Male
Other:transgender/agender/androgynous etc
[Show Results]

What's your gender?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 06:57 AM
RE: What's your gender?
(04-06-2014 06:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  While I'm not a fan of Muffs way of communicating, he does make a good point.

The whole thread... the concept... the intentions... just seem "off" to me. Just seems like there is some kind of agenda instead of innocently asking what the gender population is on TTA.

But Muffs jumped down snowflake's throat for an innocuous question. This suggests that Muffs is the one with the agenda.

I still have no idea what prompted anyone to taken offence at a poll asking the distribution of male and female with an extra miscellaneous option which has at the moment been voted for twice.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 07:14 AM
(04-06-2014 06:18 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  Earmuffs, your simplistic reduction of a complicated scientific issue is worthy of a creationist, especially as it allows you to confirm your own personal prejudices.

It's quite common and normal that different factions of religion infighting ,but they are all follow the same pattern.
04-06-2014, 07:22 AM
(04-06-2014 07:14 AM)Snowflake Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 06:18 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  Earmuffs, your simplistic reduction of a complicated scientific issue is worthy of a creationist, especially as it allows you to confirm your own personal prejudices.

It's quite common and normal that different factions of religion infighting ,but they are all follow the same pattern.

Hiding behind scientific ignorance to fuel their own prejudices and sense of righteousness?
04-06-2014, 07:23 AM
(04-06-2014 06:57 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 06:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  While I'm not a fan of Muffs way of communicating, he does make a good point.

The whole thread... the concept... the intentions... just seem "off" to me. Just seems like there is some kind of agenda instead of innocently asking what the gender population is on TTA.

But Muffs jumped down snowflake's throat for an innocuous question. This suggests that Muffs is the one with the agenda.

I still have no idea what prompted anyone to taken offence at a poll asking the distribution of male and female with an extra miscellaneous option which has at the moment been voted for twice.

Oh trust me, I know.

I have made no mystery about me liking Muffs but absolutely loathing his behavior at times, the way he communicates, and how he treats new members.

He's been warned and disciplined as well for his actions in the intro section.

But, the short of it is, Muffs is free to act like a dick if he wants to. This is an unprotected forum, so he can say pretty much whatever he wants to say.

I'm not going to pretend that I'm a fan of it; however, I am able to scrub the rant and its coarseness and see the point he's trying to make.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
04-06-2014, 07:30 AM
(04-06-2014 07:22 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 07:14 AM)Snowflake Wrote:  It's quite common and normal that different factions of religion infighting ,but they are all follow the same pattern.

Hiding behind scientific ignorance to fuel their own prejudices and sense of righteousness?

Nod.But seem a gay supreme religion started to attack common sense on this thread.
04-06-2014, 08:01 AM
There are two genders, as far as I'm concerned. Male and female. There's hermaphroditism, but that's a birth defect that gets corrected either soon after birth or when the person is old enough to decide for themselves.

However, there are people who do not identify with the gender they were randomly "assigned" with. These people fall under two main categories:
People who "feel" like the opposite gender.
People who "feel" like they don't belong in any gender or belong in a "special" gender.

The first group can have surgery to correct this dissonance. It is nothing to be ashamed of. diddo97, on a personal note, I don't care if you're male or female. If you're a good person, I can and will like you. I might even love you, if given enough time. I do not care about gender or appearance when it comes to befriending and/or dating someone. I care about who you are.

The second group suffers from a condition whose name I don't know. It is the inability to figure out the self; to figure out who they are. Probably some kind of de-realization or de-personalization, but I'm no psychiatrist, so don't take my word for it (seriously; don't even assume this to be in the same neighborhood as correct). Please read the following paragraph before you judge what I just said in this paragraph.

Both groups are caused by the belief that the genders are (or should be) somehow different in psychological aspects (likes and dislikes). There is no such thing as being "feminine" or "masculine". Personally, I used to like dolls. Not kidding. Now they creep me out (they look too realistic). I played with my cousin's dolls when nobody was watching because I was taught that boys shouldn't play with dolls. Now I realize that's bullshit. I liked (and now love) to cook. First just pretending, but now I cook as much as I like, inventing new recipes and improving already-existing ones. I like cars. I used to collect cars (think buckets full, which I still have) and play with them with my brother. I like having short, spiky hair (I don't like how I look with long hair). I like guns (just as a cool thing to have; not to use on any living creature or anything that looks like it used to be alive). I like motorcycles and bikes (although, due to my size, I have not found any bike I can comfortably ride). I dislike the color pink (it just doesn't look pleasant to me). I like medium-rare steak (so fucking good, if it's cooked properly).
I could go on if I tried, but I think I've made my point.
I know I am a man. I enjoy being a man. I like having a penis. I like doing stuff I'm probably not allowed to mention here. I like women. I also like men, but that's a discussion for another topic. Now, you could claim that my mixture of "masculine" and "feminine" traits is due to my sexuality, in which case I'd feel compelled to, among other things, show you bisexuals who are about as "feminine" as Tom Selleck. My point is that you can't assign likes and dislikes to gender. Ever. Sexuality is the same way. The only likes and dislikes you can assign to someone's sexuality are the likes and dislikes that define the sexuality (if you're heterosexual, you're physically attracted to people of the opposite gender; if you're homosexual, you're physically attracted to people of the same gender; if you're bisexual, you're physically attracted to people of both genders; if you're asexual, you're not physically attracted to people of either gender).

The second group has a subcategory, however. People who actually feel like they don't belong in any established gender, and attention whores (they're everywhere these days). The latter are a kind of people who just want to be "special", and so they self-diagnose with ADHD, Asperger's, OCD, and so on. They can also pretend to be bisexual, homosexual, or asexual. These can be easily identified most of the time (attention whores are not particularly smart) and therefore can be "discarded" (in the sense that they shouldn't affect statistics regarding any group they don't actually belong to).

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
04-06-2014, 08:28 AM
Muffs. I think I understand what you are trying to say. (If I am wrong I apologise)

People need labels though. At least they feel they do. So that they can have an easier way to describe who they are and what they are feeling.

While I'm not personally a fan of making things even more complicated this way I understand why people want to do it. I cant blame anyone for that.
04-06-2014, 10:11 AM
(04-06-2014 04:17 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Look at your genitalia.

If it is a penis, you are male

If it is a vagina, you are female

Gender is like race, you are born with it.

Having met a few hermaphrodites, this is not true (either boy OR girl part). And gender is more than a private part. A physical part that is visible (penis/vagina) and physical hormones and psychological state (where gender identity comes in). This is not an "idea" ("I want to be a boy but I'm a girl!"), but a physical development in hormones and their influence on identity. However this is right that, like race, you are born with it. So you can be born a boy but feel a girl or the other way around because the psychological gender doesn't mach the physical appearance.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
04-06-2014, 10:25 AM
I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body.
04-06-2014, 10:38 AM
(04-06-2014 05:03 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:57 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  My dad wont let me use his chainsaw. Plus, I'm busy and don't want to get my cloths dirty.

There's gender (what's between your legs) and than there's sexual preference (gay/straight/bi/asexual), than there's emotional feels (I want to be a women, I want to be a man, I'm a boy but I like to play with barbies etc..).

Gender is simplistic because it's a three choice system.
What's going on in your head is incredible complex I agree, but it's not to be confused with a term that simple categorizes you into 1 of 3, maybe 4, categories.

This is simple a disagreement of terms, that's it.

I hate "what's between my legs". Does that make me a freak who deserves to die? You're certainly not helping my depression, but of course, that's what you want, isn't it? I'm about ready to contemplate suicide now. Ok, I said it. Go on, laugh. You think suicide is funny, don't you? Well, your reputation confirms what I suspected. Everyone hates me for being a tranny.

Diddo, no one hates you for being transgender. If I hated you for being transgender then I'd have to hate my own daughter who is transgender, whom I love with all my heart. Muffs need to do some research on gender and seems to have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed. That's certainly not your fault. Muffy needs to invest in a better bed or something. It has nothing to do with you.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post