What's 'wrong' with this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2013, 06:20 PM
RE: What's 'wrong' with this forum?
Ahhh, Ato is back. Hug

Interesting, Ato. I wonder how many others he may have had private conversations with... fits the MO of what I have been describing.

Quote: Dom Wrote: However, I do not disagree with the ban of FZUMedia. In fact, I may have been the first to explicitly call for it as I recognized him as the poisonous wacko he proved to be. I feel sorry for him, but ...
I don't know who said that, but it wasn't me.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2013, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2013 06:28 PM by Atothetheist.)
(09-01-2013 06:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  Ahhh, Ato is back. Hug

Interesting, Ato. I wonder how many others he may have had private conversations with... fits the MO of what I have been describing.

Quote: Dom Wrote: However, I do not disagree with the ban of FZUMedia. In fact, I may have been the first to explicitly call for it as I recognized him as the poisonous wacko he proved to be. I feel sorry for him, but ...
I came back to post my opinion I am going to Log off and leave.
I was a main contributor of a great many Skype calls. Anybody is free to contact me and talk. Frazer has done so. So has Vosur, Hughsie,Cheap, Free Thought, Lilith, Aurora( on one occasion) and a few others.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
09-01-2013, 06:37 PM
(09-01-2013 06:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  Ahhh, Ato is back. Hug

It was me. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2013, 07:21 PM
(09-01-2013 06:19 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(09-01-2013 06:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  Free speech is not absolute. Disruptive people should be banned.
And I am of the opinion that they shouldn't.

I'm with A2, disruption is often productive, malignancies should be removed.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
09-01-2013, 08:10 PM
(07-01-2013 11:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Do you have an opinion regarding the OP (rather than just the title of the thread)? Rolleyes

Not yet, I'm not long enough here yet, but in general I'm easy with everything as long as no one is insulting me or others. Smile

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
[+] 1 user Likes pxlgirl's post
09-01-2013, 08:11 PM
(09-01-2013 08:10 PM)pxlgirl Wrote:  Not yet, I'm not long enough here yet, but in general I'm easy with everything as long as no one is insulting me or others. Smile

Good luck here then. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
09-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Well, I started this thread so I'm going to attempt to get it back on track.

The intention of the thread is to discuss possible root cause(s) of a problem and potential solutions to a defined known issue.

There are plenty of other threads where one can vent one's spleen about one's personal opinion of the rights and wrongs of one particular incident.

Examples of incidents are useful to clarify a view but they do not help the analysis.

A-squared, we got it... you agree with the Hitchens' vid point of view, as does Girly, as do others, as do I, actually.

Ok, now what? That being said, what do you want to see in the future?

Do you want total free speech?
Do you want greater clarity in the rules to make it easier for the mods to protect people? Do you want the result of that... greater bureaucracy (that others on this thread have already talked about)?
Do you want a safe zone?

All contributions are welcome.

Oh, and if, like Chas, you disagree with my analysis. Say so.

Cheers

09-01-2013, 11:26 PM
(09-01-2013 07:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-01-2013 06:19 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  And I am of the opinion that they shouldn't.

I'm with A2, disruption is often productive, malignancies should be removed.
namiloveyou and FZUMedia are malignancies.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
09-01-2013, 11:56 PM
(09-01-2013 11:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-01-2013 07:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm with A2, disruption is often productive, malignancies should be removed.
namiloveyou and FZUMedia are malignancies.

May I refer the honourable member to the response I gave earlier ... only one post earlier! Thanks for listening Weeping

10-01-2013, 12:55 AM
Re: What's 'wrong' with this forum?
As a very new n00b (and by the way just cause I'm new does not make me "fragile" Tongue) honestly I have a hard time seeing anything being "wrong" with the forum. So far everyone has been for the most part inviting and interesting to talk to.

That being said I do really like the temp ban/appeal/mod discussion idea morondog had. Back in my younger days (a few days before dinosaurs roamed the earth) when i was an admin for a video game forum (basically the same thing as a mod here) we used that system and it worked quite nicely. Rolleyes
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post