What's with creationist trying to flip the burden of proof

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2011, 10:17 AM

What's with creationist trying to flip the burden of proof
I mean, I don't understand why Christian creationism think that creationism proves anything consider that Christianity isn't the only religion with a story of how everything was created by some deity or deities? I mean, what makes there story of how everything was created more truer than any story of how everything was created by any other religions that has one?Undecided That's like a detective making an assertive claim that one out of the many suspects are guilty of the crime that the detective is investigating when all the suspects are equally suspicious.Hence,It would be highly hypocritical to do so because they could be wrong. I think this is why creationism should just accept there burden of proof and stop trying to twist it considering that they believe in one story of how everything is created excluding the others stories without proving the others wrong by proving the existence of God which is highly hypocritical.
Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2011, 10:30 AM
RE: What's with creationist trying to flip the burden of proof
Welcome to the club, pal... We have free rogain pills for all of the hair pulling you will do.

Perhaps they shift the burden of proof because for many years, god was the norm, so to them we are making the statement by saying 'no'.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2011, 10:38 AM

(28-07-2011 10:30 AM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  Welcome to the club, pal... We have free rogain pills for all of the hair pulling you will do.

Perhaps they shift the burden of proof because for many years, god was the norm, so to them we are making the statement by saying 'no'.

Agreed
28-07-2011, 10:43 AM
The only difference I would add is to your detective analogy. Instead of picking a suspect who is equally suspicious, creationists pick their favorite irregardless of the overwhelming evidence of another suspect. The creationist detective is about as observant as Inspector Gadget or Mr. Magoo!

Evolve
28-07-2011, 10:56 AM

(28-07-2011 10:43 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The only difference I would add is to your detective analogy. Instead of picking a suspect who is equally suspicious, creationists pick their favorite irregardless of the overwhelming evidence of another suspect. The creationist detective is about as observant as Inspector Gadget or Mr. Magoo!

It's called willful ignorance.I can't take it.
29-07-2011, 06:18 PM
(28-07-2011 10:56 AM)digitali Wrote:  
(28-07-2011 10:43 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The only difference I would add is to your detective analogy. Instead of picking a suspect who is equally suspicious, creationists pick their favorite irregardless of the overwhelming evidence of another suspect. The creationist detective is about as observant as Inspector Gadget or Mr. Magoo!

It's called willful ignorance.I can't take it.

Nobody can - it's a cardinal sin of intellectual rational thought.
Sadly they stick to their guns , and shift the blame because the feel that a skeptic has to disprove something they already believe rather than accepting that their ideas have to be proven before others accept them.
You'll encounter this a lot with religious fundamentalists (and conspiracy nuts/pseudoscience buffs and many others - sorry)

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
31-07-2011, 07:17 PM
(28-07-2011 10:17 AM)digitali Wrote:  I mean, I don't understand why Christian creationism think that creationism proves anything consider that Christianity isn't the only religion with a story of how everything was created by some deity or deities? I mean, what makes there story of how everything was created more truer than any story of how everything was created by any other religions that has one?:...

Someone at a history forum I frequent started a thread asking for the very small handful of creationists there for proof of creation. Another member made a point similar to what you have written. They cited Japan as an example of the many cultures with creation myths. Then the creationists demanded evidence for the Japanese creation myth--something they failed to produce for their own beliefs (other than the bible).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user