What's wrong with god's plan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2012, 03:42 PM
What's wrong with god's plan
Whats wrong with god's plan is that according to the beliefs of christians you were created against your will to be a slave to a cosmic dictator, god set Adam and Eve up to fail so you are punished for something you didn't do, created sinful but commanded to be good, so that god could sacrifice his son through bloody torture so you would have to lean on and worship two versions of the same god ( which dying isn't that hard for someone who is imortal to do when they will be brought back to life in three days to be worshiped for all eternity and he didn't even save most the world anyway ), and if you don't do exactly what this god wants when it wants how it wants, while loving and fearing it at the same time then you will be tortured for all eternity.
Why didn't god just forgive everyone, or make it so we wont sin? Why did god even create satan in the first place knowing he was going to do what he did? Why did god give absolutely no evidence for it's existence and make the universe look exactly like there is no god? Why is the only way this god talks to us is through a 2,000 year old book that is full of contridictions, atrocities, and stories that are so obviousley made up?
You only get something like this is if it's made up by man over long periods of time. This is to stupid and messed up to be the work of an all knowing god. And if there is a god ( which I don't think there is for a second ) it is not a god that deserves respect or worshiping.
In my opinion there is no god and this is one of many reasons why.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like JackDaniels's post
10-04-2012, 03:52 PM
RE: What's wrong with god's plan
[Image: oz0mi.jpg]
[+] 13 users Like Napoleon's post
10-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I just started watching a silent film I recorded off of TCM.. "Leaves from Satan's Book." The opening frames show quotes from Job about the devil, which I never realized looking at before: God says to Satan,

"Thou shalt continue thy evil doings against man. Go among men in a fashion of a man and tempt them to do against My will."

He is telling Satan to do evil, which means it is his will. Therefore; God's will is, literally, to clash with itself. Since his utopia failed, he just decides, all let's just go loose and let everything go into constant strife!

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
10-04-2012, 04:33 PM
God. That's what's wrong with the plan.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2012, 04:35 PM
(10-04-2012 04:24 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I just started watching a silent film I recorded off of TCM.. "Leaves from Satan's Book." The opening frames show quotes from Job about the devil, which I never realized looking at before: God says to Satan,

"Thou shalt continue thy evil doings against man. Go among men in a fashion of a man and tempt them to do against My will."

He is telling Satan to do evil, which means it is his will. Therefore; God's will is, literally, to clash with itself. Since his utopia failed, he just decides, all let's just go loose and let everything go into constant strife!
That's really interesting, ive never heard about that verse before. Thanks for sharing.
11-04-2012, 08:20 AM
(10-04-2012 04:24 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I just started watching a silent film I recorded off of TCM.. "Leaves from Satan's Book." The opening frames show quotes from Job about the devil, which I never realized looking at before: God says to Satan,

Even more eye opening.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7, KJV)

Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it? (Amos 3:6, KJV)

Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good? (Lamentations 3:38)

Thanks God, for being such an asshole.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
11-04-2012, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2012 08:39 AM by kingschosen.)

Where is that, by the way. Which part of Job?

Because I don't remember reading that anywhere.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
11-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Unfortunately people still try to justify this crap. I actually pointed out all of these points to my dad (who is an extreme christian)the other day. He says "we can understand why God done these things,our brains are too limited" or " well if God did it ,it must be right; he done it for a reason". I asked him the other day "why would God cast Satan to the very place where his 'most loved' children are?" Of course the response is " who are you to question the great wisdom of the almighty? can you create the world?no, but God can so he must be right". It drives me so crazy the crap he comes up with.
11-04-2012, 04:16 PM
(11-04-2012 08:33 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Where is that, by the way. Which part of Job?

Because I don't remember reading that anywhere.
You're absolutely right --- it isn't there. However, the logic in the first argument made by JackDaniels is sound. If God is omnipotent, then clearly He had the power to stop the devil and chose not to. While this passage by ClydeLee is not found in the bible, it's clearly something that God could have said, because he not only chose to allow the devil to "continue his evil doings against man", but tempted the devil to do it in the case of Job.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2012, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2012 06:31 PM by Mr Woof.)
The god of religion is obviously a man made distortion in humanity's search for meaning.

The quoting of Biblical texts over and over ad infinitum will not make them any more relevant if the over arching infrastructure lacks any credibility.

In terms of idealizing a cosmic potential phenomenon we are limited by our intelligence; we are not helped by turning to all manner of fantasies.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post