What's your perfect summer day?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2011, 01:02 PM
What's your perfect summer day?
I love the heat. I'll take sweltering hot over just above freezing any day. And that's what we've got right now. Hot. And it looks like the next week or two will be the same. And so comes the question:

What makes a perfect summer day for you?

I spent the morning doing outdoor stuff while it was still cool. Some time in the garden, set up another shade umbrella on the deck, just a bunch of puttering before the heat hit. Then I headed into town and picked up a watermelon and two 1 1/2 inch porterhouse steaks. I plan to spend the rest of the afternoon with a cool drink, laying in the hammock in the shade with a book. Come suppertime, I'll grill the steaks and put on some taters and onions. Relax for the rest of the evening on the deck, and maybe take a run to the lake for an evening swim, or maybe a little fishing on the creek. Top the evening off with a brownie (the fun kind) and sit back and watch a movie with my wife. Probably make milkshakes or rootbeer floats (we both crave one or the other when we're in the brownie state)

So what about you guys?

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2011, 04:25 PM
RE: What's your perfect summer day?
(02-07-2011 01:02 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  So what about you guys?

Sitting on the computer playing video games with buds like any other day.
Preferably with a large stock of cold beverages and a window open, though.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
02-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Well I gotta say your day sounds pretty good. But for me A perfect day would have the beach involved, preferably not crowded, and an ice cream cone.
Now that I have a kid though my day went more like this. Go to park. Play. more play at park. Pool. More playing. Hot dogs. Playing. Pool again. And a nice long walk to tire her right out. Still good, but I do miss the beach.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Expectations of a perfect one-month break:
Listening to classical music at full volume, maybe playing some games, and being with my family. Finding someone to talk to also I suppose.

Reality:
Morning: Morning lessons, General Paper revision
Afternoon: Bio/Phy/Chem Revision
Evening: Math/Economics Revision

EVERY SINGLE DAY, but I like what I learn, so there Big Grin

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
03-07-2011, 06:25 AM
Gah... I can't even describe how many things I just love about summer... here is a few from good old Maryland

1. Hiking along the Appalachian trail, I actually lived 50 ft away from it!
2. Anything to do with the Potomac (Again, real close), Kayaking, tubing, you name it!
3. Cook outs
4. Working at the movie theater, fun times and crazy busy during summer releases.
5. Going horseback riding at my friend's farm
6. Bike patrol volunteer (Along the C&O, loads of fun)

Now, in Okinawa, lots of different, but equally awesome fun (Summer in Okinawa lasts from April-November)

1.SCUBA/Snorkeling (natural coral reefs all along the island, some are noted as being in the top reefs of the world)
2. Obon (Japanese version of Dios de los Muertes)
3. Yukata!! (Summer kimono for festivals)
4. The beach

Summer is truly a great season Cool

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
03-07-2011, 07:17 AM
My perfect summer say is going to Switzerland, and having a big tour on foot in the Alps. Then settling down in the raw, unharmed nature and think about deep stuff Smile

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
03-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Perfect day starts around 7 AM. Get up, stretch out, and get out on the bike by 7:30. Pedal into the hills and country side for 3 or so hours and come home and shower. Eat lunch, head to the pool with the wife and kids and, if possible, listen to a ball game on the radio. Come home, throw some meat on the grill, drink a beer in the backyard while grilling, maybe play with the dog for a while and then eat dinner. Watch some TV or play Wii with the boys, put them to bed, settle down and in bed 11ish.

This is pretty much every weekend for me in the summer, but sometimes we switch up and head to the beach instead. I love summer, though. I get a little sick of the sweltering heat and commuting into New York City in a suit when it's 90f+ and 800% humidity sucks but I'll deal with that to the weekends on the bike and by the pool.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
03-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Sleep in a bit, but not too much. Have a coffee. Go to market, get fresh fruit. Head to beach with pals and sun bathe all afternoon. Go for a walk in a beautiful forest or cute little town. Have dinner and drinks with friends or SO. Watch sunset with more drinks. Dance. Sleep. Doing this allll summer Smile
04-07-2011, 10:31 AM

The last day of summer, because I hate the season. I much prefer winter and cold weather.
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Baseball. Something about the ballpark on a hot summer day. The breeze is amazing. The crowd makes the heat bearable. And baseball...well thats my passion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user