Male
Other:transgender/agender/androgynous etc
[Show Results]

What's your gender?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 02:44 AM
RE: What's your gender?
When you're a woman on-line these things can be more important. A lot of discussion forums are male dominated and it's so much better when you can find a forum with a good gender balance. It's also better when there is an international membership.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
04-06-2014, 03:02 AM
(04-06-2014 02:44 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  When you're a woman on-line these things can be more important. A lot of discussion forums are male dominated and it's so much better when you can find a forum with a good gender balance. It's also better when there is an international membership.

I thought most of discussion forums are female dominated anyway.Even no related with this poll result.

English isn't my first language. But after I discussed with many English forums,I can feel they have different degree of xenophobic...
04-06-2014, 03:11 AM
(04-06-2014 03:02 AM)Snowflake Wrote:  I thought most of discussion forums are female dominated anyway.Even no related with this poll result.

Maybe it's just the forums I've gone on which have been male dominated.
04-06-2014, 03:14 AM
(04-06-2014 03:11 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 03:02 AM)Snowflake Wrote:  I thought most of discussion forums are female dominated anyway.Even no related with this poll result.

Maybe it's just the forums I've gone on which have been male dominated.

Me too. Also, I might take a guess that there are more active male members here than female. I could be wrong though.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
04-06-2014, 03:18 AM
(04-06-2014 02:26 AM)Charis Wrote:  I'm not. I also was curious about the sex/gender distribution here at first. Not for any particular reason. Was just curious. Kinda like wondering what the age distribution is, wondering how many other late-20's/early-30's people are here, what the sports fan distribution is, etc.
But I'm just kinda weird.

Of course, there are the profile pages to browse through.

"Sex" will be stated as male, female or undisclosed.

It's a fair indicator of 'gender' although not 'equal to' necessarily.

When I signed up, I wanted to put "if and when available".

Many people have been equally curious (statistically curious, I mean) and Deep Thought and Shannow were assembling a TTA Survey but I don't think it was finalised.

Oh! and I like your 'weird' Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
04-06-2014, 03:19 AM
(04-06-2014 03:14 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  ...
more active male members

She said "male members" Laughat
Heart

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
04-06-2014, 03:24 AM
I'd say the distribution here is probably a bit more even than on other forums I've been on in the past. If I'm correct in this (that's an IF), I would guess that it's because the "god question" applies fairly evenly to people regardless of gender, whereas forums on other topics might appeal slightly more to one sex/gender over another (for whatever reason, whether it be genetic or social construct, etc).

(04-06-2014 03:19 AM)DLJ Wrote:  She said "male members" Laughat
Heart
And you're just ridiculous sometimes. Drinking BeverageLaugh out load

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
04-06-2014, 03:43 AM
How was I able to tell that OP doesn't identify as cis based on nothing but the title of this thread? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
04-06-2014, 03:45 AM
(04-06-2014 03:43 AM)Vosur Wrote:  How was I able to tell that OP doesn't identify as cis based on nothing but the title of this thread? Consider

Proper use of the word gender as opposed to asking

"What sex are you?"
04-06-2014, 03:59 AM
(04-06-2014 01:19 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I will never understand why people get their panties all in a bunch over what gender someone else chooses to identify as. Get over it

Because you obviously don't give a fuck that stupidity exists.

Quote:So it seems like you are part of the problem by refusing to accept people for what they are.

No wrong. I'm pissed off because people don't accept themselves for who they are. Rather than say they're a gay male they'd rather say they're a straight female because it sounds better. "Oh yes I'm straight, I couldn't possibly be gay". Like there's something wrong with being a gay male.

I get that some people want to be the other sex and some go through hormone treatment and shit, but don't go around preaching that you're a female when you're a male. You're a male that wants to be a female, not a female.

It's not about hating people or being ignorant or whatever, it's about saying "it's ok that you want to be a female, I don't have a problem with that". It's acceptance and inclusion. When they call themselves females when they're not it's like saying there's something wrong with being a gay male or a transgender male or a man that wants to be a female etc.. they're pretending to be something they're not. I'm saying, it's ok to be who you are.

So before you accuse me of refusing to accept people for who they are you better go back and re-read my post because that's not what I'm saying at all.

[Image: oscar.png]