What's with this "am I being detained" crap?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2017, 05:42 AM
RE: What's with this "am I being detained" crap?
I went through one of those checkpoints ages ago. I politely gave up a bag of tangerines. To this day the oppression still haunts me. If you ask me those Nazi cunts are the REAL invasive species. Actually, I just bought another bag of tangerines in California and later went to the library and read some stuff about invasive species. Turns out it's a very serious ecological concern. Now, quite some years later I consider environmental degradation far more concerning than the tiny sacrifices I've been asked to make to prevent it.

I also think filming people and putting them on YouTube against their will, especially when they're just good hearted folks doing a job that actually makes the world a better place, is far more Orwellian than this minor compromise of the 4th Amendment. Using the internet for public shaming is actually the greatest threat to our personal space going. Nobody likes to be filmed like that and people know damn well that they're invading a person's psychological space. It's ironic that people use the 1st Amendment to punish others in a way that if the government did it should raise constitutional concerns about the sanctity of the 4th Amendment. If we have to constantly live as though we're being filmed and broadcasted to the entire planet it's still a form of oppression even if it's some dick with a phone and not the government.

So really, fuck this guy and his modern day Scarlet Letter bullshit he's pretending is some kind of protest against "fruit Nazis".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
14-05-2017, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2017 06:28 AM by Chas.)
Oops, dup.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-05-2017, 06:25 AM
(13-05-2017 06:54 PM)cactus Wrote:  Like... who even does this? and why? Huh
Their reactions toward the police are obnoxious as fuck

Now this guy on the other hand, this guy knows what's up. Thumbsup

It is the checkpoint that is obnoxious as fuck. Drinking Beverage

Internal checkpoints? This type of thing smacks of a totalitarian regime.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-05-2017, 06:26 AM
Fruit flies are obnoxious as fuck. Have you ever tried to get rid of those things?
14-05-2017, 09:50 AM
(14-05-2017 05:42 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I also think filming people and putting them on YouTube against their will, especially when they're just good hearted folks doing a job that actually makes the world a better place, is far more Orwellian than this minor compromise of the 4th Amendment. Using the internet for public shaming is actually the greatest threat to our personal space going. Nobody likes to be filmed like that and people know damn well that they're invading a person's psychological space. It's ironic that people use the 1st Amendment to punish others in a way that if the government did it should raise constitutional concerns about the sanctity of the 4th Amendment. If we have to constantly live as though we're being filmed and broadcasted to the entire planet it's still a form of oppression even if it's some dick with a phone and not the government.

So really, fuck this guy and his modern day Scarlet Letter bullshit he's pretending is some kind of protest against "fruit Nazis".

I think when a government employee stops me in public and exercises his government-granted authority, it's hard to argue that I'm "invading their psychological space." This is true whether "they're just good hearted folks doing a job that actually makes the world a better place" or something worse. There's a real difference between a citizen being a dick and people with government authority being dicks, and possibly breaking rules, while exercising that authority. The latter can become oppression if it's carried out systemically. I think it's a big stretch to characterize the former as oppression. It can raise constitutional concerns if the government does it precisely because the Constitution recognizes that the government has greater authorities and powers than individuals, even dicks with cell phones.
14-05-2017, 09:56 AM
I worded my post carefully enough to circumvent your criticisms in advance.
14-05-2017, 10:06 AM
(14-05-2017 09:56 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I worded my post carefully enough to circumvent your criticisms in advance.

No criticism was intended, just discussion of the points you raised.
14-05-2017, 10:50 AM
I'll try not to be overly critical about you apparently not knowing all the meanings of the word criticism.

To be bullied is to be oppressed. In my opinion, filming someone and posting it online against their will is a form of bullying. I don't think working at a government job checking for harmful non-native fruits and firewood is some kind of super powerful SS type position that makes the person impossible to bully and therefore oppress.

One thing that's ironic considering the point I'm making is I wish that dick who wouldn't shut up about the 4th Amendment had been oppressed. I wish once he started filming and being aggressive he got his bitch ass pulled from his fucking car and got his fucking head stomped with his cunt wife and bratty kid watching. Then in the future, when he decides to post on YouTube calling some decent dude a Nazi, he'll have a better understanding how the Nazis really treated people. Since he really seems like he wants to come across as informed and educated I think some real visceral experience could help him.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
14-05-2017, 02:45 PM
(14-05-2017 10:50 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I'll try not to be overly critical about you apparently not knowing all the meanings of the word criticism.

To be bullied is to be oppressed. In my opinion, filming someone and posting it online against their will is a form of bullying. I don't think working at a government job checking for harmful non-native fruits and firewood is some kind of super powerful SS type position that makes the person impossible to bully and therefore oppress.

One thing that's ironic considering the point I'm making is I wish that dick who wouldn't shut up about the 4th Amendment had been oppressed. I wish once he started filming and being aggressive he got his bitch ass pulled from his fucking car and got his fucking head stomped with his cunt wife and bratty kid watching. Then in the future, when he decides to post on YouTube calling some decent dude a Nazi, he'll have a better understanding how the Nazis really treated people. Since he really seems like he wants to come across as informed and educated I think some real visceral experience could help him.
I don't think the govt agent here would be justified in lowering himself to that level to make your point, however, I do agree with your essential point, which is that being a dick and bullying isn't made right just because the target happens to be a government employee, particularly when said employee isn't doing anything remotely oppressive or harmful.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
14-05-2017, 03:30 PM
Of course my anger is overstated but then again I really hate the idea of being set up to be the stooge on somebody's YouTube. I do see it as grounds for a beat down.