What's your deal breaker in relationships?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2014, 01:08 AM
RE: What's your deal breaker in relationships?
Lmao you guys are funnyyyy! Seriously laughing! Big Grin

"...disliking the third reich..." Lol!!

I will be back tomorrow to give my opinions on your deal breakers!! Laugh out load

"...weaponized your sexuality..." Laugh out load

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
10-08-2014, 02:58 AM
(10-08-2014 12:39 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  3.) If you have weaponized your sexuality then bitch you can Exit, pursued by a bear as far as I'm concerned 'cause I ain't got no respect for that kinda game.

'Cos a vagina is a baby cannon... Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
10-08-2014, 06:49 AM
(10-08-2014 02:58 AM)morondog Wrote:  'Cos a vagina is a baby cannon... Tongue
Pew pew! Yes

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 5 users Like Adrianime's post
10-08-2014, 07:23 AM
(09-08-2014 11:12 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 10:46 PM)Logisch Wrote:  You know, that's a really good point. I've been thinking about this lately and do you NEED to be married to simply be a happy couple? Some people see it as, "If you can't get married to me, you aren't really dedicated to me." Others have varying opinions on it.
The way I've always seen it, is marriage shouldn't really change anything. For me at least, marriage is nothing more than a public announcement that you want to be considered a family unit by society. As far as your feelings towards each other, and how well you get along..that hopefully won't change for the worse.

IMO, you should already be living together, committed, and comfortable with each other before marriage. Having a reasonable idea of what to expect in marriage is key!

I 100% agree with you. I also don't think it should change anything. However, there are some people who will tell you, "If you REALLY want to make it official and dedicate yourself you HAVE to get married." but I disagree with that. The way I see it, the relationship shouldn't change just because you get married.

So with that said, I think I feel more comfortable in the future.... not getting married.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
10-08-2014, 07:45 AM
There are tax benefits to marriage, until you retire.

If one of you gets seriously ill and hospitalized, the other may not be allowed to visit at all unless married.

If one of you dies, the other will not inherit unless a well executed will is present, and then the family can contest it as you are not related unless married.

In my case, these were the reason, as well as a formal statement that I got your back, and you got mine. Partnership that extends into illness and death.

And yes, I would never marry someone whose life revolves around religion...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
10-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Dishonesty

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 7 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
10-08-2014, 11:06 AM
For me, it's not being heard or interested in past a nod. For me, it's a real big deal since I don't have many people I feel like I can talk to and be heard. For example, the last guy I dated talked about him and the time I talked about me, he'd nod then go straight back into talking about work. He didn't ask me who Merasmus was when I said I was shooting him in TF2 (he's a PS3/4 guy, doesn't play PC at all)(and not being interested or supportive of my playing tf2 is a turn off too) or what pokemon I had (I met him preordering Y) or what games I had played in general. He just talked about himself, said he had a 3D tv and only seemed interested in what I said when I made fun of all the ass-shots in Metal Gear Rising. No, wait, he asked me what games I liked and we texted about games and he asked me, "is that all you do?" and he was the one that went into college for programing to one day be a game designer and worked as an IT guy?! How and how are you wanting to be a game designer or work with computers on a daily basis and not have any interest in what's going on in the PC world even if it's to compare it to Playstation or know what...I, I , oh I'm going off course but if the person doesn't care about what I like then it's a real deal breaker.

That and not being included, I guess I should say. What really got to me with my ex is that I could vent all sorts of things to him and he'd hardly tell me anything going on with him even if I had just had something happen to him (like a death in the family or a friend screw him over). He would casually say it happened (or I'd find out) and go on in conversation. He even said, "well I just want to have it be nodded and okay lets move on I don't get why it gets to you" and I even yelled once or twice, "because I don't know what the hell is going on with you." I even pointed out that I could tell him all sorts of stuff and he said, "and that's what you should do. I'm a good listener and you can tell me anything" but he couldn't? I guess it's like an inbalance of trust sort of thing? Like I'm not important enough to know how the other person feels or thinks when they expect me to tell them what I feel and think.

Other than that...oh, doing illegal shit, forcing their opinion on me and being an asshole. Marriage I can see either way. I can see the benifits of it but I see where it doesn't matter too. So really to me its either way just so long as I have my person.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
10-08-2014, 01:49 PM
(10-08-2014 07:23 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 11:12 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  The way I've always seen it, is marriage shouldn't really change anything. For me at least, marriage is nothing more than a public announcement that you want to be considered a family unit by society. As far as your feelings towards each other, and how well you get along..that hopefully won't change for the worse.

IMO, you should already be living together, committed, and comfortable with each other before marriage. Having a reasonable idea of what to expect in marriage is key!

I 100% agree with you. I also don't think it should change anything. However, there are some people who will tell you, "If you REALLY want to make it official and dedicate yourself you HAVE to get married." but I disagree with that. The way I see it, the relationship shouldn't change just because you get married.

So with that said, I think I feel more comfortable in the future.... not getting married.

I agree, but unfortuntely, it often does change once two people marry. I think the main reason for that is marriage has a subtle implication to it that someone has rights to you. Someone can have expectations of you. When you're dating, you can still have that happen, but both people know it can end it without any real consequences besides emotional ones, at any moment. Marriage not so much.

I don't want to be in something where the thing sucks, we both know it, but we both don't want to bother with a divorce.

I'm not against commited relationships, although I fear commitment, but rather just live separately.

I just don't want a guy on me 24/7. Not that marriage automatically means this, but when I walk in the door, I just need space for a bit. Then, I get in my car and go visit the person I'm seeing, or he comes to me. I like that.

If marriage was a successful paradigm, we wouldn't see such a high divorce rate. Something's not working. Consider

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke
10-08-2014, 01:51 PM
(10-08-2014 10:01 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Dishonesty
just curious and you don't need to go into details but have you ever had someone betray your trust so much so, that you ended things?

10-08-2014, 01:53 PM
I think blowing the idea of marriage off completely is not a great idea. I agree that it's certainly not for everyone, and that it does change the dynamics of the relationship somewhat. I think it requires a great deal more work once your married because you have made that commitment.
However. It does work for some people. It's just rare.

I was married once, and it was a terrible decision. That man was not a good person and I was WAY too young to recognise how bad the situation was until it was too late. Marriage is certainly something that should be held off till your older, and have been with the person a long time.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post