Other:transgender/agender/androgynous etc
[Show Results]

What's your gender?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 01:38 PM
RE: What's your gender?
(04-06-2014 01:26 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 01:17 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  No one is claiming with any credibility it's a choice. However, the people that started the "thing" you refer to would be medically qualified experts. I'm wondering why you seem to be disagreeing with them.

Because I have yet to see how you can choose your genitia. It is like saying we get to choose our race. You can say you are a girl, but as long as you lack all the parts of the female genitalia and had or have a penis, you are a male.

I don't think you understand the development of the sexual organ and how during some (more common than rarely) development for some individuals (this is not unique to humans, it is in nature in other species as well) have a genetic (physical) psychological discontent with their outward sexual organ and who they feel they are (M/F) due to the influence and exposure of hormones prenatally (and naturally).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
04-06-2014, 01:42 PM
(04-06-2014 01:38 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 01:26 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Because I have yet to see how you can choose your genitia. It is like saying we get to choose our race. You can say you are a girl, but as long as you lack all the parts of the female genitalia and had or have a penis, you are a male.

I don't think you understand the development of the sexual organ and how during some (more common than rarely) development for some individuals (this is not unique to humans, it is in nature in other species as well) have a genetic (physical) psychological discontent with their outward sexual organ and who they feel they are (M/F) due to the influence and exposure of hormones prenatally (and naturally).

So does that mean I get to change my testicals into ovaries because I want to be female? No. Again, it is all about sexual organs. As I said before, if you act like a girl, talk like a girl, and walk like a girl, but have male genitalia and the parts that go with it you are a male.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Will this help?

"The distinction between sex and gender differentiates sex, the biological makeup of an individual's reproductive anatomy or secondary sex characteristics, from gender, an individual's lifestyle (often culturally learned) or personal identification of one's own gender (gender identity).
This distinction is not universal. In ordinary speech, sex and gender are often used interchangeably. Some dictionaries and academic disciplines give them different definitions while others do not.

Among scientists, the term sex differences (as compared to gender differences) is typically applied to sexually dimorphic traits that are hypothesized to be evolved consequences of sexual selection."

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
04-06-2014, 02:08 PM
(04-06-2014 01:46 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Will this help?

"The distinction between sex and gender differentiates sex, the biological makeup of an individual's reproductive anatomy or secondary sex characteristics, from gender, an individual's lifestyle (often culturally learned) or personal identification of one's own gender (gender identity).
This distinction is not universal. In ordinary speech, sex and gender are often used interchangeably. Some dictionaries and academic disciplines give them different definitions while others do not.

Among scientists, the term sex differences (as compared to gender differences) is typically applied to sexually dimorphic traits that are hypothesized to be evolved consequences of sexual selection."[/url]

The current distinction between the terms sex difference vs. gender difference has been criticized as misleading and counterproductive. These terms erroneously suggest that the behavior of an individual can be partitioned into separate biological and cultural factors. (However, behavioral differences between individuals can be statistically partitioned, as studied by behavioral genetics). Instead, all behaviors are phenotypes—a complex interweaving of both nature and nurture. [34]

Diane Halpern, in her book Sex Differences in Cognitive Abilities, noted the problems with "sex" vs. "gender" terminology: "I cannot argue (in this book) that nature and nurture are inseparable and then... use different terms to refer to each class of variables. The ...biological manifestations of sex are confounded with psychosocial variables.... The use of different terms to label these two types of contributions to human existence seemed inappropriate in light of the biopsychosocial position I have taken." She also noted that "Pinker (2006b, para. 2) provided a clear summary of the problems with the terms "sex and gender: "part of it is a new prissiness of many people today are squeamish about sexual dimorphism as the Victorians were about sex. The word sex refers... (both) to copulation and to sexual dimorphism..."[35] Richard Lippa writes in Gender, Nature and Nurture that "Some researchers have argued that the word "sex" should be used to refer to (biological differences), whereas the word "gender" should be used to refer to (cultural differences). However, it is not at all clear the degree to which the differences between males and females are due to biological factors versus learned and cultural factors. Furthermore indiscriminate use of the word "gender" tends to obscure the distinction between two different topics: (a) differences between males and females, and (b) individual differences in maleness and femaleness that occur within each sex." [36]

It has been suggested that more useful distinctions to make would be whether a behavioral difference between the sexes is first due to an evolved adaptation, then, if so, whether the adaptation is sexually dimorphic (different) or sexually monomorphic (the same in both sexes). The term sex difference could then be re-defined as between-sex differences that are manifestations of a sexually dimorphic adaptation (which is how many scientists use the term[37][38]), while the term gender difference could be re-defined as due to differential socialization between the sexes of a monomorphic adaptation or byproduct. For example, greater male propensity toward physical aggression and risk taking would be termed a "sex difference;" the generally longer head hair length of females would be termed a "gender difference.

Dodgy

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-06-2014, 02:16 PM
(04-06-2014 10:48 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Diddo's depression is a result of being transgender not the cause it. Until she gets hormones to remedy the situation the depression and gender dysphoria will continue. My transgender daughter did the same thing for two years (depression and a horribly dark view of the world) but it almost immediately disappeared when she started hormones. Diddo's brain is wired to be female from birth. It happens. Give people a break would ya?

This. Absolutely this.

And when Diddo does get the treatment she needs she will become a completely different person. A productive, happy, well rounded person.

What you think of Diddo is not actually the person that she is meant to be.
04-06-2014, 02:17 PM
(04-06-2014 02:08 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 01:46 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Will this help?
Dodgy

Therefore?

Undecided

04-06-2014, 02:19 PM
(04-06-2014 02:08 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  The current distinction between the terms sex difference vs. gender difference has been criticized as misleading and counterproductive. These terms erroneously suggest that the behavior of an individual can be partitioned into separate biological and cultural factors. (However, behavioral differences between individuals can be statistically partitioned, as studied by behavioral genetics). Instead, all behaviors are phenotypes—a complex interweaving of both nature and nurture. [34]

Well; that neatly destroys your earlier claim of "lol external genitalia", does it not?

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
04-06-2014, 02:20 PM
(04-06-2014 02:17 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 02:08 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  ...
Dodgy

Therefore?

Undecided

The point above has already been addressed. Again who the fuck came up with this? Like muffs said, it is like an excuse to act straight, when in reality they are gay.

04-06-2014, 02:21 PM
(04-06-2014 02:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 02:08 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  The current distinction between the terms sex difference vs. gender difference has been criticized as misleading and counterproductive. These terms erroneously suggest that the behavior of an individual can be partitioned into separate biological and cultural factors. (However, behavioral differences between individuals can be statistically partitioned, as studied by behavioral genetics). Instead, all behaviors are phenotypes—a complex interweaving of both nature and nurture. [34]

Well; that neatly destroys your earlier claim of "lol external genitalia", does it not?

Behavior, not sex organs. Dodgy

04-06-2014, 02:24 PM
(04-06-2014 01:26 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 01:17 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  No one is claiming with any credibility it's a choice. However, the people that started the "thing" you refer to would be medically qualified experts. I'm wondering why you seem to be disagreeing with them.

Because I have yet to see how you can choose your genitia. It is like saying we get to choose our race. You can say you are a girl, but as long as you lack all the parts of the female genitalia and had or have a penis, you are a male.

Genitalia has nothing to do with gender.
http://www.med.monash.edu.au/gendermed/s...ender.html

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post