Other:transgender/agender/androgynous etc
[Show Results]

What's your gender?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 04:02 PM
RE: What's your gender?
(04-06-2014 03:58 PM)kim Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 03:43 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Thanks, really hard to say I am wrong, though I never win arguments anyway.

Most often, just figuring things out and realizing one is wrong, is really a win in itself.

Don't be so hard on yourself - it's difficult to keep an open mind and try to form an opinion on something. It's like coloring inside the lines of reason and logic while learning to paint one's own picture. Wink

It is probably because I never win arguments. Even if I am right I just get yelled at over, so in reality it is me trying to win something.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 04:05 PM
(04-06-2014 04:02 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 03:58 PM)kim Wrote:  Most often, just figuring things out and realizing one is wrong, is really a win in itself.

Don't be so hard on yourself - it's difficult to keep an open mind and try to form an opinion on something. It's like coloring inside the lines of reason and logic while learning to paint one's own picture. Wink

It is probably because I never win arguments. Even if I am right I just get yelled at over, so in reality it is me trying to win something.

Go over to AF and debate Heywood on abortion(or pretty much anything), that's an easy win. A nice confidence booster Tongue

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
04-06-2014, 04:08 PM
(04-06-2014 04:05 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:02 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  It is probably because I never win arguments. Even if I am right I just get yelled at over, so in reality it is me trying to win something.

Go over to AF and debate Heywood on abortion(or pretty much anything), that's an easy win. A nice confidence booster Tongue

Laugh out load Bowing Thumbsup

hehe true true

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
04-06-2014, 04:12 PM
(04-06-2014 04:05 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:02 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  It is probably because I never win arguments. Even if I am right I just get yelled at over, so in reality it is me trying to win something.

I don't care about abortion. I need something that is worth while.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-06-2014, 07:12 PM
(04-06-2014 04:12 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:05 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Go over to AF and debate Heywood on abortion(or pretty much anything), that's an easy win. A nice confidence booster Tongue

There's always the Kalam Cosmological Argument.

If you can use a toilet without pissing yourself, you've probably got the intellectual acumen to spot the holes in that beloved old shitshow.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
05-06-2014, 06:24 AM
(04-06-2014 01:19 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I will never understand why people get their panties all in a bunch over what gender someone else chooses to identify as. Get over it

Lol conservative family values.

Also, it gives you a relatively small and safe out-group to hate. Never underestimate the desire to hate The Others!
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
05-06-2014, 06:34 AM
(05-06-2014 06:24 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 01:19 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I will never understand why people get their panties all in a bunch over what gender someone else chooses to identify as. Get over it

Lol conservative family values.

Also, it gives you a relatively small and safe out-group to hate. Never underestimate the desire to hate The Others!

It's not that I underestimate it. I just don't understand it.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
05-06-2014, 06:35 AM
(04-06-2014 07:12 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:12 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I don't care about abortion. I need something that is worth while.

There's always the Kalam Cosmological Argument.

If you can use a toilet without pissing yourself, you've probably got the intellectual acumen to spot the holes in that beloved old shitshow.

Jeremy's refusal or inability to respond to outside stimuli prompted me to make this:

[Image: Kalam_zpsde16843e.gif]
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
05-06-2014, 06:39 AM
(04-06-2014 04:12 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:05 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Go over to AF and debate Heywood on abortion(or pretty much anything), that's an easy win. A nice confidence booster Tongue

I used abortion as an example because I think it's Heywood's favorite thing to fail miserably at debating. You can pick another topic if you want. Heywood likes to make up his own facts so they're super easy to dispute.
Seriously, when I told him that even with induction I know from experience it can take hours for the cervix to dilate he asked me "did they let your cervix dilate naturally or did they use a speculum to dilate it?"
A speculum Gasp

05-06-2014, 07:05 AM
(05-06-2014 06:39 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Seriously, when I told him that even with induction I know from experience it can take hours for the cervix to dilate he asked me "did they let your cervix dilate naturally or did they use a speculum to dilate it?"
A speculum Gasp

He might not know the difference between a cervix and a vagina. At least, that's what I hope. I supposed you could use a particularly long speculum to dilate a cervix, but... damn! I don't have any of those parts and it hurts to think about.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post