Poll: I am...
Female
Male
Other:transgender/agender/androgynous etc
[Show Results]

What's your gender?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2014 10:52 AM by Losty.)
RE: What's your gender?
(04-06-2014 04:42 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yes, that is exactly what he is saying 100%. If someone chops off your penis you are no longer a man. Mmhmm, that's exactly what he is saying.

In case you missed it, I was being sarcastic with my previous sentence.

You're welcome.

Kill me then. Grab a chainsaw and slice my neck off. I don't fucking care about my life anymore. There is nothing for me.

You're starting to creep me out with this attitude you need to get help.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 10:48 AM
(04-06-2014 05:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 05:03 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  I hate "what's between my legs". Does that make me a freak who deserves to die? You're certainly not helping my depression, but of course, that's what you want, isn't it? I'm about ready to contemplate suicide now. Ok, I said it. Go on, laugh. You think suicide is funny, don't you? Well, your reputation confirms what I suspected. Everyone hates me for being a tranny.

IF what you say is true, and that's a big if because I hold the belief that you're just a troll, than that makes you a person with mental health issues (depression and very low self esteem) in which case you need help from someone who is capable of getting you the help you need.
And nobody hates you for being a tranny, nobody gives a shit about that. Everyone hates you because you mope around the forum attention seeking going on about how you're gonna kill yourself.

Diddo's depression is a result of being transgender not the cause it. Until she gets hormones to remedy the situation the depression and gender dysphoria will continue. My transgender daughter did the same thing for two years (depression and a horribly dark view of the world) but it almost immediately disappeared when she started hormones. Diddo's brain is wired to be female from birth. It happens. Give people a break would ya?

Sorry Diddo, I didn't mean to respond as if you weren't in the room.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
04-06-2014, 10:51 AM
(04-06-2014 04:57 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Yeah but that is what he is effectively saying.

And as you are pointing out, it's wrong.

Your gender identity is not determined by the configuration of a bit of flesh somewhere on your body but by how your brain is wired. There is plenty of evidence in the scientific literature for this.

For someone who professes to have such an interest in biology as ThePaleolithicFreethinker, it is incredibly simplistic way of classifying gender.

There's gender (what's between your legs) and than there's sexual preference (gay/straight/bi/asexual), than there's emotional feels (I want to be a women, I want to be a man, I'm a boy but I like to play with barbies etc..).

Gender is simplistic because it's a three choice system.
What's going on in your head is incredible complex I agree, but it's not to be confused with a term that simple categorizes you into 1 of 3, maybe 4, categories.

This is simple a disagreement of terms, that's it.

I heard that most people identify as male or female around 4-5. I think it was in that video about little Ryland who was born female but insisted to his parents that he was a boy starting around the age 2. His parents eventually supported this change. So I guess little baby Ryland at 2 and the older Ryland who is now 6(or was in the video) is just a female too ashamed to admit she's gay? No. He doesn't know about sexual preference at 2, he probably isn't sure at 6. All he knows is that he is a boy regardless of genitalia.

You said I don't care about stupidity, well you're right in the sense that I don't care to be hateful to people just because I think they're stupid. More importantly I am tolerant and I have no interest in belittling anyone who identifies as something I don't understand and/or agree with.
You're attitude is hateful and pointless. What are you achieving?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
04-06-2014, 10:58 AM
(04-06-2014 06:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  While I'm not a fan of Muffs way of communicating, he does make a good point.

The whole thread... the concept... the intentions... just seem "off" to me. Just seems like there is some kind of agenda instead of innocently asking what the gender population is on TTA.

I know when I first came to TTA, that wasn't the first thing I was curious about.

I agree that the intentions of the thread seem off, but Muffsy is wrong. He isn't attacking OP for being suspicious he is attacking anyone who doesn't identify as whatever gender they were born with. He is saying they choose to switch genders to avoid having to be gay. While this may be the case for some, to say it's the case for all is completely ignorant.

[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
04-06-2014, 10:59 AM
What's your gender?
(04-06-2014 04:42 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yes, that is exactly what he is saying 100%. If someone chops off your penis you are no longer a man. Mmhmm, that's exactly what he is saying.

You're welcome.

Kill me then. Grab a chainsaw and slice my neck off. I don't fucking care about my life anymore. There is nothing for me.

Why is every thread about you?

[Image: 51e339681fbcf.gif]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
04-06-2014, 11:02 AM
(04-06-2014 04:46 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  

Yeah but that is what he is effectively saying.

And as you are pointing out, it's wrong.

Your gender identity is not determined by the configuration of a bit of flesh somewhere on your body but by how your brain is wired. There is plenty of evidence in the scientific literature for this.

For someone who professes to have such an interest in biology as ThePaleolithicFreethinker, it is incredibly simplistic way of classifying gender.

Thanks Mathilda.

There's also this.

"The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb. However, since sexual differentiation of the genitals takes place in the first two months of pregnancy and sexual differentiation of the brain starts in the second half of pregnancy, these two processes can be influenced independently, which may result in extreme cases in trans-sexuality. This also means that in the event of ambiguous sex at birth, the degree of masculinization of the genitals may not reflect the degree of masculinization of the brain. There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation."

Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
04-06-2014, 12:51 PM
(04-06-2014 04:29 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:17 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Look at your genitalia.

If it is a penis, you are male

If it is a vagina, you are female

Gender is like race, you are born with it.

So if someone cut off your genitalia would you no longer have a gender?

No. Even with your penis chopped off you still don't have ovaries. Genitalia is more that just penis and vagina. Who in the world started the gender is a choice thing?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-06-2014, 01:14 PM
(04-06-2014 12:51 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:29 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  So if someone cut off your genitalia would you no longer have a gender?

No. Even with your penis chopped off you still don't have ovaries. Genitalia is more that just penis and vagina. Who in the world started the gender is a choice thing?

People who recognized gender dysphoria.

Also, sex is physical, gender is mental.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
04-06-2014, 01:17 PM
(04-06-2014 12:51 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Who in the world started the gender is a choice thing?

No one is claiming with any credibility it's a choice. However, the people that started the "thing" you refer to would be medically qualified experts. I'm wondering why you seem to be disagreeing with them.
[+] 2 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
04-06-2014, 01:26 PM
(04-06-2014 01:17 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 12:51 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Who in the world started the gender is a choice thing?

No one is claiming with any credibility it's a choice. However, the people that started the "thing" you refer to would be medically qualified experts. I'm wondering why you seem to be disagreeing with them.

Because I have yet to see how you can choose your genitia. It is like saying we get to choose our race. You can say you are a girl, but as long as you lack all the parts of the female genitalia and had or have a penis, you are a male.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube