What's your guilty (musical) pleasure?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2012, 03:51 PM
What's your guilty (musical) pleasure?
I was going to post this a month or so ago because I haven't seen one yet (although this area of the forum seems a little...dead?) so here I am.

SO, like the title says, we all have that song/group that we enjoy that's entirely the rich cheesecake on our diet of music. We're just...y'know, not always the type to say it.

I typically listen to a lot of rock and electronic (pretty much the entire span including industrial, trip hop, EBM, techno, etc.) But I have this guilty pleasure that came over here and wrote a song that got them in trouble with a famous doll maker. Yes, that's right, these guys:

A couple of my favorite songs by them:

Yes, this is pretty much a conversation between a religious person (Lene) and Quantum Physics (Rene).

I also like "Dirty Little Pop Song" along with a good deal from their first CD and their latest one wasn't horrible if you can handle fairly cheesy pop songs with a techno beat...and innuendo. I think I liked them because of that...and the fact that they looked like they were having fun and not being entirely serious in the first place.

So, what's everyone else's guilty musical pleasure?

I doodle.
A lot.
My humor can also be very perverse, so forgive me if I make sexy fart jokes. :'D
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chaos' Requiem's post
23-07-2012, 07:35 PM
RE: What's your guilty (musical) pleasure?
"My mamma said" is actually quite a good song...... first time ive ever heard it.

Cant stand Barbie Girl though Censored

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
24-07-2012, 03:51 AM
Not saying! Tongue Censored

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
24-07-2012, 04:00 AM
Early 80s Cliff Richard, before he caught religion.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
24-07-2012, 06:19 PM
(23-07-2012 07:35 PM)bemore Wrote:  "My mamma said" is actually quite a good song...... first time ive ever heard it.

Cant stand Barbie Girl though Censored

Barbie Girl always made me laugh, then again...I caught the innuendo and couldn't help myself.

And yeah, I really liked stumbling on "My Mamma Said", I'd thought that they'd stopped making music (which they had) and then found out they got back together a few years back. This one song was entirely worth it, for sure.

daylightisabadthing Wrote:Early 80s Cliff Richard, before he caught religion.
I actually had to look him up and face palmed when I realized who he was. (First video I came across was Devil Woman (76ish), which I rather like.) Then again, I rather like older music since it has more...I dunno, thought put into it? A lot of music I hear anymore (on the dreaded radio) seems like garbage no matter what station I turn it to.

I doodle.
A lot.
My humor can also be very perverse, so forgive me if I make sexy fart jokes. :'D
25-07-2012, 05:35 AM

[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
25-07-2012, 06:03 AM
I used to enjoy the one hit wonder shows that aired on VH1...some of those songs were a lot of fun, though I don't think I could stand a full CD by any one of the 'artists'.

Always liked "One Night in Bangkok" for some reason.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-07-2012, 08:39 AM
I thought this track by the spice girls was cool...

Blush

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
26-07-2012, 06:24 PM

I'm not ashamed to admit it.
26-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Blue Oyster Cult - There, I said it, I love them, bombast, cowbell, ridiculous lyrics and all.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post