Other:transgender/agender/androgynous etc
[Show Results]

What's your gender?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 05:12 AM
RE: What's your gender?
(04-06-2014 05:03 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:57 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  My dad wont let me use his chainsaw. Plus, I'm busy and don't want to get my cloths dirty.

There's gender (what's between your legs) and than there's sexual preference (gay/straight/bi/asexual), than there's emotional feels (I want to be a women, I want to be a man, I'm a boy but I like to play with barbies etc..).

Gender is simplistic because it's a three choice system.
What's going on in your head is incredible complex I agree, but it's not to be confused with a term that simple categorizes you into 1 of 3, maybe 4, categories.

This is simple a disagreement of terms, that's it.

I hate "what's between my legs". Does that make me a freak who deserves to die? You're certainly not helping my depression, but of course, that's what you want, isn't it? I'm about ready to contemplate suicide now. Ok, I said it. Go on, laugh. You think suicide is funny, don't you? Well, your reputation confirms what I suspected. Everyone hates me for being a tranny.

IF what you say is true, and that's a big if because I hold the belief that you're just a troll, than that makes you a person with mental health issues (depression and very low self esteem) in which case you need help from someone who is capable of getting you the help you need.
And nobody hates you for being a tranny, nobody gives a shit about that. Everyone hates you because you mope around the forum attention seeking going on about how you're gonna kill yourself.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 05:34 AM
(04-06-2014 04:57 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  There's gender (what's between your legs) and than there's sexual preference (gay/straight/bi/asexual), than there's emotional feels (I want to be a women, I want to be a man, I'm a boy but I like to play with barbies etc..).

Gender is simplistic because it's a three choice system.
What's going on in your head is incredible complex I agree, but it's not to be confused with a term that simple categorizes you into 1 of 3, maybe 4, categories.

This is simple a disagreement of terms, that's it.

Totally ignorant and wrong.
04-06-2014, 05:44 AM
(04-06-2014 04:33 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  I fucking loathe everything about myself now. Thanks, guys.

Don't worry diddo, it's not like their argument will stand up to any kind of scientific evidence or scrutiny concerning logical consistency. We've already seen what happens to arguments from ignorance on this forum.
04-06-2014, 05:47 AM
(04-06-2014 03:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:So it seems like you are part of the problem by refusing to accept people for what they are.

No wrong. I'm pissed off because people don't accept themselves for who they are.

And what makes you so arrogant as to assume you know how their brains are wired and what is going through their heads?

As I said, it's no different to a straight person seeing you as male and believing despite your protestations that because you have a penis in-between your legs that you should be sexually attracted to women.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
04-06-2014, 05:52 AM
(04-06-2014 05:47 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 03:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  No wrong. I'm pissed off because people don't accept themselves for who they are.

And what makes you so arrogant as to assume you know how their brains are wired and what is going through their heads?

As I said, it's no different to a straight person seeing you as male and believing despite your protestations that because you have a penis in-between your legs that you should be sexually attracted to women.

You need to go back and re-read my posts.

[Image: oscar.png]
04-06-2014, 06:06 AM
Nothing like a warm, fuzzy, lighthearted read early in the morning to start the day off with a smile. Heart
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
04-06-2014, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2014 06:22 AM by Mathilda.)
(04-06-2014 05:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You need to go back and re-read my posts.

OK gone back and re-read them and I stand by what I said.

You on the other hand take it upon yourself to judge people according to a bit of flesh in-between their legs and to treat them in a certain way accordingly. That is the only criterion that you have mentioned for determining someone's gender and how you should treat them. It is totally irrelevant to you how their brain is wired up.

Tell me how this is any different to a straight person assuming that you must also be straight because you have a penis.

Tell me how that is any different to assuming a black person is criminally minded because of the colour of their skin.

The problem lays in you not allowing people to be judged on who they are as a person. This is why all forms of prejudice are harmful. You are judging people by appearances and you are not open to any evidence to the contrary.

It's quite possible that the people who you see as gay men really are self deluded. But it's not up to you to figure that out for them.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
04-06-2014, 06:18 AM
Earmuffs, your simplistic reduction of a complicated scientific issue is worthy of a creationist, especially as it allows you to confirm your own personal prejudices.
[+] 5 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
04-06-2014, 06:26 AM
(04-06-2014 04:46 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yes, that is exactly what he is saying 100%. If someone chops off your penis you are no longer a man. Mmhmm, that's exactly what he is saying.

In case you missed it, I was being sarcastic with my previous sentence.

Yeah but that is what he is effectively saying.

And as you are pointing out, it's wrong.

Your gender identity is not determined by the configuration of a bit of flesh somewhere on your body but by how your brain is wired. There is plenty of evidence in the scientific literature for this.

For someone who professes to have such an interest in biology as ThePaleolithicFreethinker, it is incredibly simplistic way of classifying gender.
You wanted to say prenatal hormones?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenatal_ho...rientation
04-06-2014, 06:54 AM
While I'm not a fan of Muffs way of communicating, he does make a good point.

The whole thread... the concept... the intentions... just seem "off" to me. Just seems like there is some kind of agenda instead of innocently asking what the gender population is on TTA.

I know when I first came to TTA, that wasn't the first thing I was curious about.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post