What's wrong with me?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2014, 01:31 PM
RE: What's wrong with me?
(15-07-2014 12:52 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 12:40 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  I understand what you are saying. I'm bi too so I understand what you are saying, I lean more towards girls though. I do have gym and I'm slowly making progress.

Just so we're clear: I'm not talking about gym classes at school; those are basically worthless. I'm talking about going to an actual gymnasium.

(15-07-2014 12:40 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  I just eat a lot when I'm stressed but I'm trying my best to cut it out.

Try writing, listening to music, playing games, and things like that. They work for me, though I don't usually feel stressed.

(15-07-2014 12:40 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  As for the scars I want to tattoo over them when I finally stop cutting

You shouldn't get a tattoo to cover them up, mostly for two reasons:
1 - Tattoos basically make you unhirable everywhere. I'd like to get several tattoos myself, but my (future) job and livelihood depend on me not getting them.
2 - The tattoo may cover the different coloration, but it won't cover the "relief", if you will. If the scar is elevated enough relative to the skin, it will still be noticeable.

Post scriptum: I also lean more toward women. Boobs are awesome. Big Grin Thumbsup

Yeah I have a actual gym membership I even have a trainer I see. I know a tattoo won't cover it all but I've seen you tube videos on tattooing over a scar and I know what to expect. My best counter to the urge of self harming is music. I prefer metal and rock Smile

PS: boobies and lady butts are indeed awesome Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2014, 01:46 PM
(15-07-2014 01:31 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  Yeah I have a actual gym membership I even have a trainer I see.

That's good. Keep doing that.

(15-07-2014 01:31 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  I know a tattoo won't cover it all but I've seen you tube videos on tattooing over a scar and I know what to expect.

You're forgetting the unemployment angle. You will not be hired anywhere by anyone if you have a visible tattoo anywhere on your body.

(15-07-2014 01:31 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  My best counter to the urge of self harming is music. I prefer metal and rock Smile

You should look into classical as well. Supposedly it soothes the brain or something.

(15-07-2014 01:31 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  PS: boobies and lady butts are indeed awesome Big Grin

Quite. The most beautiful man imaginable is still uglier than the most beautiful woman imaginable. Assuming, of course, that we don't cross over into androgyny. Anything can happen then.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
15-07-2014, 01:56 PM
(15-07-2014 01:46 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 01:31 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  Yeah I have a actual gym membership I even have a trainer I see.

That's good. Keep doing that.

(15-07-2014 01:31 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  I know a tattoo won't cover it all but I've seen you tube videos on tattooing over a scar and I know what to expect.

You're forgetting the unemployment angle. You will not be hired anywhere by anyone if you have a visible tattoo anywhere on your body.

(15-07-2014 01:31 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  My best counter to the urge of self harming is music. I prefer metal and rock Smile

You should look into classical as well. Supposedly it soothes the brain or something.

(15-07-2014 01:31 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  PS: boobies and lady butts are indeed awesome Big Grin

Quite. The most beautiful man imaginable is still uglier than the most beautiful woman imaginable. Assuming, of course, that we don't cross over into androgyny. Anything can happen then.

I'm already in a bad spot employment wise I'll have to probably have long sleeves on to cover the scars. I want to be a mechanic or something car related, I know some mechanics and some have sleeves of tattoos and there employed I don't want a office job lol Ill think about it if I really want a tattoo
15-07-2014, 02:06 PM
(15-07-2014 01:56 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  I'm already in a bad spot employment wise I'll have to probably have long sleeves on to cover the scars.

I can't speak much about that because I haven't researched it. However, I have seen people with jobs who had visible scars, though I haven't seen one with visible tattoos.

(15-07-2014 01:56 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  I want to be a mechanic or something car related, I know some mechanics and some have sleeves of tattoos and there employed I don't want a office job lol

Do you want something car-related because you like cars, or because you think it's your only option?

(15-07-2014 01:56 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  Ill think about it if I really want a tattoo

You should.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
15-07-2014, 02:12 PM
(15-07-2014 02:06 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 01:56 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  I'm already in a bad spot employment wise I'll have to probably have long sleeves on to cover the scars.

I can't speak much about that because I haven't researched it. However, I have seen people with jobs who had visible scars, though I haven't seen one with visible tattoos.

(15-07-2014 01:56 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  I want to be a mechanic or something car related, I know some mechanics and some have sleeves of tattoos and there employed I don't want a office job lol

Do you want something car-related because you like cars, or because you think it's your only option?

(15-07-2014 01:56 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  Ill think about it if I really want a tattoo

You should.

I like cars that's why I want a car related job
17-07-2014, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2014 10:29 PM by Misanthropik.)
(14-07-2014 12:57 AM)Dee Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 12:36 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Perhaps this won't be a popular view, but I'm going to present it anyway.

When it comes to cutting, I don't personally see what the big deal is. Are you cutting to alleviate emotional pain? To make yourself feel in control for a little while? Because you simply like it?

If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then I have to ask…why stop? I know cutters, and they do it for different reasons. One chick does it because she hates herself and wants to damage her body out of spite. Another does it because she feels powerless and the blade is the only thing she feels she can control about her own pain. Yet another does it simply because she enjoys seeing flesh part and blood flow forth.

People tend to look at cutting as an "Oh god no!" sort of activity because it's physical damage being inflicted upon our bodies, and this goes against our basic survival instincts. They see someone being hurt - or they're hurt themselves - and they want to make it stop out of fear that the life in question might be in mortal danger. But this is an instinctive reaction and not a logical one. People pierce ears or get tattoos or other body modifications all the time and few people bat an eye. The difference with cutting is that it is unconventional, crude and, often times, dangerous.

Personally, I say that if you do it for reasons that are not unhealthy (meaning: not based in emotional torment and you're being safe so as not to accidentally kill yourself), there is little reason to stop unless you truly want to. And if you truly do want to, I recommend tackling whatever adverse emotional conditions are causing you to do it in the first place. It's not the cutting that's the problem. It's the thing that's causing the cutting that's the problem. Just like with me. It's not the beer that's the problem. I love beer. Beer is tasty and a fun hobby and it makes me feel good. It's the fucked up emotional circumstances that surround my excessive consumption that are the problem. Fix the negative circumstances and I can enjoy beer like anyone else without feeling that I'm devoted to it.

If you don't like to cut, but find yourself doing it anyway, then you need to address why.

If you were a professional Misanthropic, you would know that self harm is always serious and not healthy, always a sign of someone in deep pain.

Not always, no. And I've already illustrated why.

Thanks for the input, though.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-07-2014, 10:26 PM
(15-07-2014 07:26 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 12:36 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Perhaps this won't be a popular view, but I'm going to present it anyway.

When it comes to cutting, I don't personally see what the big deal is. Are you cutting to alleviate emotional pain? To make yourself feel in control for a little while? Because you simply like it?

If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then I have to ask…why stop? I know cutters, and they do it for different reasons. One chick does it because she hates herself and wants to damage her body out of spite. Another does it because she feels powerless and the blade is the only thing she feels she can control about her own pain. Yet another does it simply because she enjoys seeing flesh part and blood flow forth.

People tend to look at cutting as an "Oh god no!" sort of activity because it's physical damage being inflicted upon our bodies, and this goes against our basic survival instincts. They see someone being hurt - or they're hurt themselves - and they want to make it stop out of fear that the life in question might be in mortal danger. But this is an instinctive reaction and not a logical one. People pierce ears or get tattoos or other body modifications all the time and few people bat an eye. The difference with cutting is that it is unconventional, crude and, often times, dangerous.

Personally, I say that if you do it for reasons that are not unhealthy (meaning: not based in emotional torment and you're being safe so as not to accidentally kill yourself), there is little reason to stop unless you truly want to. And if you truly do want to, I recommend tackling whatever adverse emotional conditions are causing you to do it in the first place. It's not the cutting that's the problem. It's the thing that's causing the cutting that's the problem. Just like with me. It's not the beer that's the problem. I love beer. Beer is tasty and a fun hobby and it makes me feel good. It's the fucked up emotional circumstances that surround my excessive consumption that are the problem. Fix the negative circumstances and I can enjoy beer like anyone else without feeling that I'm devoted to it.

If you don't like to cut, but find yourself doing it anyway, then you need to address why.

Do you live under a rock? Have you ever heard of any tattoo or piercing related SUICIDES? Yeah, neither have I.

Self harm is a depressive mental state. Same goes for eating disorders, anxiety, etc. You could easily muster up the words to say to a person "Hey, you're hurting yourself physically/mentally and it's making your life extremely difficult. Why don't you just stop?" but is it really THAT easy for the person to just stop? If you've ever experienced a health issue that borderlines this scenario or straight up tackles the category, or if you've ever had a LOVED ONE struggle with things like this, you'd know it's not easy. It's not a choice, and it's not something that's often easy to handle and maintain in the beginning. It is without-a-doubt unhealthy, and something to tackle with precaution, precision, courage and determination.

I have, actually.

Anyway, go back and read what I said again. Carefully. I addressed pretty much everything you just did. I just added a little spin on it. Wink

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user