What's 'wrong' with this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2013, 09:34 AM
RE: What's 'wrong' with this forum?
What's "wrong" with this forum? From what I saw, pretty much business as usual, just like in any other forums around the net. Just because we share being atheists, doesn't mean we all love each other. Some will say agnostics rules, some will say they are atheists w/o balls (<< borrowed that one from one of Seth's podcasts Big Grin), some linux geeks will join the church of emacs, some live and breathe vi... Human nature I suppose. Wink

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pxlgirl's post
07-01-2013, 11:33 AM
(07-01-2013 09:34 AM)pxlgirl Wrote:  What's "wrong" with this forum? From what I saw, pretty much business as usual, just like in any other forums around the net. Just because we share being atheists, doesn't mean we all love each other. Some will say agnostics rules, some will say they are atheists w/o balls (<< borrowed that one from one of Seth's podcasts Big Grin), some linux geeks will join the church of emacs, some live and breathe vi... Human nature I suppose. Wink

Fair comment.

Do you have an opinion regarding the OP (rather than just the title of the thread)? Rolleyes

Find all posts by this user
07-01-2013, 11:37 AM
(07-01-2013 11:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 09:34 AM)pxlgirl Wrote:  What's "wrong" with this forum? From what I saw, pretty much business as usual, just like in any other forums around the net. Just because we share being atheists, doesn't mean we all love each other. Some will say agnostics rules, some will say they are atheists w/o balls (<< borrowed that one from one of Seth's podcasts Big Grin), some linux geeks will join the church of emacs, some live and breathe vi... Human nature I suppose. Wink

Fair comment.

Do you have an opinion regarding the OP (rather than just the title of the thread)? Rolleyes

I do! We need more Mericans Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
07-01-2013, 11:41 AM
(07-01-2013 11:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Fair comment.

You dog. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
07-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Strangely ... I like Bemore's prison idea.

I think I see myself as one of those sturdy, big-boned, prison guard women yelling, "Aaaah shut up!" to guys in stripped pjs behind bars.
Plus, I think a truncheon would be a cool accessory to carry around. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
07-01-2013, 11:48 AM
(07-01-2013 11:46 AM)kim Wrote:  Strangely ... I like Bemore's prison idea.

I think I see myself as one of those sturdy, big-boned, prison guard women yelling, "Aaaah shut up!" to guys in stripped pjs behind bars.
Plus, I think a truncheon would be a cool accessory to carry around. Shy

And a key ring with lots of keys... a must! Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
07-01-2013, 11:51 AM
There seem to be two opposing conceptual views being espoused.

One is to quarantine troublemakers to make the forum safe.

The other is to make a safe place within the forum.

The first is not possible without destroying the forum. You want safe? Stay away from public forums.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
07-01-2013, 11:53 AM
(07-01-2013 11:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  There seem to be two opposing conceptual views being espoused.

The first is not possible without destroying the forum. You want safe? Stay away from public forums.

Fuk... he is terse and deadly. Dodgy

07-01-2013, 12:59 PM
(07-01-2013 11:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  There seem to be two opposing conceptual views being espoused.

Trouble makers or melt down trolls?

Big difference.

You're a trouble maker, terse and deadly Big Grin Egor could be called a trouble maker. I am a trouble maker because I won't shut my big mouth.

None of the above are harmful to the health of the forum.

Melt down trolls have the agenda and only purpose of toppling admin and causing mass exit. They work in specific ways. Big difference.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-01-2013, 01:14 PM
People seem to forget that internet bullying is a real thing, and that it happens frequently. I think rules are a good thing to be put into place concerning the psychological protection of the defending party. It would be entirely reasonable, in my opinion, for there to be rules creating an environment in which a person is able to ask his/her attacker to stop, and if they don't, they can deal with the administration.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  my current forum plans BnW 16 245 19-07-2014 02:29 PM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Pew Forum ... new religion stats ... Bucky Ball 7 119 18-07-2014 10:15 AM
Last Post: Minimalist
  Forum voices. Metazoa Zeke 117 1,392 08-06-2014 02:55 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  Would you want a podcast where TTA forum members are the guests? Lightvader 28 391 05-06-2014 07:27 PM
Last Post: evenheathen
  Who else goes on TTA Forum while at work? djkamilo 45 494 02-06-2014 03:14 PM
Last Post: Caveman
Bug Forum addition (Concerning "Self" ban) Alex_Leonardo 23 227 22-05-2014 10:44 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  A few things I like about this forum living thing 77 1,072 19-05-2014 07:59 AM
Last Post: Full Circle