What's your drink?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2017, 03:51 PM
What's your drink?
So we have a couple food threads but few on drinks. Alcoholic or Soft drink what's your pleasure?

I tend to drink mainly water but when I want something special I enjoy a Bee Sting which is 3 oz of Mead and a Hard Apple Cider. Recently tried Sake and sprite and it worked very well.

Oh and for exceptional Southern Sweet Tea it is 3 large bags of the special iced tea blend 1.4 cups of sugar steeped in near boiling water for at least 30 minutes.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
22-01-2017, 03:54 PM
RE: What's your drink?
He failed to mention he called the Sake and Sprite drink "The Kyoto Fizz" Big Grin

At least, that's what I remember him saying Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
22-01-2017, 03:54 PM
I prefer unsweetened iced tea or water.

Alcoholic beverages, really just depends on my mood.

I enjoy gin and tonic (generally with Hendricks Gin)...I find a white russian completely yummy...

I'm not a huge fan of bourbon and 7up, I usually prefer Ginger Ale.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-01-2017, 03:55 PM
Same on the water, it is my go to but I enjoy Chocolate Milk and Sweet Tea and juices like Apple and Orange Juice. I have cut soda entirely and do not regret it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
22-01-2017, 03:55 PM
I haven't had a drink in a while.
I like to try different beers. Bourbon and Coke is good. Vodka and whatever.

Soft drinks: Water or a Coke.
22-01-2017, 03:56 PM
Oh, and I don't really drink sodas anymore (though I am having a Kyoto Fizz as we speak). I like sweet tea, though. And I like beer. All kinds of beer, really. I loooove Sam Adam's White Christmas lager but they can't really be found around here except at one new restaurant we went to. The Sam Adams Winter Lager is close enough. But do not come at me with any kind of IPA. F'in gross.

22-01-2017, 03:57 PM
What's my pleasure? Apart from water with green tea extract it is milk flavored red tea and when I want some alcohol then mead or beer with honey come to rescue. There's also a morning coffee - still trying to find the one which I would be capable of truly enjoying without bankrupting myself.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
22-01-2017, 04:12 PM
In order of preference:

Coffee (black, no sugar)
Water
Red wine
White wine
Vodka martini
Caffeinated tea
22-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Oh god how could I forget coffee?? D:

22-01-2017, 05:06 PM
With meals, I usually drink diet soda (various flavors, but most often Diet Coke with Lime, or just Diet Coke when I can't get the lime stuff -- it's hard to find). I used to drink a ton of regular soda (mostly Coca-Cola), but as a diabetic, I can no longer do that. Between meals, I sometimes drink water (especially at work, where we have a water cooler), but more often diet soda or something alcoholic.

I had to drink too much powdered milk (yuk!) as a kid, so I developed a permanent dislike for milk. I never drink milk by itself, although I do use 2% milk on cereal (and at home, that is my everyday breakfast). In a restaurant, I might have eggs and bacon for breakfast, and then I'll have some orange juice with it. Coffee is an acquired taste that I have never acquired, so I don't drink it. Likewise with tea.

I have a limited tolerance for alcohol, so I rarely have more than one or two drinks on a given day (although I have one or two just about every day).

Beer: I prefer local craft beers, but I can drink almost any kind of beer, unless it's flavored with weird stuff like fruit or coffee. I want my beer to taste like beer, but otherwise I'm not too fussy -- ale or lager, IPA or Belgian or dark -- it's all good. Guinness Extra Stout is one of my favorites (and with vanilla ice cream, it makes a great "beer float"). "Lite" beer is an abomination, and I won't touch it. When I want beer, I want beer, not beer-flavored water.

Wine: I don't drink wine very often, but I can drink either white or red. I prefer red, and that's what I will usually buy. My favorites are Pinot Noir and "Domaine du Sac" (I don't actually know what kind of wine the latter is -- it's made by a local winery in Prairie du Sac, and that's what they call it). Dry wines are more to my taste than sweet wines.

Hard liquor: A friend of mine who drinks a martini every day has made a few for me, and I didn't like them. After the second one, he said "I'm not wasting any more gin on you!" I just don't like the taste of gin, and have never developed a taste for any hard liquor except whiskey (or whisky if it's Scotch or Canadian).

I love whisk(e)y. A good bourbon is mighty tasty, but Scotch generally has more complexity, and given a choice, that's where I'll usually go. I like a little bit of smoke (or a lot of smoke) in the palate. Hence my favorite blended Scotch whisky is Johnnie Walker Black (or any Johnnie Walker, but Black is better than Red, and the others are a bit pricey). My favorite single malt at the moment is Laphroaig "Quarter Cask", but any of their expressions, and in general any Islay whisky, is OK with me. I love the taste of peat smoke in my whisky. I generally drink any kind of whisk(e)y neat, but on occasion I will mix it with club soda or ginger ale or Squirt (Squirt as a mixer is considered weird by some whiskey connoisseurs, but I like it). I will never mix a smoky single malt Scotch, though -- it tastes so good all by itself, why spoil it? The fancier mixed drinks that require special stuff like vermouth, bitters, sugar, fresh fruit, etc. are beyond my ability at home (I don't keep most of that stuff around, for one thing) and too expensive at bars, so when I do want a mixed drink, I stick to simple highballs -- some kind of whisk(e)y + some kind of soda + ice. Even an idiot like me can manage that!
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post