What's your favorite way to spend your free time?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2017, 06:41 PM
RE: What's your favorite way to spend your free time?
Favorite ways to spend my free time: reading and exercising. I often combine the two, as I do a lot of my reading on the treadmill or bike. Heading downstairs in a few minutes to do that, actually.

If I had a whole weekend to spend doing something, though, I would spend it road-tripping. We like to pick a direction/route and drive and see what we find along the way.

My favorite chore: cleaning out/organizing a closet or drawer.

My least favorite chore: I have a cleaner, so most of my least favorites are done by someone else, but I hate cooking. I can do it, but there is nothing about it that I like, apart from the fact that none of us have starved to death or been poisoned so far.

What people would not guess by looking at me: not sure. I'm blonde and relatively petite, so sometimes people seem to think I'm all cuddly and sweet and soccer-mom-y, which is a mistake--but I let them live anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
07-02-2017, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2017 06:46 PM by jennybee.)
Yoga, hiking, ultralight backpacking, Krav Maga, playing with my dogs and my cat, trying new restaurants, going to the symphony, ballet, theatre, opera, art museums, reading, listening to music, dancing like a crazy person around my house Wink

Favorite Chore: Taking out the trash because I have a little hill that it's fun to zoom down with the barrels Laugh out load

Least Fave: dishes.

What People Can't Tell By Looking at Me? Hmm, that I'm secretly a ninja. Shh don't tell anyone Tongue
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
07-02-2017, 07:03 PM
What's your favorite way to spend your free time?
(07-02-2017 06:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Yoga, hiking, ultralight backpacking, Krav Maga

I would hate to get in a fight with you.
[+] 3 users Like KUSA's post
08-02-2017, 01:55 AM
(07-02-2017 04:32 PM)Emma Wrote:  Curious to get to know y'all some more.

What are your two favorite ways to spend your free time?

Reading books and playing games.

Quote:If you had the weekend to spend doing your favorite thing, what would it be (Please exclude anything sexual :blushSmile?

I have weekends to do exactly that - I read and play.

Quote:What's your favorite chore around the house? And your least favorite?

If cooking counts then it is favorite but only as far as chores do. Least favorite has something to do with vacuum cleaner.

Quote:Lastly- what's something about you that people can't tell from looking at you?

I'm pretty nondescript so it would be many things. But given how those who like metal looks in stereotypes, nobody would said that I like it too.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
08-02-2017, 04:32 AM
[Image: 20170204_145746_zpsji0dxudb.jpg]

[Image: 20161008_123217_zpsslemp6fm.jpg]

[Image: 20170201_200112-1_zpsxm5u3zfi.jpg]

Youtube

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
08-02-2017, 08:37 AM
(08-02-2017 04:32 AM)Banjo Wrote:  [Image: 20170204_145746_zpsji0dxudb.jpg]

Youtube

Ugh, photobucket is blocked at work, so I can't see the images. :/

I also spend a lot of time watching youtube. Most of my workday I will have youtube videos playing while I work. DNews, Scishow, PBS Space Time, GameGrumps, MisterDeity, TTA, HopeForPaws, Cracked, Late Night shows- Seth Myers, Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee, Kat Blaque, etc. I watch too much YT lmao.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
08-02-2017, 09:20 AM
(08-02-2017 04:32 AM)Banjo Wrote:  [Image: 20170204_145746_zpsji0dxudb.jpg]

Youtube

Is that a tiny cockpit?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
08-02-2017, 09:41 AM
My favorite way to spend my free time is playing my electric guitars LOUD. This is exactly what I'd do if my wife and kids were away for a weekend. I would also take my dog for a long walk in the woods, weather-permitting.

With chores I often find the ones I "enjoy" the least are also the ones that are most satisfying to complete. I can't say there's a single house-keeping task I find fun. But washing, drying, folding, and putting away my kids' laundry on a Sunday afternoon is somewhat satisfying. It's a nice feeling if by 3PM Sunday I have enough clean clothes sorted out for them for the week ahead. It allows me to relax. Cleaning my fridge is far and away the chore I dread the most. But when I take the time to do a REALLY good job it's also the chore that makes me feel the most spiffy about myself, lol. When the fridge is immaculate my wife and I will actually invite people over for dinner so we can show it off.

When I was a teenager my dad's house had a wood-burning stove and I actually genuinely enjoyed chopping firewood. It was a good workout and it is very satisfying if you've spent an hour or so to look at the output all stacked neatly.

Something you can't tell by looking at me, I'm a night owl. If my body had its way I'd sleep from about 2AM to 10AM every day.
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post
08-02-2017, 09:56 AM
(08-02-2017 09:41 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  With chores I often find the ones I "enjoy" the least are also the ones that are most satisfying to complete.

That's a very interesting way to look at chores. Maybe I need to take that mindset to heart myself!
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
08-02-2017, 10:11 AM
Favorite ways is easy. Narrowing it down to favorite way is the difficult part. If I had to pick one thing, I'm with Chas. Nothing like a day of tearing up the range. Call me American.

Beyond that... The first thing I do when I get my work schedule is compare it to my martial arts schedule to figure out which classes, open mat sessions, etc. I'll be able to attend. Martial Arts is the closest to spirituality I'm gonna get. An hour or two of grappling is a workout like no other and sets my mind at ease.

I also look forward to my evening language study sessions after everyone goes to bed, assuming I'm not working. I love plugging away at new vocabulary, grammar concepts, etc. It's fulfilling recognizing when something you've been struggling with finally clicks, or when you reach a point in a new language where those funny, foreign looking characters no longer look foreign.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post