
I think I'm the only one that actually likes clowns. I can appreciate both their funny and scary qualities.
18-10-2016, 06:32 PM
I've notice it seems to be getting a lot of recognition in the UK. More so by my British friends than American one anyway! It's even began gaining popularity in England a few clowns been spotted. Most are just teenagers/young men trying to be funny. They'll probably have friends waiting in a house nearby watching them out of the window etc.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
20-10-2016, 03:31 AM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.