Other:transgender/agender/androgynous etc
[Show Results]

What's your gender?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: What's your gender?
(04-06-2014 12:51 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:29 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  So if someone cut off your genitalia would you no longer have a gender?

No. Even with your penis chopped off you still don't have ovaries. Genitalia is more that just penis and vagina.

So if someone has their ovaries removed then they are no longer a woman? What about a mastectomy? What about a hysterectomy? Do all of them have to be removed before you are no longer a woman? Do you become less of a woman with each one removed?

Are men no longer men if their testicles are cut off? What about male prostate glands?

By specifying that gender is determined by all the genitalia then you are just delaying the inevitable conclusion.

I expect you'll backtrack now and start including chromosomes as well.

(04-06-2014 12:51 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Who in the world started the gender is a choice thing?

No one is saying that gender is a choice.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 02:26 PM
(04-06-2014 02:24 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 01:26 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Because I have yet to see how you can choose your genitia. It is like saying we get to choose our race. You can say you are a girl, but as long as you lack all the parts of the female genitalia and had or have a penis, you are a male.

Genitalia has nothing to do with gender.
http://www.med.monash.edu.au/gendermed/s...ender.html

So let me get this straight, I get to choose weather I am a man or woman because of personality. Do I get to be Hispanic because I like Hispanic culture?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-06-2014, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2014 03:04 PM by Losty.)
(04-06-2014 02:20 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 02:17 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Therefore?

Undecided

The point above has already been addressed. Again who the fuck came up with this? Like muffs said, it is like an excuse to act straight, when in reality they are gay.

What about people who have male genitalia but identify as female and are attracted to females? Are they just making it up as an excuse to pretend to be gay?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
04-06-2014, 02:29 PM
(04-06-2014 01:42 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  So does that mean I get to change my testicals into ovaries because I want to be female? No. Again, it is all about sexual organs. As I said before, if you act like a girl, talk like a girl, and walk like a girl, but have male genitalia and the parts that go with it you are a male.

Despite the scientific evidence? Is it something you just Know to be true?

Hmm this sounds familiar.

http://aebrain.blogspot.de/p/transsexual...ntity.html
http://www.transgenderscience.info/?tag=brain
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20...4-Bf64-qV4
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
04-06-2014, 02:30 PM
(04-06-2014 02:26 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 02:24 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Genitalia has nothing to do with gender.

So let me get this straight, I get to choose weather I am a man or woman because of personality. Do I get to be Hispanic because I like Hispanic culture?

Race and gender are not the same. Learn the definitions.

Also, gender isn't a choice just because it's not determined by genitals doesn't mean people choose their gender any more than they choose their sexual orientation.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
04-06-2014, 02:31 PM
(04-06-2014 02:25 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 12:51 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  No. Even with your penis chopped off you still don't have ovaries. Genitalia is more that just penis and vagina.

So if someone has their ovaries removed then they are no longer a woman? What about a mastectomy? What about a hysterectomy? Do all of them have to be removed before you are no longer a woman? Do you become less of a woman with each one removed?

Are men no longer men if their testicles are cut off? What about male prostate glands?

By specifying that gender is determined by all the genitalia then you are just delaying the inevitable conclusion.

I expect you'll backtrack now and start including chromosomes as well.

(04-06-2014 12:51 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Who in the world started the gender is a choice thing?

No one is saying that gender is a choice.

Parts of the female genitalia

Vagina

Cervix

Uterus

Fallopian tube

Ovaries

Reproductive tract

mons pubis

pudendal cleft

labia majora

Bartholin's glands

clitoris

Remove all of these and add all the male parts and then I will say you can change gender.

Also if gender is not choice what is it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-06-2014, 02:31 PM
(04-06-2014 02:26 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 02:24 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Genitalia has nothing to do with gender.

You seem to be declaring this a choice despite all the evidence being the opposite.

That sounds familiar.
[+] 1 user Likes Elder Cunningham's post
04-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Why is it that theists are not allowed to say, screw science and I know more than the scientists because I say so which proves god.
But somehow you're allowed to say, screw medicine and I know more than doctors which proves transgendered people are just closeted gays because I said so??

(04-06-2014 02:26 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  So let me get this straight, I get to choose weather I am a man or woman because of personality. Do I get to be Hispanic because I like Hispanic culture?

Again strawman. No one is saying that you get to choose your gender identity.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
(04-06-2014 01:42 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 01:38 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I don't think you understand the development of the sexual organ and how during some (more common than rarely) development for some individuals (this is not unique to humans, it is in nature in other species as well) have a genetic (physical) psychological discontent with their outward sexual organ and who they feel they are (M/F) due to the influence and exposure of hormones prenatally (and naturally).

So does that mean I get to change my testicals into ovaries because I want to be female? No. Again, it is all about sexual organs. As I said before, if you act like a girl, talk like a girl, and walk like a girl, but have male genitalia and the parts that go with it you are a male.

During the first two months of pregnancy the brain is developing and part of the development is triggered by hormones, testosterone or estrogen, which are part of the complex structuring of the brain. It seems that transgender brains have been exposed to more of the opposite gender's hormones and thus has influenced the brain's wiring. When a transgender person says they are in the wrong body they really mean it. Their brain isn't in alignment with their bodies gender and the only way they can feel human is to replace the testosterone with estrogen (MTF).

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20...499qfldXXo

All kinds of things happen during a baby's development. Girls are born without viginas. This happens in about 1 in 6000 births and children are born with both genitals, hell, all kinds of things happen. Why do you find it so hard to believe that the brain is immune to such differences. It's just another organ, a very complex one but still- another organ.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post