What's your deal breaker in relationships?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2014, 09:46 PM
RE: What's your deal breaker in relationships?
(10-08-2014 05:20 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 05:14 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I agree. I know myself, and it isn't that I'd hold a grudge towards the person, but I would always suspect them of lying. About other things. Dated enough of those types to last me a lifetime. Undecided

Aye it's never a grudge I forgive very easy, life is a keenly short thing to hold people in a negative light but... when the tea cup shatters it does not rebuild it's self. It bears the the cracks forever and you're never not aware of them.
Love and trust is like that for me.

Very true! And I don't like leaky tea cups. Laugh out load

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing.
~ Edmund Burke
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
10-08-2014, 09:52 PM
(10-08-2014 05:17 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 05:07 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Hmmm. I don't adapt very well. I go into relationships kicking and screaming. Big Grin

Jk I'm not that afraid.

I'm sorry you lost the love of your life. Hugs Sad

Gratitude Smile *hugs*
It was 10 years back this coming September and it set me on a singularly unique path in life. I love my life and the strange way I have lived it since. While death is never a grand companion to have at so young an age there is a kinda of rare wisdom (and madness to be honest haha) that comes with losing a wife and child before your 22. I've seen more countries on this goodly earth then most, done a lot of good and a lot of bad (for good reasons naturally) along the way.

It's been an interesting ride on this big blue marble Smile
Oh my gosh. You were very young when that happened. You have a kind spirit it seems. Many people would act jaded. I don't know you of course but you seem to have a good way about you.

I think the biggest deal breaker for me is the one I never share with the men I date and that's fear of losing myself and allowing a guy to have too much of me. But love might be worth it. My recent break up, I felt like I was in love but who knows.

Life is a ride and maybe we shouldn't always wear a seatbelt. :-P

~ Edmund Burke
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
10-08-2014, 10:19 PM
(10-08-2014 09:46 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 05:20 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Aye it's never a grudge I forgive very easy, life is a keenly short thing to hold people in a negative light but... when the tea cup shatters it does not rebuild it's self. It bears the the cracks forever and you're never not aware of them.
Love and trust is like that for me.

Very true! And I don't like leaky tea cups. Laugh out load

I only like tea cups that leak out the top! Big Grin
10-08-2014, 10:28 PM
(10-08-2014 09:52 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 05:17 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Gratitude Smile *hugs*
It was 10 years back this coming September and it set me on a singularly unique path in life. I love my life and the strange way I have lived it since. While death is never a grand companion to have at so young an age there is a kinda of rare wisdom (and madness to be honest haha) that comes with losing a wife and child before your 22. I've seen more countries on this goodly earth then most, done a lot of good and a lot of bad (for good reasons naturally) along the way.

It's been an interesting ride on this big blue marble Smile
Oh my gosh. You were very young when that happened. You have a kind spirit it seems. Many people would act jaded. I don't know you of course but you seem to have a good way about you.

I think the biggest deal breaker for me is the one I never share with the men I date and that's fear of losing myself and allowing a guy to have too much of me. But love might be worth it. My recent break up, I felt like I was in love but who knows.

Life is a ride and maybe we shouldn't always wear a seatbelt. :-P

Thank you kindly for the warm wordsSmile I was jaded for a while, I hoped on a plane the first chance I got and then I drank and fucked my way across 3 continents before I found my calm haha I was self destructive for a very long time. Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity Big Grin

But ya I hear you on not wanting to lose ones self, it can be scary to have your joy in life so subservient to another person. Love is worth it though I find you have to jump in feet first, no big toe water testing. To be honest, and forgive any vulgarity, I find right now I like lust a lot more then love haha
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
10-08-2014, 10:29 PM
(10-08-2014 09:52 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Life is a ride and maybe we shouldn't always wear a seatbelt. :-P

No seatbelt but handcuff can be kinda fun Big Grin
10-08-2014, 10:49 PM
(10-08-2014 10:29 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 09:52 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Life is a ride and maybe we shouldn't always wear a seatbelt. :-P

No seatbelt but handcuff can be kinda fun Big Grin

Lol hmmm ... Yes indeed. My kind of ride. Wait...what? :-P

Regarding lust vs love. I agree 100000%
Easier, and more fun. And no one gets hurt.
Well...unless you want to. Big Grin

~ Edmund Burke
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
10-08-2014, 11:14 PM
I unknowingly married one of the most hateful men on the planet. The minute that ring was put on my finger, everything changed.

I'm not completely against marriage, but not sure I'd go that route again. I agree with those who said it certainly isn't necessary for a loving, lasting relationship.

Here's my deal breakers....

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/domestic...ffects.htm

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes CindysRain's post
10-08-2014, 11:18 PM
(10-08-2014 10:49 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 10:29 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  No seatbelt but handcuff can be kinda fun Big Grin

Lol hmmm ... Yes indeed. My kind of ride. Wait...what? :-P

Regarding lust vs love. I agree 100000%
Easier, and more fun. And no one gets hurt.
Well...unless you want to. Big Grin

Exactly! I know lots of people who say you can't be happy sexually if you don't have love and I find that to be like anything else in the world: true for some not true for others. I have not "been in love" (but I was close till my most recent move) for over a decade and I completely enjoy my life in almost every way. I've got fine scotch, fine lovers, fine cloths, and good books and I'm happy.

I never lie to anyone about how I am and how I live though, that's very key to me morally.
10-08-2014, 11:22 PM
(10-08-2014 11:14 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  I unknowingly married one of the most hateful men on the planet.

My heart goes out to you, my mothers 2nd marriage was like that. It turned out he was a paranoid schizophrenic who, even after a court order refused to take medication, and was effectively using her to get a child. I disliked him right from the get go, but I love my little brother to bits.
10-08-2014, 11:27 PM
Is "having no ass" as a deal breaker horrible? meh...

You know what makes a rainy day worth it?

CindysRain! Drinking Beverage

Hug

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post