What's your guilty (musical) pleasure?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2013, 04:13 PM
RE: What's your guilty (musical) pleasure?

Gotta love Barenaked Ladies

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Musically guilty as charged. If you think the guitar's good, just wait for the bagpipe Thumbsup

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
05-08-2013, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 05:02 PM by ridethespiral.)
(05-08-2013 04:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Gotta love Barenaked Ladies

Not even kidding I was about to come here and post "The Barenaked Ladies" but it appears that you have beaten me too it...Gordon, Everything to Everyone, Stunt... That album they put out right after Stunt was so shit that it's not even a guilty pleasure...Just awful. Couple songs that are just really addicting Hello City, Enid Light Up My Room, It's All Been Done, In The Car...I would never play that chimp song with anyone else around, but I have to listen to it if I play anything else off that album.

Otherwise I dunno? Skrillex? 50 cent? Disturbed? Paul Simon? Cat Stevens?

Definitely 50 cent.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2013, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2013 04:57 PM by Ferdinand.)
No shame in my music game

Let's not forget about the queen Big Grin

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
05-08-2013, 05:11 PM
(05-08-2013 04:54 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 04:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Gotta love Barenaked Ladies

Not even kidding I was about to come here and post "The Barenaked Ladies" but it appears that you have beaten me too it...Gordon, Everything to Everyone, Stunt... That album they put out right after Stunt was so shit that it's not even a guilty pleasure...Just awful. Couple songs that are just really addicting Hello City, Enid Light Up My Room, It's All Been Done, In The Car...I would never play that chimp song with anyone else around, but I have to listen to it if I play anything else off that album.

Otherwise I dunno? Skrillex? 50 cent? Disturbed? Paul Simon? Cat Stevens?

Definitely 50 cent.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Sailor Moon My Only Love
Sailor Moon Give Me the Strength to Carry On
Sailor Moon Sanji No Yousei
Little Walter My Babe
05-08-2013, 05:12 PM
The Jonas Brother Year 3000
05-08-2013, 05:49 PM
(23-07-2012 03:51 PM)Chaos Requiem Wrote:  I was going to post this a month or so ago because I haven't seen one yet (although this area of the forum seems a little...dead?) so here I am.

SO, like the title says, we all have that song/group that we enjoy that's entirely the rich cheesecake on our diet of music. We're just...y'know, not always the type to say it.

I typically listen to a lot of rock and electronic (pretty much the entire span including industrial, trip hop, EBM, techno, etc.) But I have this guilty pleasure that came over here and wrote a song that got them in trouble with a famous doll maker. Yes, that's right, these guys:

A couple of my favorite songs by them:

Yes, this is pretty much a conversation between a religious person (Lene) and Quantum Physics (Rene).

I also like "Dirty Little Pop Song" along with a good deal from their first CD and their latest one wasn't horrible if you can handle fairly cheesy pop songs with a techno beat...and innuendo. I think I liked them because of that...and the fact that they looked like they were having fun and not being entirely serious in the first place.

So, what's everyone else's guilty musical pleasure?

I grew up in the 90s and as a child & tween was a Spice Girls fan, Britney Spears fan and Nsync fan. These days I like alternative rock mostly but enjoy r&b, and some hiphop. However, anytime I hear an old 90's pop song I love it, true music guilty pleasure for me, probably all nostalgia! lol Banana_zorro

[Image: BMCz_10CEAAAG5S.jpg]
06-08-2013, 05:49 AM

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
06-08-2013, 03:33 PM
(06-08-2013 05:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  

How is Emeli Sande a guilty pleasure? Chas she's just awesome. No shame. Big Grin

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]