Sarsparilla 0% 0 0%
Total 9 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What's your favourite non alcoholic drink

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2013, 10:16 AM
RE: What's your favourite non alcoholic drink
Lately I've been really into these "Spritzer" drinks. They're just carbonated water with (delicious) natural flavors added like blood orange and cherry lemonade.

The only problem is the sweetener that they use. The drink has zero sugar in it, and the natural sweetener has no direct chemical effect on insulin production. This sounds great at first, but when the body takes in something sweet, it releases insulin anyway in preperation for what it assumes is going to be a high intake of calories. So, even though the drinks don't have a direct chemical effect on the body's insulin production (the way a sugary drink would), they trick the body into thinking it's getting sugars; causing it to dump a bunch of insulin which it then has no use for.

So, I tend to drink them only with meals. I take in a lot of calories for my muscles, so I make sure to put every little insulin spike to good use.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2013, 10:21 AM
What's your favourite non alcoholic drink
(09-02-2013 10:16 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Lately I've been really into these "Spritzer" drinks. They're just carbonated water with (delicious) natural flavors added like blood orange and cherry lemonade.

The only problem is the sweetener that they use. The drink has zero sugar in it, and the natural sweetener has no direct chemical effect on insulin production. This sounds great at first, but when the body takes in something sweet, it releases insulin anyway in preperation for what it assumes is going to be a high intake of calories. So, even though the drinks don't have a direct chemical effect on the body's insulin production (the way a sugary drink would), they trick the body into thinking it's getting sugars; causing it to dump a bunch of insulin which it then has no use for.

So, I tend to drink them only with meals. I take in a lot of calories for my muscles, so I make sure to put every little insulin spike to good use.

Wow, that sounds uncomfortably complex. But I can understand craving something that can cause discomfort. I really shouldn't drink soda any more but I can't stop.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
09-02-2013, 10:30 AM
(09-02-2013 10:14 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(08-02-2013 08:08 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I think its a toss up between Dr. Pepper and Green tea.

Hot or cold green tea? I usually prefer mine cold.
I drink it hot. Nothing like a hot green tea when you're feeling stressed. Smile Cold is okay though as well.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
09-02-2013, 10:30 AM
(09-02-2013 10:21 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(09-02-2013 10:16 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Lately I've been really into these "Spritzer" drinks. They're just carbonated water with (delicious) natural flavors added like blood orange and cherry lemonade.

Wow, that sounds uncomfortably complex. But I can understand craving something that can cause discomfort. I really shouldn't drink soda any more but I can't stop.
Most of my nutritional intake is uncomfortably complex. lol. When I got into fitness a few years back, it became a complete lifestyle. In a way, it has to. There's nothing that passes my lips without my knowing every chemical bond that makes it up. Of course, it's second nature now. Still drives some people crazy when I go on rants about the complexities (and simplicities) of a slice of toast, though. Laughat

09-02-2013, 10:32 AM
(09-02-2013 10:30 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(09-02-2013 10:21 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Wow, that sounds uncomfortably complex. But I can understand craving something that can cause discomfort. I really shouldn't drink soda any more but I can't stop.
Most of my nutritional intake is uncomfortably complex. lol. When I got into fitness a few years back, it became a complete lifestyle. In a way, it has to. There's nothing that passes my lips without my knowing every chemical bond that makes it up. Of course, it's second nature now. Still drives some people crazy when I go on rants about the complexities (and simplicities) of a slice of toast, though. Laughat
I suspect you miss a lot of fun due to this Sleepy

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
09-02-2013, 10:38 AM
(09-02-2013 10:32 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(09-02-2013 10:30 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Most of my nutritional intake is uncomfortably complex. lol. When I got into fitness a few years back, it became a complete lifestyle. In a way, it has to. There's nothing that passes my lips without my knowing every chemical bond that makes it up. Of course, it's second nature now. Still drives some people crazy when I go on rants about the complexities (and simplicities) of a slice of toast, though. Laughat
I suspect you miss a lot of fun due to this Sleepy

Not at all, actually. I eat half an apple pie after every workout. Then I down it with the most delicious chocolate protein shake you've ever tasted. Big Grin

It's all in knowing how to best utilize a given food product.

[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
12-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Homemade wassail with all the traditional ingredients, from studded oranges to excessive nutmeg, but no alcohol.

Sometimes I wrestle with my demons. Sometimes we just snuggle.
12-02-2013, 10:58 AM
(12-02-2013 10:34 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Homemade wassail with all the traditional ingredients, from studded oranges to excessive nutmeg, but no alcohol.
Wassail without the alcohol? Where is the fun in that? No

21-02-2013, 07:20 PM
I voted Creamy Soda, but I also really like Root Beer as well. Both of these twang my tastebuds in just the right way. I usually treat myself to one of these from the local general store in the summertime after working outside, such as in my garden, or on a car (nothing to mechanical, I assure you) or after a day of shooting and/or fishing. It may make me sound like a country bumpkin, and maybe I am, but it is something I enjoy. Brings a smile to my face. I don't normally drink either of this on a regular basis, to me these are kind of special drinks I have as a small reward or to end a pleasant summer day. Normally I have a pepsi, water, or tea (served hot or cold) and sometimes a coffee, particularly to get me going after a night with little sleep, or sometimes in the evening on a cold night.

03-06-2013, 06:00 AM
Smile RE: What's your favourite non alcoholic drink
Mine is apple juice. I love its taste.

Result oriented company for SEO