[Show Results]

What's your gender?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 03:06 PM
RE: What's your gender?
(04-06-2014 02:53 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 02:51 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I already posted that link twice

Alright I have changed my position to neither side as apperently the subject is still in study.

http://www.nature.com/news/bibliometrics...ce-1.14321

This is about gender equality in the scientific community, but not about gender itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
04-06-2014, 03:08 PM
(04-06-2014 03:05 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 03:00 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  WTF? Did you just post a link to a statistical study on gender imbalance in the scientific community to support your position?

And BTW, you're now using the language of a climate change denier.

I thought climate change deniers don't change views.

Um... the paper seems to bear zero relation to the views which you have changed...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Fuck it I am going to say it and grow some balls. I was wrong, and I mean really fucking wrong. Before I was going off what I was taught and the sources they were from. During this argument I seem to have gone off the deep-end a betrayed my open-mindedness. However after being honest and reading the sources a realize what you guys were going for. I deeply apologize for my ignorance. I should have been better in my position. I am coinciding that I am wrong and that I should have done better to learn. I guess it was something left over from my old days. This is something I apologize for. In short I was wrong and you guys were right and I am sorry for my ignorance and wasting everyone's time.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 5 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
04-06-2014, 03:23 PM
(04-06-2014 03:16 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Fuck it I am going to say it and grow some balls. I was wrong, and I mean really fucking wrong. Before I was going off what I was taught and the sources they were from. During this argument I seem to have gone off the deep-end a betrayed my open-mindedness. However after being honest and reading the sources a realize what you guys were going for. I deeply apologize for my ignorance. I should have been better in my position. I am coinciding that I am wrong and that I should have done better to learn. I guess it was something left over from my old days. This is something I apologize for. In short I was wrong and you guys were right and I am sorry for my ignorance and wasting everyone's time.

You're a dork Tongue but I love ya Heart

No need for apologizing.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
04-06-2014, 03:29 PM
(04-06-2014 03:23 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 03:16 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Fuck it I am going to say it and grow some balls. I was wrong, and I mean really fucking wrong. Before I was going off what I was taught and the sources they were from. During this argument I seem to have gone off the deep-end a betrayed my open-mindedness. However after being honest and reading the sources a realize what you guys were going for. I deeply apologize for my ignorance. I should have been better in my position. I am coinciding that I am wrong and that I should have done better to learn. I guess it was something left over from my old days. This is something I apologize for. In short I was wrong and you guys were right and I am sorry for my ignorance and wasting everyone's time.

You're a dork Tongue but I love ya Heart

No need for apologizing.

Thanks. I think I am going to hide for a while for being wrong.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-06-2014, 03:30 PM

You did not waste my time. Smile This is brave and I admire the humbleness it takes to find truth over being right.
[+] 5 users Like LadyJane's post
04-06-2014, 03:43 PM
(04-06-2014 03:30 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  

You did not waste my time. Smile This is brave and I admire the humbleness it takes to find truth over being right.

Thanks, really hard to say I am wrong, though I never win arguments anyway.

04-06-2014, 03:48 PM
(04-06-2014 03:29 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 03:23 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  You're a dork Tongue but I love ya Heart

No need for apologizing.

Thanks. I think I am going to hide for a while for being wrong.

Goddamit. I was just about to ask "What about a 52 yo man with a little tiny penis, testicles that have long since gone into hibernation, and the testosterone levels of a little girl? Huh, what about that?" but you went and fuckin' ruined it for me. Goddam seal fucker.

#sigh
04-06-2014, 03:52 PM
(04-06-2014 03:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 03:29 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Thanks. I think I am going to hide for a while for being wrong.

Goddamit. I was just about to ask "What about a 52 yo man with a little tiny penis, testicles that have long since gone into hibernation, and the testosterone levels of a little girl? Huh, what about that?" but you went and fuckin' ruined it for me. Goddam seal fucker.

Please don't mention that I failed.

04-06-2014, 03:58 PM
(04-06-2014 03:43 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 03:30 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  You did not waste my time. Smile This is brave and I admire the humbleness it takes to find truth over being right.

Thanks, really hard to say I am wrong, though I never win arguments anyway.

Most often, just figuring things out and realizing one is wrong, is really a win in itself.

Don't be so hard on yourself - it's difficult to keep an open mind and try to form an opinion on something. It's like coloring inside the lines of reason and logic while learning to paint one's own picture. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post