What's your favorite way to spend your free time?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2017, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2017 01:08 PM by Loom.)
RE: What's your favorite way to spend your free time?
Minecraft (great while learning about coding), drawing, playing my ocarinas, and hiking with my dog Big Grin

At a first glance people would probably see me as shy and awkward. At a second glance, prolly still the same Tongue

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Loom's post
08-02-2017, 01:15 PM
Running, cooking, playing music much less frequently than I'd like, reading, TTA...

Yeah, that's most of my free time taken care of.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
08-02-2017, 04:41 PM
Well apart from having a few pints and betting on the horses....
I like to play music, bass guitar. Me and a few mates have a jam session on Friday evenings. I also like to walk my dog, a Golden Retriever, down in the park by the river, especially when the weather is bad. I like nothing better than sticking on me wellies and walking through mud and puddles (the kid in me) Tongue

I don't mind doing the dishes, and I enjoy cooking. Ironing is a no no.

People would be surprised to know that I like bird watching.
Because I come from a working class background, people are also surprised to learn that I have a bachelor's degree in fine arts.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
08-02-2017, 05:42 PM
(08-02-2017 09:20 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Is that a tiny cockpit?

Indeed it is. It now resides in the model. Model to be completed over next 3 weeks.

Mitsubishi Raiden. Smile

(08-02-2017 04:41 PM)Marozz Wrote:  Well apart from having a few pints and betting on the horses....
I like to play music, bass guitar. Me and a few mates have a jam session on Friday evenings. I also like to walk my dog, a Golden Retriever, down in the park by the river, especially when the weather is bad. I like nothing better than sticking on me wellies and walking through mud and puddles (the kid in me) Tongue

I don't mind doing the dishes, and I enjoy cooking. Ironing is a no no.

People would be surprised to know that I like bird watching.
Because I come from a working class background, people are also surprised to learn that I have a bachelor's degree in fine arts.

Cool. I understand every word.

Very different to when speaking with Americans. Smile

I also no longer perform housework. I have a cleaner who comes each week. All I do is the dishes.

There is much I like to do, but at this time cannot.

Studying history, reading classic literature, learning new things etc etc.

Over the course of my life two authors have come and gone in phases. Shakespeare and Dostoyevsky. At least once a decade I will re-read all their works. When younger it was around 4 years for Dostoyevsky, and 5 or 6 with William.

I am fascinated by ancient literature and have read a massive amount of it. For example; in order to read fresh things from Rome, both Latin and Greek, I must read translations of inscriptions in books.

I simply ran out of authors.

I love plays, but prefer reading them to seeing them. The action in my imagination is better than that on stage.

When younger I loved skydiving, martial arts and practice. I practice everything I do. It's a habit. Drum/percussion practice, modeling practice, love making practice, for example, "how to best please the other"...everything is practice to me.

I also love cooking but no longer am able to cook anything interesting.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
08-02-2017, 11:02 PM
(07-02-2017 04:32 PM)Emma Wrote:  What are your two favorite ways to spend your free time? If you had the weekend to spend doing your favorite thing, what would it be (Please exclude anything sexual :blushSmile?

Playing at some sort of musical event with a whole bunch of people (rehearsal, festival, workshop, it's all good) or going exploring and trying something new. Could be a new activity, or something as simple as finding a new coffee shop to hang out in.

Quote:What's your favorite chore around the house?

Cooking and baking.

Quote: And your least favorite?

Definitely not a fan of anything that has to do with floor maintenance. Mopping, sweeping and vacuuming happen, but only when driven by dire necessity. I'm actually more likely to go out to shovel snow than to grab a mop and bucket. Getting better at it, though.

Quote:Lastly- what's something about you that people can't tell from looking at you?

I'm a cleverly-disguised SF/F geek with a massive library of trivia on board -- If you need to know the name of the Silver Surfer's girlfriend, what The Tick's sidekick Arthur used to do for a living, or the birth date of the Majere twins from Dragonlance, expect an accurate answer within 1.5 seconds or less.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post